Author Topic: New to thongs. Need guidance  (Read 15531 times)

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
New to thongs. Need guidance
« on: March 22, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am quite new to men thongs. I know this is a very long post, but I really need some guidance. But before that it's important that I share the background with you all. I wore my first thong around 6 months ago.

Background

I am/was a regular briefs wearer. An year ago I didn't know that men thongs even exist.

Being a regular briefs wearer doesn't mean I am satisfied with that style. I felt most briefs style too restrictive in the front area. It gives support, but squish the stuff too much. Same problem with boxer briefs. Once I tried boxers, but didn't like the unsupported dangling feel. Since then I thought briefs might be the best that is available for men. That was a compromise.

How it started?

My girlfriend wears thongs occasionally. It was always a turn on for me to see her in thong, but I had no slightest clue that man thongs exist.

6 months ago, she gave me a package and asked me to wear it, and she herself went to the other room to change. I opened the package. It had 2 tiny underwear in red and black. I thought it's women's thongs, but noticed the pouch in front. I wore it without thinking too much as I was focusing more on the action that was gonna happen next.

After the sex, both of us normally wear our underwear to go to sleep. So, I wore that thong and felt really good in the front (while a bit odd feeling in the back). First thing I thought was "Why can't they make normal underwear front like this?" I asked her why did she gift me this, she said "Just like men find them sexy on women, women too find them hot on men".

The Eureka moment!

After few days, while getting ready in the morning, I realized I have ran out of clean underwear. Then, I thought to give that thong a try. After first hour of adjusting the back strap, I almost forgot I was wearing any underwear, while my stuff felt relaxed, supported and not squished. I smiled and thought - I found the most comfortable underwear! Why I didn't know about this? Why I never see this underwear type in stores or online? Why I always thought Thong is a women thing? When I wore it, it didn't feel feminine at all. In fact, it felt manlier than a brief or boxer brief because of the front pouch. It was like a revelation for me.

But, eh..

I started wearing those thongs for 2-3 hours a day. After 4-5 days, I started feeling a bit uncomfortable in the back. I realized the crack has got itchy and sensitive. While I liked the support and freedom in front, the fabric made few other things worse (sweaty junk). I realized that these thongs were made of some synthetic material (nylon or polyester) and it was hot.

I was very disappointed, because as I felt that I found the perfect underwear style for me, I realized it was far from it. Are men thongs a novelty product only? Don't they make it for everyday wear?

The research begins

I opened Amazon and started searching for thongs. I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see men thongs available online. I wamted to avoid cheaper ones, so I ordered a HOM and a Cocksox. When the package arrived, I got disappointed again as the HOM was restrictive in front and it just had a thread in the back, while the Cocksox was pushing my stuff too much in the front.

I ordered a Doreanse, and it was also too tight in front. Well, I had thought that thongs have a comfy front by design, but I was so wrong.

I then started googling about men thongs to understand if men thongs are actually perceived as comfortable daily underwear, and I only heard such great things focusing on comfort and style. So, where did I go wrong?

Then, I came across this forum. I realized there are a lot of experienced thong wearers here. So, I wanted to understand what's the key to find a perfect thong? Do you guys find thongs comfortable? Should I look for a specific brand? Specific fabric?

I could have given off easily, but I still believe that the structure of a thong makes it a perfect underwear. I just don't realise where is it going wrong.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: New to thongs. Need guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 01:35:50 PM »
First congratulations on discovering things and this forum. I hope you find the help you seek.

It think for many of us our first thongs were both exciting and disappointing. Like you finding a thong that is supportive up front and not restrictive is a great thing. Having a partner accept and promote your wearing of thongs is wonderful. But our first thongs often were the wrong size for us, the wrong material or the wrong cut. The beat thing to find the right thing is by trial and error, way too often. For sizing pay attention to your waist size and the size guide of the manufacturer. Just because you wear one size, say medium, for one company you may not wear that size from a different company. Next take a look at the material. Do you prefer cotton, rayon, a synthetic, nylon or something else.

For an all day comfort thong you might want to start with cotton. For me one of the most comfortable cotton thong’s is from N2N Bodywear. If looking at Amazon I’d suggest trying iKingsky (pay attention to the sizing guides as they change slightly for different styles). I suspect there are many of us that have a number of thongs in our drawer that we thought looked sexy/interesting/attractive and once they arrived we found the fit not quite right. It happens. Sometimes the rear strap is to long or to short making the thong uncomfortable. Sometimes the pouch is to restrictive or to loose. Once you find the right fit for you you may well discover you prefer thongs to any other form of underwear.  For me, I wear a thong every day. They are comfortable, sexy and supportive while being non-restrictive.

I would not say you went wrong. I would say you are in the discovery phase. Some things to consider May be:
Ergowear
N2N Bodywear
iKingsky
Greg Homme
Covermale
Daniel Alexander
Magic Slik
Male Power
Joe Snyder
Andrew Christian
C-in2

This is only a partial list. I’m sure others here have favorites and other suggestions.

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 04:49:07 AM »
Hey Explorer, welcome and well done for wanting to try out thongs.

Think about wearing a shirt. There's lots of different makes and models and fits, right? With thongs it's pretty much the same. The only difference is that the fit is even more important since thongs are underwear. Not only that, but there are different factors that contribute to make a specific model of thong underwear comfortable or not; fabric, fit, type of stitching (which is soo important to make a thong comfortable in the backside). It took me some trial and error to find the models I like the best.

My advice is trying thongs from Olaf Benz. They're not cheap, but the quality is really great. They're one of my favourite makers and their products are comfortable for all day wear. Good luck!

Thonglover27

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 05:40:02 AM »
Like the other members mentioned, try different brands and styles. I have a few thongs from jockey. My favorite brand is Obviously. The material is super soft and supportive and the back doesn't bother me a bit. Almost feels like I'm not wearing anything, but my crown jewels are getting the support they need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 05:52:28 AM »
We have all been down the same road that you have traveled. I would venture to say that most significant others did NOT buy our first thong for us. You should feel special that your significant other wants to see you in a thong.

Don't give up on them, you will find thongs that look great on you and will make you feel like you aren't wearing anything. Getting the right style and size is of utmost importance. This board is great to ask questions and get opinions on brands and styles. Don't be shy, share some pictures and ask some questions and everyone will be happy to offer their opinions and suggestions.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 11:25:39 AM »
Thanks for all encouraging responses.

I am glad to hear that it's not just me, but a very common struggle for most of the folks to find the perfect thong. I am all up for trial and error.

Wow. I never really thought about the fabric of underwear (you may call me ignorant). But, to your question RCBlue, I checked my undies and all my briefs are made of either Cotton or Cotton + elastene. So, I guess I should look for Cotton thongs.

Regarding these brands, I am able to find Olaf Benz, iKingsy and few others on Amazon. Btw, I live in Germany (moved here few years ago), so I am not sure if most of other recommended brands are niche American brands because I couldn't find on Amazon DE.

I have already added ikingsy, Olaf Benz and Bruno Banani thongs in my cart. Will place the order today :)

Another thing I am looking for in thongs is that they should look  smart and sober (I know I am being picky), as I want something that I could potentially wear as a daily underwear. I and my gf sometimes walk around the apartment in our Tees and undies. With briefs, I have to keep on adjusting the front. I actually liked the look of ikingsy and Olaf Benz and hope they would be perfect for everyday wear.

Regarding the partner supporting this, I really appreciate my gf for this. In fact, we both are open with this. I often compliment on her new undies. Initially, she recommended me to try boxers. She knows that I liked thongs when she gifted me but am unable to find comfy models. Few days ago, she was searching on the internet for "most comfortable men's thongs" and was recommending me few styles. We started looking at those together - liked a few, while laughed at others.

kraig911

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 03:56:48 AM »
Welcome to the club so to speak!  As many have mentioned, most of us have been right where you are and once you find the fit that is perfect for you, it is very likely you won't go back. 

Being in Germany, you have some access to some very nice, high end thongs.  Olaf Benz is one of my favorites and are amazing for all day wear.  I find them extremely comfortable and they have many styles that will fill your "smart and sober" description.  With the right fit/material, you will find there will be very little adjustment needed.  Pay attention to the amount of spandex/elastane in the mix.  This will change how the pouch holds you and you will just have to find what mix you like. 

Best of luck and sounds like your gf is a keeper!

kiyoothong

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 05:10:12 AM »
Good to know that you have support from your partner. When I started wearing thongs, I had to hide them because my parents were strict.

If you're a novice thonger, I suggest you get wide back thongs with a roomy front. G-string type thongs can be uncomfortable because the strap can cut too deep into the crack and cause irritation. Whereas, if you wear a wide back thong, the strap just sits between your cheeks.

Hope this helps.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 05:51:43 AM »
Thanks Kraig. I have already ordered Olaf Benz. Eagerly waiting for it. Any other recommendations for brands or websites that sell in Europe?

Thanks kiyoothong. Yes, I think that's the reason I found HOM thong uncomfortable, because although it looked like a thong, but had a thin string at the back. I really liked the back of Doreanse 1216 thong. The back strap just slipped perfectly inside my cheeks without any annoyance (but was bothered by almost negligible front space).

Ceolona

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 03:10:57 PM »
I actually liked the look of ikingsy and Olaf Benz and hope they would be perfect for everyday wear.

I can vouch for the ikingsky as daily wear.  Don’t be shy about the “big pouch” description. Just means that it won’t smush your stuff into a pouch the size of a lime. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »
I have been wearing thongs and g strings on and off for 20 plus years.  Like another member said, the wider straps can be more comfortable,  but now, I prefer the smallest strap.

I also threw out all of my other underwear styles  and only have thongs and g strings. I wear ikingsky now.  They are pretty good, but I have not found too many that I don't like, but I must say that I like ikingsky pretty good. 

Size and material are and have been important for me through the years.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 05:59:45 AM »
Thanks for reassurance. I am anxiously waiting to receive ikingsky, Olaf Benz and Bruno Banani thongs tomorrow.

Will share my experience.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 01:02:56 PM »
So, the package arrived few minutes ago. I would say the initial feedback is positive so far!

Bruno Banani

The fabric feels good and premium. After wearing it, it felt more like a swimwear. The front is very tight. There is literally no space in front, and the back string is going too deep. Overall, disappointed. Not something I was looking for.

Olaf Benz

This one's thin and soft. I was hopeful. After wearing, I felt good. The space in front is optimal, and the back string feel good too. Yeah!

ikingsky

Now, this one's a winner! Amazingly soft fabric. I just fell in love with how it supported my stuff without squishing it, and how the back string disappeared in my cheeks. Doesn't look as premium as Olaf Benz, but is super comfy. I am glad there are 6 of these! I am excited to show all 8 pairs to my gf.

As I am writing this, I am wearing the black ikingsky. I can't thank you guys enough for the suggestions. I think I could wear ikingsky and Olaf Benz as daily underwear. I have never felt so comfortable in an underwear ever in my life.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 04:19:39 PM »
Glad you found a few thongs that work well for you. I have to agree the iKingsky thongs are very comfortable. Now that you found daily wear thong you may never go back ;-)
Hope your GF enjoys as well.

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 11:02:29 PM »
Glad you like the ikingsky thongs.  They are my favorite right now.  As I said, I transitioned to only thongs and g strings since the first few days of 2021.  I have not looked back and I now only think of them as underwear and not thongs. 

I don't try to show it, but if the situation comes up at a doctor's appointment that requires me to reveal my underwear,  then I will and not care.

Good luck with trying other thongs and who knows maybe g strings in the future.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk