Author Topic: Orlvs Underwear (Chinese brand) + Adannu  (Read 1163 times)

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
Orlvs Underwear (Chinese brand) + Adannu
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:06:17 AM »
ORLVS, ADANNU, MNK, OBSO, BS, and PLAYPUMP
Orlvs is a Chinese brand of underwear that is produced by the same company producing other brands of underwear (at least according to Aliexpress), including Adannu, OBSO, MNK, PLAYPUMP, and 'BS' Underwear (not sure if BS is a deliberate name). Of those, it looks like MNK and PLAYPUMP do not carry men's thongs. I've seen both Orlvs and Adannu branded underwear being sold quite often on various online merchants, in addition to the odd brick-and-mortar shop in Asia, and have been curious to try them. Like many Chinese products, of course, the prices on Aliexpress are absurdly cheap. I got an Orlvs BLACK Thong in white as well as an Adannu modal thong, both of which I'll be reviewing. I'll first start with Orlvs:

I don't want to speak in a pejorative sense, but I think it's quite evident that many Chinese products feature designs copied from other brands. Frankly enough, based on a quick browse of Aliexpress, many Orlvs products are also reminiscent of certain brands like C-IN2:

ORLVS BLACK Thong

However, I must hand it out to them on this Orlvs Black Thong, since I feel this looks like a creative design that I'm not aware has been done by any other brands. It frankly looks unique and great. When looking at the pictures, my biggest worry was about the back strap, which appears to be made with the same material as the waistband. But my fears were alleviated when it became clear how soft and flexible both the elastic band and the strap are. In fact, the material of the thong is simply excellent. The pouch is made with a very soft modal fabric, and the elastic bands are the softest exposed waistbands I've ever felt. As such, I felt that this thong is very comfortable to wear. The pouch was a bit on the small side but fit my package fine enough. The modal is quite elastic, but it doesn't make a very protruding bulge. I did not like that the back strap and the waistband aren't sewn into place, so the strap could move around. Objectively speaking, the build quality did not look especially excellent since there are many lose threads and the stitching isn't the neatest around (but I'm not complaining, given how cheap it is)

Fit: 4/5 (one size up)
Look: 4/5
Comfort: 5/5
Quality: 3/5

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
Re: Orlvs Underwear (Chinese brand) + Adannu
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 03:51:42 AM »
This next section is for Adannu, which looks like a sister brand to Orlvs. Frankly, I don't know what the difference is between the two since many of their items seem quite similar (although Orlvs looks to be noticeably sleeker). However, the Adannu thong I got does look to be different to the Orlvs Black one despite both being made of modal:

Adannu Modal Thong

I've seen this thong quite often, whether on Amazon or in various small stores in Asia selling men's underwear. This thong is apparently made of modal, much like the Orlvs Black one, but this one was noticeably less soft to the touch. The cut/shape of this thong itself looks very standard and is frankly nothing special. The back isn't too wide or too narrow. The waistband isn't too stiff and is relatively elastic, so I have no complaints about that. The pouch is relatively flat, but not so much that it was uncomfortable. However, I do feel that this thong is very supportive and thus is perhaps very appropriate for sports. The quality of it looks apparently better compared to the Orlvs one though since this one had relatively neater stitching. Overall, I think this is an average thong that may be useful as an introduction to thong underwear. It's nothing interesting in terms of design or comfort, but it does the job.

Fit: 4/5 (get one size up from usual)
Look: 3/5
Comfort: 3/5
Quality: 4/5