Author Topic: My beachwear experiences  (Read 3538 times)

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: My beachwear experiences
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 11:56:44 PM »
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
Asianthonger92 is right; it can feel easier if someone else is doing it. I usually don't specifically place my towel near other thongers, but I can totally see the point of the "safety in numbers" thing. My gf and me wear thongs at the beach both when we go to the sea together and when our job commitments force us to go on our own, and for both of us it was always a little more relaxing when we were not the only ones in skimpy swimwear.
That being said, it can become desirable to become "independent" from the presence of other thongers. It felt very liberating for us both, for example. At some point, you'll eventually have to play the game of going to the beach and only bring with you a thong swimsuit: your only choice will be going nude, or wear the thong.

underlvr

• Sr. Thonger
  • Thong devotee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 02:53:30 AM »
I always have a beach coverup and agree that its nice to have other thong wearers around.  But usually if i am alone, going to a gay beach is perfect as its sort of expected to have people in minimal swimwear. 
The only thing that scares me back into my coverup (which are just really short running shorts) are families with small kids or a bunch of weirdo dudes on a bachelor party or something

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 11:19:06 PM »
I always have a beach coverup and agree that its nice to have other thong wearers around.  But usually if i am alone, going to a gay beach is perfect as its sort of expected to have people in minimal swimwear. 
The only thing that scares me back into my coverup (which are just really short running shorts) are families with small kids or a bunch of weirdo dudes on a bachelor party or something

I also have a coverup with me, and I wear it from the parking lot to the beach. But I usually take care to choose a pair of shorts that I cannot use as swimwear  ;)
When I go to the beach (both alone and with my gf), I/we tend to arrive early. So even if a family chooses to set up near us, well, that's usually an indicator that my/our attire is not going to be a problem for them. We even ended up becoming acquaintances with a couple of mature ladies who, like us, come to the beach early in order to enjoy some peace and quiet.
There is a sort of a gay beach, underlvr, next to my favourite beach; it's actually a section of a nude beach. But it's quite small, and the cruising action that happens over there isn't exactely something I'm interested in. So, no place where "its sort of expected to have people in minimal swimwear" for me (to use your words). Unfortunately.

Hawaiithonger808

• Newbie Thonger
  • Maxi from Hawaii. Avid thong wearer since 2003!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »

I also have a coverup with me, and I wear it from the parking lot to the beach. But I usually take care to choose a pair of shorts that I cannot use as swimwear  ;)
When I go to the beach (both alone and with my gf), I/we tend to arrive early. So even if a family chooses to set up near us, well, that's usually an indicator that my/our attire is not going to be a problem for them. We even ended up becoming acquaintances with a couple of mature ladies who, like us, come to the beach early in order to enjoy some peace and quiet.
There is a sort of a gay beach, underlvr, next to my favourite beach; it's actually a section of a nude beach. But it's quite small, and the cruising action that happens over there isn't exactely something I'm interested in. So, no place where "its sort of expected to have people in minimal swimwear" for me (to use your words). Unfortunately.

I think that's something I need to do, just don't bring anything but a thong.  I would go as a group, but honestly, there are NO other thong wearers here except girls, and sad to say, except the gf, most women don't seem to like it.  I'll keep on trying.  For now, I've just been working on it in the yard.

asianthonger92

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 07:54:12 AM »
If you cannot find a group, just go early in the morning when there is no people on the beach. And if you want to avoid families, just go to the beach during the week.

Hey man, if I lived in Hawaii, Iíd go to the beach everyday. Youíre living in an area that is ideal for thonging. Make the most of it.

Follow my Instagram @asianthonger92

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 10:04:01 AM »
After I got used to wearing thongs and g-strings, I did not care much where I stayed at the beach. I stayed away from kids, teens and families. Being retired I went during the week and during school holidays, I went to places that were not easily accessed by car. That prevented families with large cooling boxes and other beach gear.

When I lived in Holland, if I had to find a spot near other thongers, I was still looking by now. I don't care how other people are dressed or not dressed at all. I go for my own pleasure. In Europe, only some teens and drunks might have comments about your thongs. In the USA, the situation is more restricted and in some places covered by law. That is unthinkable in Europe. So I was glad to find a spot at Sandy Hook that was very relaxed in the field of skimpy suits.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 12:19:32 AM »

I think that's something I need to do, just don't bring anything but a thong.  I would go as a group, but honestly, there are NO other thong wearers here except girls, and sad to say, except the gf, most women don't seem to like it.  I'll keep on trying.  For now, I've just been working on it in the yard.

