Author Topic: Recomendations for East Michigan?  (Read 1426 times)

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Recomendations for East Michigan?
« on: May 23, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »
I'll be traveling in a couple weeks to Ann Arbor for work. I'd like to fit in some beach time while I'm there. Can anyone recommend any spots on the east side of the state?

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Recomendations for East Michigan?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 11:41:20 AM »
If your gong to be in Ann Arbor there are a few places somewhat close. All with in 40 minute drive would be Pinckney State Recreation Area (Silver Lake unit), Island Lake State  Recreation Area (Spring Mill Pond). Further out would be Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area. Sterling State Park on Lake Eire in Monroe (not overly thong friendly). There are 3 public pools in Ann Arbor (not sure of their swimwear policy). Send me a PM and I can help out with information about the area.

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 07:25:33 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check out those parks you mentioned. I was wondering about Sterling Beach, but it sounds like not a great spot for me.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 06:21:53 PM »
I just spent the day at Island Lake State Recreation Area. It was easier to count the number of women in standard bikinis than in thongs or very cheeky bikinis. The vast majority of women were wearing thong and extremely cheeky bikinis. I had a group of 8 women set up right in front of me. Every one of them wore a thong. Interestingly I got a couple of giggles and gasps when I walked by wearing my thong. But they were friendly enough and once the initial surprise wore off it was no big deal. Of course I was the only man on the beach wearing a thong or anything other than knee length board shorts. It was a good day enjoying the sand water and sun with two of my friends.

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 07:08:02 AM »
Well that sounds pretty great! You've got me convinced, I'll be hitting that park up tomorrow

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 05:19:20 PM »
If you go out on Monday let us know how it was. I don’t get out on Monday’s due to my 14 hour work day.
Every day is different out there. I hope you have a wonderful day. I wish I could be out there.

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 10:33:04 AM »
I had a really nice visit on Monday. I arrived at about 10:30 in the morning. There weren't many people at the beach at that point, but I wanted to do some hiking anyway. I explored the trails and the Trout lake that was also part of the park for a few hours. When I made it back to the main lake, the beach was more crowded, but mostly with picnicers. There weren't many people in swimsuits at all. There were a few people sunbathing along Trout lake however so I made my way back there. By the time I'd made it back, there were lots of sunbathers scattered around the pond so I picked a spot, sunbathed and swam for a while. I was pretty secluded, but people definitely walked by and saw me. A little ways away from me, an older guy showed up in a speedo and he actually got naked at some point  :o I saw at least a couple women walking the trail back to the parking lot in their bikinis so I decided to make the mile treck back in just my thong. I passed by several people with no issue. All in all, a really relaxing day. I bet on a weekend the main beach would be more fun, but I think I would have been pretty out of place on Monday.

I may try to escape my work thing again this week, are

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 02:25:46 PM »
Thanks for the Monday report.
I was out at the pond today. There were very few people out. I wore a N2N Maverick thong. I was joined by two friends, a woman wearing a hot pink thong bikini and a man wearing a Speedo style suit. We hung out most of the afternoon. At one point we pulled two picnic tables out of the water. In all it was a good day.
Hopefully tomorrow there will be more beach goers and activity. My female friend asked if I would be wearing a skimpy suit again tomorrow. I said of course I will be. She will be happy to see what I wear.