When and Where > Favorite Places

Onsens/Hotsprings

(1/2) > >>

dapotatoman23:
I always make an effort to go to an onsen town or at least a public bath whenever I visit family in Japan, and I always wear a thong under the yukata. Since onsens require people to be naked by default, I obviously don't wear my thong in the water, but nothing beats the feeling of getting out from the hot onsen water on a chilly day and slipping a thong on!

kiyoothong:
The onsens you go to, are they communal onsens or private? Do you get your own onsen bath or do you have to share it with others?

dapotatoman23:
I almost never get a private bath, I tend to use the shared hot spring as do most people who aren't bathing as a couple or as a family. Most onsens in Japan are shared/communal, although there are also the occasional private ones catering for couples and families.

irthonger:

--- Quote from: dapotatoman23 on August 13, 2022, 08:32:56 PM ---I always make an effort to go to an onsen town or at least a public bath whenever I visit family in Japan, and I always wear a thong under the yukata. Since onsens require people to be naked by default, I obviously don't wear my thong in the water, but nothing beats the feeling of getting out from the hot onsen water on a chilly day and slipping a thong on!

--- End quote ---

Do you have any recommendations of good onsens around tokyo? I was there about a month ago and didn't have much time to go to any because I also didn't have a car so non were easily accessible.

dapotatoman23:
There aren't any onsens in Tokyo itself as far as I am aware, but there are sentos (public baths) scattered around and in many of the nicer hotels. Alternatively, the most popular onsen town close to Tokyo would be Hakone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version