Author Topic: Coming Out as a Thonger  (Read 5370 times)

TxThong

Coming Out as a Thonger
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »
I have only ever worn thong at home with my wife or when going to the beach by myself.  I would like to be open about my swimwear preference to family and friends.  But like I suspect so many others, was raised in a repressive and body shaming family.  I am afraid of negative response.
For those of you that are open about thong swimwear with friends and family how did you come out and what were reactions?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:35:56 AM by TxThong »

Briefsdave

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Out as a Thinger
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:36:57 PM »
I am like you, happy to share & display my choices of underwear/swimwear with my partner.
And If you have good friends, they won’t really care what you wear - they might make some gentle jokes etc, but if you show your confidence in that situation that will soon change
So take strength from that choice, however different from your friends & family. You’ll be surprised how many will not only be not bothered, but also support you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ioannis

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 03:01:58 PM »
all depends from your friends and if they are true friends.....for me wasnt never a problem...my friends know about my preference and  not only i never had bad reactions , but sometimes i had funny moments....for example, some years ago i went to Cyrpus for a few days and i stayed in my friend place.he knows.so during the first night, we said goodnight and we made our way to our bedrooms....it was just then, when my friend in a joke mood, asked me if i wore a thong..i asked yes - it was a black one from homme- so he said, strip to your thong and model it for me..i did , we laughed and thats it...
one another time , i was with another male friend and as i stepped out of my car, while he was in , i had a huge maletail..he said " are you wearing a thong again...omg.. and laughed...i answered " always" and closed my eye...

this summer with another couple, friends of us, we went to the beach...to be honest the meeting was accidental....in Athens there is one private beach the astir beach, which we both like a lot..
https://www.google.com/search?q=%CE%B1%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83+%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B9%CE%B1&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGR754GR754&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwz9fI3OvfAhXEwosKHXWkCbIQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=667#imgrc=n8QvKFoPAsXpJM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%CE%B1%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%83+%CF%80%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B9%CE%B1&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGR754GR754&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwz9fI3OvfAhXEwosKHXWkCbIQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=667#imgrc=xKzLJq7-XkH-NM:

https://www.astir.gr/beach/

so one sunday we decided to enjoy the sea, we left our kids at home, and of we go !! both in thongs as usual...so as we were on the way to the beach, my wife's mobile rang..it was her friend asking where are we and what are we planned for the day...my wife said that we are on the way to astir beach and to her suprise her friend said " what a great idea, we are stuck because of trafic and we have no hope to approach the beach we planned to go, but astir is very close to us, so we are going to join you"....there was no way back and there was no way to deny...i was a little embarrasent at the moment, but we didnt have other choice.....
so what exactly happenend if you want i can tell but they saw us in our thongs, they didnt say much, we had a great time..

so dont have any hesitation, enjoy your thonging and feel free about it...good friends likes you as a person not because of your underwear or swimwear choice...

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:48:52 PM »
Are you discussing other models of underware too? I don't think so. Why do you think you have to discuss thongs or g-strings with other people? It is underware, nothing more and nothing less. So why all the fuss. And underware is most of the time invisible under your clothes.
My ex-partner did not like skimpy underware on men so I had to hide it for her. My wife now likes it very much as long as it is not extreme. A few times I have stayed over on small sailing boats with friends. When I went to bed in those cramped quarters, you can not avoid being seen in your underware. I did not gave a hoot about their opinions.
For swimwear it is different. It is out in the open. It took me about two seasons to feel confident to walk the beaches. That was in the Netherlands and France so the public was not as negative about it as in the USA.
So get over it and don't behave as if you have some extremely contagious illness.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

TxThong

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15:49 AM »
I wear a variety of underwear, just depends on my mood.  I don’t really care if I am nude in my home. But outdoors, at the beach or poolside, I prefer to wear minimal attire.  Depending on the situation, it ranges from a DA bikini to a BeachnDance thong.

underlvr

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
A guy i dated last year actually bought me about 10 thongs and got me to throw out all of my other underwear (except a few bikinis)...so there you go..no issues with him.  After that most guys actually like that i wear a thong

asianthonger92

Re: Coming Out as a Thonger
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:37:52 PM »
I guess you’re all in an open environment. I’m korean and I go to a Korean church, so I’m in a conservative environment. Most of my friends are from church, and they don’t know about my underwear preference. I don’t think it’s necessary for my friends to know about my underwear choice, but I play sports with them and I would like to openly change in front of them.

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »
I can assure you there are many of us not in an open environment. Only my wife knows my preferences. I wouldn’t mind being comfortable changing in front of others in my community, but wouldn’t for fear of others finding out. I can be okay not caring what others think, but I wouldn’t want others in my family to have to deal with any potential stigma.

Personally I find the stigma around men in thongs to be part of the fun. I like having a fun little secret throughout the day.

asianthonger92

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 07:40:08 PM »
I can assure you there are many of us not in an open environment. Only my wife knows my preferences. I wouldn’t mind being comfortable changing in front of others in my community, but wouldn’t for fear of others finding out. I can be okay not caring what others think, but I wouldn’t want others in my family to have to deal with any potential stigma.

Personally I find the stigma around men in thongs to be part of the fun. I like having a fun little secret throughout the day.

That’s partially why I keep my thong wearing a secret. I just think it’s fun to have a kinky secret, and it’s something I would like to share with my significant other.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:59:48 PM by asianthonger92 »

underlvr

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 10:17:12 AM »
A guy i dated last year actually bought me about 10 thongs and got me to throw out all of my other underwear (except a few bikinis)...so there you go..no issues with him.  After that most guys actually like that i wear a thong

I do have something to add to what i wrote - wearing thongs is perhaps even more personal than any other underwear style.  It’s non-traditional, and i think worn for a more specific and deliberate purpose....hence this site/message room and all you thong enthusiasts.  For that reason, i am more careful letting people into my little world of underwear.  Like other people in life, you never know what uw they have on....so i just follow that guideline.  If they want to know, i’m Not shy/ashamed, happy to talk thongs with anyone who wants to...within reason of course!

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:53 PM »

I do have something to add to what i wrote - wearing thongs is perhaps even more personal than any other underwear style.  It’s non-traditional, and i think worn for a more specific and deliberate purpose....hence this site/message room and all you thong enthusiasts.  For that reason, i am more careful letting people into my little world of underwear.  Like other people in life, you never know what uw they have on....so i just follow that guideline.  If they want to know, i’m Not shy/ashamed, happy to talk thongs with anyone who wants to...within reason of course!

Well said. I think you summed it up perfectly.

asianthonger92

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 04:54:53 AM »

Nailed it. Thongs are special but we need to treat them as normal underwear. We wear them for specific purposes, but they’re also just underwear after all. No need to brag about your underwear.