Author Topic: Skinxwear  (Read 2303 times)

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
Skinxwear
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:49:58 AM »
I got many pairs of Skinxwear-branded thongs during a holiday in Singapore, and as far as I'm aware, they seem to be a local brand from Singapore or maybe neigbouring Malaysia. Each pair of thongs are packaged individually in relatively nice looking boxes that are littered with various buzzwords like 'sensuous', 'ultralight', 'enhancing', 'L'invisible' and etc,. I was later told that the brand stopped production recently, so if you do come across them, this might be your last chance. In total I got 6 thongs, each from a different line and features different materials/look.

1. Skinxwear Profilo Enhancing Push-up Thong

This was by far my favourite of the bunch. They came in various bright colours which I liked, although I ended up getting a blue one. The Profilo Thong is made with a combination of modal, milk (whatever that is), and elastane, and I absolutely adored the feel of the cloth; it felt very soft and sensual to the touch, and therefore, very comfortable on skin. As the name suggests, the thong features a nice pouch which creates a bigger looking bulge (similar to Cocksox's) although I found it to be a bit snug for my package. I also really liked the cut, which I thought was very agreeable with the back strap at the perfect thickness. I do have a bit of doubt about the quality as the stitching did start to frazzle after a few wears.

Fit: 5/5
Look: 5/5
Comfort: 5/5
Quality: 3/5
Function (Enhancing Bulge): 5/5

2. Skinxwear Supremo String Thong

The Supremo String looks very similar to the HOM Freddy String, given its combined thong and g-string look, but made with different fabric. They only had this thong in black, although the feel and material of the fabric seemed similar to the Profilo one. It is made with a combination of micromodal and elastane, and it likewise felt very soft to the touch. The thong also features a nice pouch that felt roomy. I also really liked the cut which looks very nice from the back, although the string did chafed a bit between the cheeks causing some discomfort. The string frazzles after a few wears, but I guess that's by design since the Freddy String does the same.

Comfort: 3.5/5
Quality: 4/5

3. Skinxwear Perfetto Invisible Thong

This appears to be the brand's answer to VTL, as it is explicitly marketed as invisible underwear. It came in a few colours, and the white version was noticeably sheer. The thong is made of nylon microfibre and was silky to the touch, although I didn't like it as much as I did with the Profilo and Supremo ones. It felt relatively comfortable to wear, and indeed prevented any visible VTL (although my pair in blue is still technically visible when wearing white trousers). However, I disliked that it wasn't good at keeping my package in. The lack of a guide (usually from the elastic lining) meant my privates kept poking out of the sides of the pouch, which made it annoying. Furthermore, I have doubts about the quality as the glued-on lining has started coming off after several wears, as did the stitch between the pouch and the thong strap. It didn't help that this was the most expensive piece of the bunch.

Fit: 3/5
Comfort: 3.5/5
Quality: 2/5
Function: 5/5

4. Skinxwear Ultimo Y-Back Thong

This was honestly my second favourite of the bunch. Being a Y-Back Thong, it looked similar to those by 2(X)IST and C-IN2, but features a thinner back strap akin to a g-string. The string itself was flat with rounded edges and was very soft and silky. The thong pouch is made of microfibre and spandex and is likewise soft and silky. I also really liked the waistband, since it is very soft and elastic and didn't twist. I had concerns about the stitching on the tiny Y-back might come off, but it has managed to keep its shape after some use. I really love sleeping in these as it feels like not wearing any underwear at all. The only con to this is probably the look of the back, since the Y-back's string doesn't go all the way up the cheeks before diverging into the Y. That is a personal preference though. All in all, excellent!

Look: 4/5
Comfort: 6/5 (amongst the most comfortable thongs I've ever worn ever)
Quality: 4.5/5

5. Skinxwear Senza Ultra Thong

So I'm not sure what exactly makes these thongs 'ultra', but the packaging suggests it's based on how light they are (although I didn't notice any discernible difference). Like the invisible thongs, these ones are made with nylon microfibre so they can be rather sheer in lighter colours. The material feels silky although a bit rougher than the invisible ones. I really liked that these had a nice and roomy pouch that kept the package in place whilst giving a nice but not too offensive bulge. The non-absorbent material meant that sweat won't soak it up, making it suitable for athletic use. I thought these ones are also relatively comfortable, with a great back strap thickness. Although, I notice there was some discolouration after a few washes.

Fit: 4/5
Look: 4/5
Comfort: 4/5
Quality: 3.5/5

6. Skinxwear Intima Sensuous Thong

I found these to be my third favourite of the bunch. The thong is made of nylon mesh microfibre, and has a horizontally-stripped texture that alternated between being sheer and solid in colour. The fit and shape was very similar to the Ultra Thong and features a nice, roomy pouch for the package that also gave a nice bulge. However, I felt that the fabric is noticeably softer compared to the Ultra Thong, which made it a lot more comfortable (especially during extended usage). The quality also seemed much better, and had no discernible wear and tear or discolouration after several washes. Excellent!

Fit: 4/5
Comfort: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 06:11:40 AM by dapotatoman23 »

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Skinxwear
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 06:13:55 AM »
I recently learnt that this brand is discontinuing their thong line, which frankly really saddens me given how excellent some of their products are. Many of the thongs shown above aren't on widespread sale anymore, whether in Singapore or otherwise.  :(

xzate08

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 10:21:26 AM »
That's a shame to hear!

I went to Malaysia in 2019 and bought three of the first one! I couldn't find the other lines which is a shame because I was looking at quite a few stores in KL.

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 08:41:17 AM »
Unfortunately, this brand has discontinued all their thongs.