Author Topic: Anyone Come across these before?  (Read 4779 times)

Frozenfire

Anyone Come across these before?
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:58 AM »
I remember seeing these at a seaside resort in the UK when I was much younger but never had the courage to buy any as it was on a busy street. Has anyone come across this before or bought any from something like this?

kiyoothong

Re: Anyone Come across these before?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:53:45 AM »
Wow, that's so cool. I know there are many underwear vending machines in Japan, but I think men's thong vending machines are hard to come across.
I once saw a thong vending machine at a strip club. A pair was only $2 so I got like five  thongs. I got my stripper to wear one of the thongs. She took that thong and kept wearing it even after she was done with me.

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »
The closest I know of is a sort of vending machine for swimwear in swimming pools in Germany. In some swimming pools board shorts are not allowed so you can buy a swim slip at the spot. And a check at the Internet shows me that you can buy swimgear in some American hotels and in French swimming pools. But in France, no board shorts in swimming pools for hygienic reasons and they are right. But more countries in Europe like Spain are starting to enforce those rules.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-09-01/no-speedo-then-dont-try-go-swimming-france-seriously
The writer of this article is apparently obsessed and tried to chime in with the American attitude towards freedom and puritan behavior. I saw this 20 years ago in Spanish and French pools at campsites and it made complete sense to me. Because of my partner, I was not in thongs those days but bikini and string bikini types of swimwear. Like this copy from a slide.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:48:04 AM by beachlion »
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

Frozenfire

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 01:22:29 AM »
If I find the time I may try and track one of these down. The only issue is they take £1 coins and in the uk the design has just changed and i get the feeling these machines wont have been converted. Also I always assumed these would have a thong back but I have never seen a picture of the back but I fail to see the point of a pouch without a thong or string back.

Frozenfire

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 08:11:25 AM »
Sorry for the double post but today I managed to not only track down the machine but managed to pluck up the courage to buy one. I'm not sure what i was expecting for a £1 but its the cheapest underwear I have ever tried and didn't match the sign. Oh and they where not even thongs they where backless.

kiyoothong

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
Oh wow, how did you track down the machine? That's a nice pair. It's only a quid so I guess it's not bad.

Frozenfire

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »
I had to pass through the town today and thought I should check to see if its still there and sure enough it was still there in the same place as it had been since the late 90's or possibly longer possibly longer.