Author Topic: Isn't masculinity sometimes harmful to men themselves? (philosophical)  (Read 7080 times)

HappiMan

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Aren't societal, and in this case for men on this forum, fashion standards, just as poisonous to men as they are to women? I'm reading a blog that says a lot of what we know, that men are from birth discouraged from showing emotion, boys don't cry, etc... Also, I have seen some men here complain about the double standards applied to men's and women's underwear and thongs. But isn't this more because of the fault of masculinity, not women's society per se?

Thoughts? 
Welcome to men's thongs

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
Change the world and start with yourself.
If you want change in attitude, you have to do it yourself. Nobody else will do it for you. Within the law and within reason, you should break away from those limiting societal "rules."
Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner. This is from Lao Tzu, a Chinese philospher.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laozi

If you wear your strings as if it is the most normal thing in the world, you are making progress. If people see you are not impressed by their sneering, they will stop. If people see you wear your strings with confidence, some may start it too.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
I agree with beachlion on this topic. When you treat what you're wearing as only clothing and you show confidence, no one will give you a hard time (well normally no one will). It's when you show vulnerability that others will exploit your lack of confidence.

I wear thong underwear daily and I used to care if anyone found out. Then when others found out or noticed, it was a laughable joke but I was included in it, never behind my back. That made it even more acceptable. A couple good friends even bought me thongs as a Christmas gift, partially as our inside joke but also because they knew I'd wear them and they could ask if I was wearing them later on.

I'm now 36 years old, have been wearing them almost exclusively since I was 16, and now I even will wear them in front of friends and on the beach as swimwear. After 20 years, I just don't give a F if anyone has an issue. I'm conservative when I need to be (like when families/kids are around and I'll wear a Speedo) but otherwise I just do what I'm comfortable in; not what society says I should wear. Hell, I even wear booty shorts when it's hot out. I'm gonna be comfortable in hot weather. Not like I'm obese and look bad wearing such clothing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Awesome! Yeah, once you take that "F it" step, everything becomes so much easier and I found that I was less self conscious. Like you, I'm a bit of any exhibitionist so that helps make it a little easier too. But I wasn't always that way. I used to be super shy and conservative. The older I got, the more I did what I wanted, not what others thought I should do.

Thongs are especially practical for exercise and lifting. They're a nothing to bind you, which is necessary when doing squats and leg lifts. I love that you can see that perfect little triangle through your tights! Maybe you'll end up being a motivator in your gym for other guys to give them a try because they're practical and they're seeing them on another "masculine" guy who's also into building and not some skinny gay twink, lol. I mean, I'm skinny and gay but not the flamboyant type. :)

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
You're awesome! Looking forward to many more conversations and sharing stories/experiences. 🤜🏻🤛🏻[emoji1]

Str8thicknass

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
You're awesome! Looking forward to many more conversations and sharing stories/experiences. 🤜🏻🤛🏻[emoji1]

Thank You 😊. Me too and I do plan to share as often as i can 😊

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

kiyoothong

You've certainly inspired me. Were you chubby and fat before? I am also a  big guy and I'm still  a bit self conscious. But I still thong out whenever I can and so far I haven't gotten any stick fŕom others. That being said, I can't openly wear thongs when I am with friends and family. I'm outwardly straight and I have that macho look. And I think that my friends could get under my skin if I reveal too much.
I guess being in shape helps. If you've got it, then you can flaunt it.

Str8thicknass

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
WoW! I'm featured on this thread!!! I'm honored 🤗

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

jakesmith11

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
love the pics ! you look amazing !

Str8thicknass

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
love the pics ! you look amazing !
Thanks Jake. I try to represent as well as possible 😊

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Sherlock

• Newbie Thonger
  • You only live ones
    • View Profile
    • Best male enhancing pills
Wow, you're so amazing!   8) 8)
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Str8thicknass

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Wow, you're so amazing!   8) 8)
😁 thanks Sherlock 😊

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk