Author Topic: Make my own thongs?  (Read 4492 times)

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
Make my own thongs?
« on: January 24, 2019, 09:21:10 AM »
I am tired of buying thongs and not have them fit. I am considering buying a couple machines and start making my own and if it goes well sell them.  Does anyone else make their own. If so do you have any tips or suggestions. 
Thanks
follow me on Instagram:  Cruise1beach

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
Re: Make my own thongs?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »
I make my own g-strings. First of all you should develop the correct pouch form. And if you try to sell them, you have to size up and down the pouch. Also you have to get the strap sizing right. Then you need a good serger and the correct fabric. It take a lot of trial and error to get professional looking products. And beside that, it is difficult to compete with the cheap Chinese sweatshops.
Maybe a sewing class will give you more insight into the possibilities and feasibilities.

This is an example of what I made.

Succes anyway.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:35:26 AM »
cool thanks for the tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 01:00:17 PM »
Good luck!

I know what you mean though, about being dissatisfied with what's available. I have very specific things I look for in terms of cut and style. I haven't gotten to the point that I'd want to make my own! Maybe I'm just lazy, but I also thing a big part of the fun is the shopping for them.

VegasThong702

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »
I’m curious what your style is that is so hard to find. I can find any style, color, or cut online easily. Try Amazon like I do.

And to the other guy who makes his own thongs, those tear drop high waist thongs you make are not very flattering in my opinion.

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
.......  And to the other guy who makes his own thongs, those tear drop high waist thongs you make are not very flattering in my opinion.

But they are very comfy and that is what counts in my book. I wear thongs and strings for my own pleasure, flattering or not.

Maybe the denim fabric is more to your liking.

Or this one.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

marquisdepercin

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:49:45 AM »
Given the availability on Amazon, Ebay, Ali Express and numerous others why go through the aggrevation of attemping to make them.  With the cost so low on these sites, after receiving them if I don't like them for any reason they get given away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VegasThong702

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 06:20:12 AM »
.......  And to the other guy who makes his own thongs, those tear drop high waist thongs you make are not very flattering in my opinion.

But they are very comfy and that is what counts in my book. I wear thongs and strings for my own pleasure, flattering or not.

Maybe the denim fabric is more to your liking.

Or this one.

I like the light blue one. Much better.

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 07:19:22 AM »
Joe Snyder thongs use great material.  For me the pouches are made for a couple peanuts. Their bulge thong is way too small. Even their new thong is a tad small for daily wear. Arroyman thongs are all over the place when it comes to size of pouch. Very inconsistent is the fit. Skinz are nice but they are getting very pricey.  I have probably 100 thongs. In that 100 there are maybe a dozen I would say are my daily wear thongs. I found a great thong on www.roughtradegear.com  nice pouch and straps.  I have most colors from them and will order more

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
Joe Snyder thongs use great material.  For me the pouches are made for a couple peanuts. Their bulge thong is way too small. Even their new thong is a tad small for daily wear. Arroyman thongs are all over the place when it comes to size of pouch. Very inconsistent is the fit. Skinz are nice but they are getting very pricey.  I have probably 100 thongs. In that 100 there are maybe a dozen I would say are my daily wear thongs. I found a great thong on www.roughtradegear.com  nice pouch and straps.  I have most colors from them and will order more
I too at first thought the JS bulge thong had too small of a pouch. But after wearing a few, the fabric is very stretchy. The bulge thong became my favorite style from JS and one of my favorite styles in general. I find their standard thong to be more restrictive than the bulge thongs are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk