Author Topic: My beachwear experiences  (Read 29705 times)

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
My beachwear experiences
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
As I wrote in my introduction, I have been wearing thongs for a number of years as underwear. This year this summer will be my fourth one of wearing thongs as swimwear as well. I do regret one thing: not finding the courage of wearing thong swimwear earlier than 26. My advice to all who are considering wearing thong swimwear is this: most of the fears that you have can disappear. Your only concern should be staying on the right side of the law (it's not a problem here in Europe, but from what I read it might be something worth checking out in the USA.

Last summer I only wore thong swimsuits, except one occasion in which my gf and me took to the beach another friend of ours. I wore a brazilian back, as I wasn't sure on our friends' reaction and didn't want to put her at unease. Now in hindsight, I can say I should have worn a thong  ;D I also found myself wanting to try slightly skimpier models. I remember the first time I bought a thong swimsuit, I was really convinced that it should be moderate and look like regular briefs from the front. Now I find it normal to consider wearing g-strings on quiet beaches. I also have thong tanlines; I think they're great, the "mark" of a thong wearer.

Here's a list of the swimwear that I currently own.

-1 swim short. Classic model of "short dork shorts". An old swimsuit which nowadays I only use as coverup from the car to the beach.
-2 swimming briefs. One is skimpier than standard, more low rise. I keep these for the occasions in which I can't wear thong swimwear. Haven't used them for two years.  :)
-1 brazilian back swimsuit. Custom made, skimpy low rise front, brazilian back. I had it done in order to have something that qualifies as "almost thong, but not quite" that would act as my most covering swimsuit.
-1 "speedo thong" swimsuit, with drawstring. Looks like a sort of a skimpy speedo from the front. Probably my most moderate proper thong.
-2 thong swimsuits. Skimpier than the one above, thinner sides.
-1 string-side thong swimsuit (the one you can see in my profile picture)
-1 g string swimsuit (as above, but only string back)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 06:07:07 AM by a_lex »

Down under thong

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: My beachwear experiences
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am envious, as in Australia we are much more conservative than in Europe. I remember last time when I hit the beaches in Europe so many women were topless and in thongs. Next time I come I'll be packing my thongs and in the meantime will try and pluck up some courage here. :)

kiyoothong

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »
You have more thong swimsuits than I do. Where did you get your suits?
Also, which part of Italy are you from?

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 11:50:26 PM »

One of my suits is from the famous brand Olaf Benz. Other two were made by a British manufacturer, Halcyon Blue, which now only makes women's swimwear. Their male products have been discontinued. All the rest come from Kriszsartoria, a brand which allows you to have your own custom swimwear and underwear sewn for you. http://www.kriszsartoria.co.uk/
I live in Northeast Italy, on the Adriatic Sea.

jakesmith11

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
omg love the pics !

kiyoothong

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:47:02 AM »

One of my suits is from the famous brand Olaf Benz. Other two were made by a British manufacturer, Halcyon Blue, which now only makes women's swimwear. Their male products have been discontinued. All the rest come from Kriszsartoria, a brand which allows you to have your own custom swimwear and underwear sewn for you. http://www.kriszsartoria.co.uk/
I live in Northeast Italy, on the Adriatic Sea.

I hear that Northern Italy is different from Southern Italy. Like people up North are more friendly and open-minded than people down south. Do you thong on the beach often?

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 02:15:31 AM »
I hear that Northern Italy is different from Southern Italy. Like people up North are more friendly and open-minded than people down south. Do you thong on the beach often?

Well, the stereotype would be like this: South Italians are supposed to be friendlier but more traditionalist, whereas North Italians are supposed to be more reserved but more open minded. A leftover from times in which the South was more "rural" and the North more industrialised.

I always thong when I go to the beach - and during summer I go to the beach as often as my job allows me to, which means twice a week if I'm not on holiday. The only times in which I don't wear a thong are the rare occasions in which I'm with someone I don't want to see me in a thong, like my family. In that case, I'll wear a speedo style brief. But these are rare: I never wore a speedo last summer, for example.

kiyoothong

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 06:57:12 AM »

Well, the stereotype would be like this: South Italians are supposed to be friendlier but more traditionalist, whereas North Italians are supposed to be more reserved but more open minded. A leftover from times in which the South was more "rural" and the North more industrialised.

I always thong when I go to the beach - and during summer I go to the beach as often as my job allows me to, which means twice a week if I'm not on holiday. The only times in which I don't wear a thong are the rare occasions in which I'm with someone I don't want to see me in a thong, like my family. In that case, I'll wear a speedo style brief. But these are rare: I never wore a speedo last summer, for example.

You're lucky to live near the coast, and going to the beach twice a week... that's a lot.

vers2k11

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
the underwater pic is HOT.

Tnline

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 05:12:06 AM »
That brazilian back bikini is a great fit on you

underlvr

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
Wow you look amazing in your pics - I love the look of the string side thong in your profile pic...looks sexy and fits your body well. 
What brands do you usually wear?

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 11:47:12 PM »
I'm "resurrecting" this old thread of mine as I'd like to use this a sort of a beach-thonging diary, and keep reporting here my swimsuit related experiences. I have been away from this forum for a while, yet now I'm back. I'm going to write a couple of lines about my first beach experience of the year.

I thought I was quite conscious of other people seeing me; I know I sometimes tend to look around when I'm on a beach, to see if somebody is looking at me. I don't particularly like this approach of mine and always wish I cared less. But something happened yesterday that made me think I'm less shy than when I started wearing thong swimwear.

As I wrote above, yesterday morning I went to the beach for the first time this year. I was alone and wore a plain black g-string; skimpy, but not teardrop shaped or sheer. I placed myself far from the crowd, on a small pier, since I prefer the quieter aspect of beachgoing. A couple of 60 year old women decided to set up their towels near me, where the pier connects with the land, and ended up asking me whether they were trespassing on private property or not. Long story short, this led to one of those typical chats between neighbouring beachgoers, possibly the longest interaction I had with other strangers while wearing only a skimpy g-string (alone at least; with my gf it's different). There was nothing lewd or exciting going on; what struck me was the spontaneity of this episode. No comments were made about my swimsuit, I made no attempts to hide or cover and so on. When I told my gf  about this, she correctly pointed out that many people don't care for what you're wearing, and what set "tone" of this interaction had probably been the way I acted, being friendly and polite and so on; not what I was (not) wearing. This goes in the same direction of what many fellow thongers here have been reporting for quite some time, of course.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years I'll find myself thonging right in the middle of my hometown's most crowdy beach.

kiyoothong

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 11:32:34 AM »
Well, because of social media and pc culture, people tend to keep their thoughts to themselves. As a society, we're not as vocal as we once were. So, people will not give you shit directly because they don't want to offend you.  They'll probably just bitch and gossip about you.

I was recently on the beach, and I had a pink JS thong on. Even though no one said anything to me, I could hear people whispering and gossiping.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:37:03 AM by kiyoothong »

asianthonger92

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 05:51:25 AM »
I always try to set camp next to a thonger because there'a safety in numbers.
I'm sure there are many female thongers in Hawaii. Next time you go to the beach, you should just set camp next to a thonger.

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 11:56:44 PM »
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
Asianthonger92 is right; it can feel easier if someone else is doing it. I usually don't specifically place my towel near other thongers, but I can totally see the point of the "safety in numbers" thing. My gf and me wear thongs at the beach both when we go to the sea together and when our job commitments force us to go on our own, and for both of us it was always a little more relaxing when we were not the only ones in skimpy swimwear.
That being said, it can become desirable to become "independent" from the presence of other thongers. It felt very liberating for us both, for example. At some point, you'll eventually have to play the game of going to the beach and only bring with you a thong swimsuit: your only choice will be going nude, or wear the thong.