Author Topic: Question - thongs for working out and running  (Read 10578 times)

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Question - thongs for working out and running
« on: September 19, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
I'm a straight guy who just started wearing thongs a few months ago after reading online that many other runners wear them under compression shorts and long running tights for extra support and confidence. My boys were hurting all the time and after several visits to the urologist over the past couple of years (didn't help), taking antibiotics to clear inflammation (didn't help), changing from boxer briefs to poco briefs (didn't help), taking epsom salt baths (actually helped but only for a few minutes), etc. I knew I had to try something more drastic.  I took the plunge and starting wearing a thong for a couple of runs under my compression shorts. Wow is all I can say.  My testicle pain was gone in days and I have lost that full, congested feeling I had down there which I was feeling 24 hours a day.  At first I only wore the thongs for running but have learned they are so damn comfortable I am pretty much wearing them 80-90% of the time. Now that I wear them, I understand how they work. Having that string tie under the bottom to the back really does keep everything in place and about as stationary as can be achieved, which is what I needed to resolve my irritation.  Plus, there are many other benefits  ;D ::) to wearing a thong that I learned....

Anyway, my question. Can you experts maybe recommend some brands of athletic style thongs I could look at?  For running the fabric needs to be man-made such as a polyester, spandex, etc.  Basically, the first rule of athletic apparel is avoiding cotton because it retains all the moisture and sweat and has zero wicking properties.  I have tried 3 different brands so far and am looking for something more on the seamfree style but also strong to stand up to the bounce from running.

microstringlvr

Re: Question - thongs for working out and running
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:46:24 AM »
As a thong advocate, I'm happy to hear that your "sore boys" problem has been solved. For athletic thongs, would recommend the following:
1. TM seamless crotch T2M2 thong: really nice thin material and very sexy www.txm.co.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=12390
2. Muscleskins micro thong: customizable crotch depth and thong back https://www.muscleskins.com/micro.html
3. Joe Synder bulge thong: a staple among thongs, but this one has a seam on the crotch https://joe-snyder.us/joe-snyder-bulge-tanga-rainbow

Greg Homme has a torrid thong with a seamless crotch but material is quite sheer and loose so doesn't offer that much support.

- Guy who thongs at the gym

I'm a straight guy who just started wearing thongs a few months ago after reading online that many other runners wear them under compression shorts and long running tights for extra support and confidence. My boys were hurting all the time and after several visits to the urologist over the past couple of years (didn't help), taking antibiotics to clear inflammation (didn't help), changing from boxer briefs to poco briefs (didn't help), taking epsom salt baths (actually helped but only for a few minutes), etc. I knew I had to try something more drastic.  I took the plunge and starting wearing a thong for a couple of runs under my compression shorts. Wow is all I can say.  My testicle pain was gone in days and I have lost that full, congested feeling I had down there which I was feeling 24 hours a day.  At first I only wore the thongs for running but have learned they are so damn comfortable I am pretty much wearing them 80-90% of the time. Now that I wear them, I understand how they work. Having that string tie under the bottom to the back really does keep everything in place and about as stationary as can be achieved, which is what I needed to resolve my irritation.  Plus, there are many other benefits  ;D ::) to wearing a thong that I learned....

Anyway, my question. Can you experts maybe recommend some brands of athletic style thongs I could look at?  For running the fabric needs to be man-made such as a polyester, spandex, etc.  Basically, the first rule of athletic apparel is avoiding cotton because it retains all the moisture and sweat and has zero wicking properties.  I have tried 3 different brands so far and am looking for something more on the seamfree style but also strong to stand up to the bounce from running.

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
My go-to thong not only for everyday wear but especially the gym is the Obviously Anatomax thong. Obviously is currently going through a product refresh and the new thong version has not been released yet but the Anatomax Basics (Black, White, Graphite and Gray) and Downtown (Mint, Flint Blue, Slate and Red Brick) are still readily available direct from Obviously or through many of the online retailers including Amazon where you might save some money. A word about sizing...the pouch is the same size on ALL of the different sizes so the variation comes in the waistband and backside. Depending on your height/weight, you might want to select a small v's medium for example. I am 6-1, 170#, 32" waist, in the Basics I buy small and they fit perfectly in every aspect. Pouch does it's job, and the backside stays low beneath shorts, jeans, etc. The 'Downtown' model fits a little smaller so I wear a medium in that one and the fit is the same as the Basics. The other thing I like about Obviously is that the while the thong style is equal parts controversial and sexy (for the locker room), the underwear themselves are quite masculine, the colors are not too bright, the material is not sheer, and the pouch provides AWESOME natural support without lifting your junk up and making it stick out unnaturally which could raise a few eyebrows even with something over them. I also wear the Obviously jock (only size small though) as an alternative because somehow a jock in the locker room is more socially acceptable than a thong but I've never been a huge fan of the leg straps on a jock because they tend to roll up and that's not good for running as you know.

