Author Topic: Feeling unique  (Read 2766 times)

kiyoothong

Feeling unique
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:57:52 AM »
I know that some of you want male thongs to become more popular. But, don't you think it would be less exciting if thongs become popular? I personally like being in the minority, and I enjoy being the only male thonger on the beach.

Thonglover27

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling unique
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 05:45:45 AM »
I see your point of view. I wouldn't mind them becoming popular or staying under the mainstream bar. I just want them to become socially acceptable. Women can wear practically the same thing and wear very minimum around their chest and it be ok. But, when men want to wear less it becomes awkward or strange. Speedos and bikinis were acceptable on men just a couple decades ago. I dont see why they and thongs cant he accepted now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

marquisdepercin

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »
Wholeheartedly agree with increasing thong popularity. Overcoming  society stigma is the first step. The major manuf. must jump on the wagon with good design and marketing. They must put their weight behind it.
Jockey, Fruit of the Loom, Hanes are the biggies that come to mind.
Once that is done those of us who wear them will be looked at as confident, comfortable and sure with themselves, willing to go out of the box.
For me what others may think is of no concern of mine. I don't care how they feel about it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 12:41:30 PM »
Interesting topic! I would be more than happy if men thongs become socially accepted as well as "one of the popular men's underwear types".

Definitely the first step would be for thongs to become socially acceptable. Big brands need to take that initiative.

Any premium/luxury brand (Versace, Dolce Gabbana, et al) would first need to showcase mens thongs in major fashion shows.

Then, may be, Armani coming up with "Skimpy" underwear collection for men. You can't just market thongs. There has to be a gradual progression. So, Skimpy collection would focus on 'sexy and comfortable' designs. Educating how pouches and skimpy coverage bring best of both worlds (sexy and comfortable). Comfort should be the key in the marketing campaigns.

Digital/print ads could focus on male celebrity wearing low coverage bikini undie such as 3/4 back coverage with decent pouch.

That's how the Skimpy collection would look:
3/4 back coverage, 2/3 back, 1/2 back, and then Thong
These would be available with different pouch sizes and with thin or no waistband.

In a nutshell, a big brands focus on 'comfortable yet sexy' and celebrity endorsement could just make it happen.

Oh. I guess I am being carried away and getting too demanding. 

irthonger

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »
I personally would like to see it more main stream. I would like for it to be allowed on beaches more and not be made fun of or snickered at. If women can wear them and people go oo-la-la and then men wear them and go gross or hahahahaha. You know?

Basically I just want to be able to tan on the beach and not be eagle eyed focused on... I just want to get some dope tan lines... people can be so intrusive.