Author Topic: HOM  (Read 2022 times)

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
HOM
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
HOM is probably amongst the more well known brands in this forum, but I thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on a few of their thongs. As you know, HOM is a French brand that's been making men's thongs for a long time. Interestingly though, it appears they no longer stock Jockstraps. Over the years, i've had the opportunity to try out many of their products, including three types of thongs.

HOM Plume G-String
This is probably HOM's signature thong and nowadays, only comes in four colours. It is made with polyamide elastane, giving the fabric a smooth, silky feel. Unlike a regular g-string though, this one comes with a thong back as opposed to a narrow string. I really liked the minimal look of the thong, which I thought looks appealing from all sides. I also liked that the string waistband did not bunch up, making it nicer for longer use. The front pouch was rather nicely sized and fit my package well, and the thong back was a nice width, ensuring comfortable use. I overall really liked this thong.

Fit: 4/5
Look: 5/5
Comfort: 4/5
Quality 5/5

HOM Freddy G-String
Compared to the Plumes G-String, this one has a relatively more conservative thong-look, although the back strap converges into a string towards the bottom. This thong is made with the same silky smooth material as the above, which I thought is very nice. I liked the look of this thong as well, although I found the pouch to be a bit tight on the package, and the string to the rather short, giving it a rather chafing feel on the back. The build of the thong is relatively nice, although I found that the back string frazzles easily after several uses.

Fit: 3/5
Look: 4.5/5
Comfort: 2.5/5
Quality 3/5

HOM HO1 Thong
I got this thong at a department store during a trip to Taiwan, but it looks like this product is no longer stocked by HOM. This thong looks exactly like a run-of-the-mill thong, made of a cotton material and with a normal thong back. It looks rather nice, if not a bit normal, although like the Freddy G-String I found the pouch to be tight on the package. The material didn't feel very elastic either, so the thong back did start make me feel sore after several hours of use. The quality of the thong is very nice though, evident from excellent stitching and keeping its shape after many uses.

Fit: 4/5
Look: 4.5/5
Comfort: 2.5/5
Quality 5/5

irthonger

Re: HOM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:06:13 PM »
HOM was one of my first but, it was really not good. There are so many companies that have such better stuff now. And yes they have been around for a long time. That is why it was one of my first because there were not a lot of companies making thongs in the early 2000's. And most of them were basically a jockstrap turned into a thong. Sort of old styling from the 70's basically. I am glad there are so many brands that have thongs now.

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 03:56:09 AM »
More great reviews @daptotoman23.

The Freddy g-string is classic - I classify it as a thong in my head but you're right that it's a g string at the back. You've encourage me to try the Plume G-String now.

HOM tend to have compact pouches - it's just their style - both in thongs and briefs. I think it depends how big your package is and how you prefer to arrange your package inside the pouch. I've always found their pouches to be very comfortable.
On skype

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 06:05:42 AM »
Thanks for reading! You're definitely right about HOM's pouch style as a bit compact, though I feel that is less of a problem with their boxer briefs than with their thongs and briefs. I did just return from a long overdue work trip to Hong Kong and discovered that HOM has a Japan/Asia exclusive collection with different patterns and colours along with a traditional bikini style thong, which I thought was very interesting. Didn't end up buying it though.

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 02:17:02 PM »
Yes I've always wondered about the HOM range over there. I did pick up a HOM bikini brief when I was in Tokyo a few years back. It's odd the whole range isn't available in Europe.
On skype

xzate08

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 10:18:43 AM »
HOM is one of my favorite brands, I love their plume micro briefs and strings at the moment.

I first started liking them because of the Freddy String as I purchased them in Japan (I was living there for awhile) which are sadly no longer available anymore so I stocked up on them and have a bunch of unworn ones with me now. The quality was really good and lasted me a year or more of regular wear. (They probably would have lasted longer if I put them in a laundry bag)

Now, these ones from HOM Europe aren't so great as the string tends to fray really, really easily. I didn't have that issue with the Japan version of this string so it's quite disappointing.

While I was obsessed with the Freddy for the longest time, I pretty much ignored the plume line because I found it less than tactile when wearing. I discovered wearing a smaller size made it more comfortable for me and now the plumes are what I generally wear to sleep.