Another bonus is that they literally disappear under running tights and don't produce an unsightly bulge if you're running in a group.

https://obviously.com.au/discontinued-underwear/style/anatomax/thong.html

On that same note, a few brands to avoid at all cost...
2xist
Jockey
Anything bought in a department store especially in a multi-pack.

aninterestingguy

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
i run about 200 miles/month and always in thongs. i think they're great for running and couldn't imagine using anything else. from my experience if its a comfortable thong to wear generally then it'll be great for a run, though i do tend to prefer a smooth mesh like the Intymen Sport Thong or just generally thing like any of the JOR thongs. Widish straps tend to be best I think.

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
You guys are awesome. I have been at work all day so just now reading. You have given me a lot to read and research. Thank you.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 01:18:27 PM »
Cocksox makes sport thongs and they're made out of a nylon/Lycra blend. Moisture wicking, supportive and they hold up very well. I have some that are 5+ years old and they still look brand new. Most underwear tends to wear out or the stretch slowly gives out. Look for any that have the "snug" pouch and you'll be good. On the higher priced end but well worth the money. They have sales occasionally and they have multipacks. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmallThong

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
I run about 50 or so miles/week during the summer and only wear thongs as underwear but i usually wear shorts (but I'm sure that compression shorts are no different).  I totally agree that you should wear nylon, have a supportive but not crushing pouch, not have too many seams that get in the way/chafe and generally fit well (that latter bit is entirely up to you). 

I like the Muscleskins Poser thong in a regular or narrow pouch, thong back w/ 1/2" sides. 

Otherwise the Joe Snyder bulge thong is great - material is soft and very stretchy.  Cut the tag out and you're set - order your regular size

I also like the Jovana bulge thong as the bulge is not as big as the 3 or 4D lines. 

Happy thonging and running - post what you get and glad your nads are feeling better!

microstringlvr

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
U run 50 MI a week? Impressive, that explains ur hard buns. Show us ur quads too?  :)

I run about 50 or so miles/week during the summer and only wear thongs as underwear but i usually wear shorts (but I'm sure that compression shorts are no different).  I totally agree that you should wear nylon, have a supportive but not crushing pouch, not have too many seams that get in the way/chafe and generally fit well (that latter bit is entirely up to you). 

I like the Muscleskins Poser thong in a regular or narrow pouch, thong back w/ 1/2" sides. 

Otherwise the Joe Snyder bulge thong is great - material is soft and very stretchy.  Cut the tag out and you're set - order your regular size

I also like the Jovana bulge thong as the bulge is not as big as the 3 or 4D lines. 

Happy thonging and running - post what you get and glad your nads are feeling better!

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »
OK so I just got an order in from Amazon. I decided to try out several kinds of thongs to see how they would fit me. Unfortunately, for my purposes and body types looks like I have had a learning opportunity as some of these just aren't my style and don't fit my purpose.  I'm going to post about four replies here with the different ones.

Pardon the tags but I'm leaving those on so hopefully I can return them if I don't like them.

First is the Cover Male Men's CM111 skimpy thong in size L.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DB8MIQM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 08:12:58 AM »
Here is the Cover Male Men's CM103 Thong Turquoise  in Large.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0075LTK2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
And here is my favorite of the four.  The Intymen Sport Thong Navy in size Medium.  Amazing the size differences between brands.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CXYTN4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kiyoothong

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 07:19:21 AM »
Those are some nice thongs. Do you have more?

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:04:25 AM by Ted »

Ted

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 08:23:34 AM »
Here's a g-string I recently bought on Amazon for $7.68 with free shipping. It's a great value. The fabric is very soft but very strong for a g-string.  I love the wider pouch in the front for running as it ensures everything stays in. With the g-string I have the absolute bare minimum coverage on the sides, through my cheeks and in the back. This is the best g-string I have tried so far for what I am looking for. The sizing is a bit different so in this one I had to order the Large (I wear size 33 slim fit pants) and as you can see the fit is just right.  At first this one caused some friction wear in the back above my hole and below my waist where the string draws tight, but if you apply a bit of body glide or other anti-abrasive before working out this is solved.  I like this one so much I just ordered a couple more in different colors. 

JAXU Men's Pouch Bikini Thong Mini Briefs Solid Rope Sexy Gay Underwear Male Rope String Pants

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT05GXH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:28:52 AM by Ted »