As Beachlion said before, if you wait to find a group of thongers, you might end up waiting a long time. My advice is still the same: get to the beach early, so you can set up your space, and only take thong swimwear with you. I hope you'll end up loving it!

Hawaiithonger808

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 03:56:06 PM »
If you cannot find a group, just go early in the morning when there is no people on the beach. And if you want to avoid families, just go to the beach during the week.

Hey man, if I lived in Hawaii, Iíd go to the beach everyday. Youíre living in an area that is ideal for thonging. Make the most of it.

Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the suggestions and support.  I'm going to do it!  Already have my Muscleskins packed and ready to go.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:45:15 PM by Hawaiithonger808 »

asianthonger92

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 05:37:13 AM »
Flaunt it if youíve got it, Hawaiithonger. You have a nice ass.
Follow my Instagram @asianthonger92

Hawaiithonger808

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 11:20:03 AM »
Aww, thanks everyone! So touched to get support from fellow thongers. I'll be out there today in my black muscleskins sport back!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

underlvr

• Sr. Thonger
  • Thong devotee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 02:51:47 AM »
Aww, thanks everyone! So touched to get support from fellow thongers. I'll be out there today in my black muscleskins sport back!

super sexy pics is that last one a sport back or thong?  I canít tell...either way i love the look and go for it!

Hawaiithonger808

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 11:41:58 AM »

super sexy pics is that last one a sport back or thong?  I canít tell...either way i love the look and go for it!
The one previous is a sport, but I do have the regular thong as well, which I love also. I alternate between the two, but honestly I think the thong would have a better tan line.

FLthong

• Newbie Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Today at 08:03:44 AM »
I live in south Florida. It is basically thong weather year round. That being said I rarely see other guys in thongs and I go to the beach a lot.  The two I go to are Sebastian Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Haulover beach. 
Sebastian beach for those who don't know is a predominately a gay beach.  I am actually surprised and the number of what I would consider are ugly swimsuits. Especially in the gay culture. There are equal number of board shorts (blah) and square cuts. If a bikini its usually the wider side style. Rarely a string or posing suit style. Why are guys so afraid of showing their bodies off.  This never stops from wearing a thong. I wear them like any other style of swimwear.  If someone has a problem with it .. its their problem.  Its taken some time for me to get to this point. We all walk a different path.
Haulover Beach in North Miami Beach is clothing optional.   I would say 20% still wear some type of swimwear.  I prefer this beach.  There are usually no kids and occasionally I see another thonger or two.  I walk the entire beach which is 4 or 5 blocks wide in just my thong.  People sometimes ask why I don't go nude. I tell them that  I don't want to lose my tan line also I think something left to the imagination is sexier than being nude.  Yes if I show up and there is another thonger I will set up near him. Often I am the only one in a thong and on my walks along the beach I'm always looking. 
Maybe the thong culture will change and more guys will wear a thong.  We can only hope!! 
follow me on Instagram:  Cruise1beach

Hawaiithonger808

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Today at 03:16:26 PM »
I live in south Florida. It is basically thong weather year round. That being said I rarely see other guys in thongs and I go to the beach a lot.  The two I go to are Sebastian Beach in Fort Lauderdale and Haulover beach. 
Sebastian beach for those who don't know is a predominately a gay beach.  I am actually surprised and the number of what I would consider are ugly swimsuits. Especially in the gay culture. There are equal number of board shorts (blah) and square cuts. If a bikini its usually the wider side style. Rarely a string or posing suit style. Why are guys so afraid of showing their bodies off.  This never stops from wearing a thong. I wear them like any other style of swimwear.  If someone has a problem with it .. its their problem.  Its taken some time for me to get to this point. We all walk a different path.
Haulover Beach in North Miami Beach is clothing optional.   I would say 20% still wear some type of swimwear.  I prefer this beach.  There are usually no kids and occasionally I see another thonger or two.  I walk the entire beach which is 4 or 5 blocks wide in just my thong.  People sometimes ask why I don't go nude. I tell them that  I don't want to lose my tan line also I think something left to the imagination is sexier than being nude.  Yes if I show up and there is another thonger I will set up near him. Often I am the only one in a thong and on my walks along the beach I'm always looking. 
Maybe the thong culture will change and more guys will wear a thong.  We can only hope!!
Thank you for sharing! Agreed, it's an uphill battle to get it socially accepted, but that's part of why I use them as well. Those the scoff and make funny faces are bigots in my honest opinion. I'm all for female rights, freedoms, and equality, but if they can use them, we can too. Simple as that.