Author Topic: Does anyone remember their first time wearing a thong?  (Read 16602 times)

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone remember their first time wearing a thong?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Great story! Those were my first pair of thongs too. I remember buying them from a Jockey store in my town when I was 16 (1996). I forgot about the round tubes until you mentioned them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smiley69_300

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
Awesome story Alynm!

Alynm

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »
Great story! Those were my first pair of thongs too. I remember buying them from a Jockey store in my town when I was 16 (1996). I forgot about the round tubes until you mentioned them!!

Thanks! I remember the transition from mom buying my underwear to doing it myself and it felt like a right of passage. Of course, this was in the 80s when the selection was not nearly as great but my local department store carried Jockey so I was way into the Elance bikinis in the plastic tubes. I think I was in the 7th maybe 8th grade. The trend was noticeable in the locker room at school and I didn't want to be the dorky kid wearing white briefs so I immediately made the switch.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
I wish this were the trend again now. Too many guys wear boxers or boxer briefs/trunks. Bring back the days of bikinis being the popular style and add thongs into the popular mix!!

thongchicago

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »
Jockey was also my first thongs, since I reached puberty in the nineties as well. I lived in the western US in a warm locale, so I also grew up and went to gym class and everyone of the kids in my high school class wore at least tighty whities. Many wore colored briefs. A few, but still a sizeable proportion, of guys wore the jockey elance bikinis. Zero boxers.

I must have been a sophomore or junior in high school when I started to buy my own underwear, and I started buying myself string bikinis and thongs. My first thong was a purple jockey brand thong. I loved it so much but I was afraid to wear it since my parents still did my laundry. My younger brother found it when I went off to college on the east coast (he's gay too). I told him he could have it, but I don't know if he ever took it.

Alynm

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 03:11:31 PM »
Since we're reminiscing about the Jockey Elance thongs I thought I would break out my of vintage Jockey thongs for the day. I have these in black, white, red, navy blue, aqua, and pink. All from the early 90s.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »
Is that the cotton one with the string back or the textured microfiber one they also sold?

Alynm

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »
The original...cotton with the string back. They came one pair to a box (with the model front and rear) but then switched to a plastic tube with 2-pair (no model on the package). They finally changed to the larger flat box with 2-pair and once again with the model on the front. I have (4) packages of those brand new in the original boxes that have never been worn. I'll have to look at the year on the box but I think it was mid-90's. They were discontinued sometime after that and were eventually replaced by the ones I think you are talking about.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 08:28:17 AM »
My first ones were the cotton in the tube with 2 pair. Yeah, the microfiber ones came later. Early 2000's I think. I can't believe you still have the cotton ones brand new in the package!

Alynm

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »
I just got a message from my BFF who I sent a 'care package' to a few days ago that included a new Obviously thong. He said 'putting it on reminded him of the first time he wore a thong but BETTER' which naturally led to a hilarious flashback to our early days of thong wearing. I told him about the forum so hopefully he will poke his head in here sometime soon.

SmallThong

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 05:54:00 AM »
I remember my first thong experience - that was just over a year and a half ago when i was first starting to openly date guys and was in great shape so was getting comfortable migrating to boxer briefs to briefs to some bikinis...i thought at the time that I was so scandalous in a Cocksox string bikini...i loved it until i dated this one guy who on our first date mentioned that i should try a thong, that he loved them but never would wear them himself (was a real masculine type...not that they wouldn't/shouldn't wear a thong!)...next time we got together he brought me a Joe Snyder bulge he got online...it was royal blue and i was stunned that someone would buy another sexy underwear, so soon...but i took it home that night and couldn't keep my hands off myself...i was hooked

jakesmith11

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
Love the pic :)

Since we're reminiscing about the Jockey Elance thongs I thought I would break out my of vintage Jockey thongs for the day. I have these in black, white, red, navy blue, aqua, and pink. All from the early 90s.

Caged4Good

• Casual Thonger
  • Life Long Thong Wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »
It was in ‘83 or ‘84 and I was 12 or 13. I saw a movie on HBO with a guy in it wearing a thong. Didn’t know what it was called or where to get one but loved it. I took a pair of Fruit of the Loom tighty whities and cut the sides out to make the thong back and pouch. I wore those every chance I got.

Arango

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
Very nice pic and thong. I had the same!! Loved it!

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
My first ones were the cotton in the tube with 2 pair. Yeah, the microfiber ones came later. Early 2000's I think. I can't believe you still have the cotton ones brand new in the package!

Hey Thongornothin....

Look what I just found...Jockey Elance Thong 2-pack in the plastic tube from 1994.

https://vgy.me/1yDGnM.jpg

https://vgy.me/9ZcBCj.jpg