Author Topic: Hi from UK/How/When i started wearing thongs  (Read 3691 times)

jackdancer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Hi from UK/How/When i started wearing thongs
« on: December 23, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »

Hi i'm Jack, i just stumbled upon this site the other day looking for new places to buy thongs from online. It seemed intriguing so thought i'd share my story!

I've been wearing thongs most of my life (since i was 10 years old, i'm now 28) mostly down to my occupation as a professional dancer. (Mostly ballet and Jazz)

My route into thong wearing is pretty standard for a dancer really. I started by wearing dance belts (if you are unaware what one is, look it up), and progressed to wearing thongs as normal underwear from there. Dance belts (with thong back) have to be worn from a very young age if you are serious about dancing. I started wearing one at 10 years old, due to the fact they were compulsory attire at the dance school i was auditioning to get into the year after.

I remember at first the dance belt was really uncomfortable and i'd had weeks and weeks if not months of lessons in one and i just couldn't get used to it. I had mentioned this to my mum and we spoke about it one day after class with my dance teacher. My teacher said that it does take a while getting used to but it might help if i wear thongs more regularly on a day to day basis to help me get used to them. I remember being far from overjoyed by this suggestion but my teacher reassured me that i's completely normal for male dancers to wear thongs, as a lot of them end up wearing thongs all the time just because they prefer them, and that her husband, who was also a dancer, wears thongs everyday.

She said that men's thongs were available but they were quite expensive and i may struggle to find ones with sizes so small that fit me well; so suggested women's thongs might be better at first. Again i wasn't enthused about having to wear underwear designed for girls, but i knew i wanted to be a dancer and new i would have to get used to thongs so me and my mum set about buying a few thongs that looked like they could fit and were not so 'feminine looking'. My mum promised that if i got used to these and was sure i wanted to carry on wearing thongs then she would fork out for some men's thongs, saying she was prepared to spend the money to find ones that fit properly on me.

Anyway, this method of wearing thongs daily worked really well, normal thongs were a lot less tight than the dance belt, i got used to them fairly quickly and started to find them pretty comfy.  At first my mum had to make sure i put one on everyday when i came home from school, up to when i went to bed, but after a couple of weeks i had gotten over the fact that they were 'women's' underwear and started to admit to myself that i didn't mind wearing them, and i would come home from school and put one on straight away of my own accord, even sometimes sleeping in one.

After i think a couple of months i told my mum i was fine with wearing thongs now and asked if i could try and find some men's thongs that fit well, and she stuck to her word. I ended up with quite a big collection fairly quickly, having to trial and error to see which styles fit the best. Everytime i found one that was comfy and fit well, my mum would buy 4 more exactly the same for me. i never wore thongs to primary school (just in the evenings afterwards, and at weekends if i wasn't out with friends) but i was in my last year when i started anyway, and as soon as i broke up for the summer 6 months or so later, i started wearing thongs all the time, morning to night, and sometimes to sleep in.

From the age of 11 i attended a vocational dance school, where, as the thong dance belt was compulsory uniform, thongs as daily wear were much more acceptable. Most of the girls wore thongs daily and a large percent of the guys did too. I genuinely think the last time i wore underwear that wasn't a thong was my last day of primary school. Most of my friends outside of school were dancer friends so i didn't mind wearing thongs around them.

Flash forward 17/18 years and i have been a professional dancer for almost 10 years now, i can tell you that as dancers are all pretty vain, we all HATE panty lines. As we spend most are time in tight dancing attire, even when we don't have to wear our dance belts, i'd say most male dancers and pretty much all female dancers are thong wearers. We don't exactly talk about our underwear choices but since i've spent a large proportion of my life in changing rooms with other dancers, a lot of males will change into a thong when they put there dance attire on, and about 50% already have thongs on meaning they were them on a daily basis.

That was a long story, i didn't mean to write so much haha. If anyone has any questions about me or the dancing world i'll be happy to answer

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from UK/How/When i started wearing thongs
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »

Hi i'm Jack, i just stumbled upon this site the other day looking for new places to buy thongs from online. It seemed intriguing so thought i'd share my story!

I've been wearing thongs most of my life (since i was 10 years old, i'm now 28) mostly down to my occupation as a professional dancer. (Mostly ballet and Jazz)

My route into thong wearing is pretty standard for a dancer really. I started by wearing dance belts (if you are unaware what one is, look it up), and progressed to wearing thongs as normal underwear from there. Dance belts (with thong back) have to be worn from a very young age if you are serious about dancing. I started wearing one at 10 years old, due to the fact they were compulsory attire at the dance school i was auditioning to get into the year after.

I remember at first the dance belt was really uncomfortable and i'd had weeks and weeks if not months of lessons in one and i just couldn't get used to it. I had mentioned this to my mum and we spoke about it one day after class with my dance teacher. My teacher said that it does take a while getting used to but it might help if i wear thongs more regularly on a day to day basis to help me get used to them. I remember being far from overjoyed by this suggestion but my teacher reassured me that i's completely normal for male dancers to wear thongs, as a lot of them end up wearing thongs all the time just because they prefer them, and that her husband, who was also a dancer, wears thongs everyday.

She said that men's thongs were available but they were quite expensive and i may struggle to find ones with sizes so small that fit me well; so suggested women's thongs might be better at first. Again i wasn't enthused about having to wear underwear designed for girls, but i knew i wanted to be a dancer and new i would have to get used to thongs so me and my mum set about buying a few thongs that looked like they could fit and were not so 'feminine looking'. My mum promised that if i got used to these and was sure i wanted to carry on wearing thongs then she would fork out for some men's thongs, saying she was prepared to spend the money to find ones that fit properly on me.

Anyway, this method of wearing thongs daily worked really well, normal thongs were a lot less tight than the dance belt, i got used to them fairly quickly and started to find them pretty comfy.  At first my mum had to make sure i put one on everyday when i came home from school, up to when i went to bed, but after a couple of weeks i had gotten over the fact that they were 'women's' underwear and started to admit to myself that i didn't mind wearing them, and i would come home from school and put one on straight away of my own accord, even sometimes sleeping in one.

After i think a couple of months i told my mum i was fine with wearing thongs now and asked if i could try and find some men's thongs that fit well, and she stuck to her word. I ended up with quite a big collection fairly quickly, having to trial and error to see which styles fit the best. Everytime i found one that was comfy and fit well, my mum would buy 4 more exactly the same for me. i never wore thongs to primary school (just in the evenings afterwards, and at weekends if i wasn't out with friends) but i was in my last year when i started anyway, and as soon as i broke up for the summer 6 months or so later, i started wearing thongs all the time, morning to night, and sometimes to sleep in.

From the age of 11 i attended a vocational dance school, where, as the thong dance belt was compulsory uniform, thongs as daily wear were much more acceptable. Most of the girls wore thongs daily and a large percent of the guys did too. I genuinely think the last time i wore underwear that wasn't a thong was my last day of primary school. Most of my friends outside of school were dancer friends so i didn't mind wearing thongs around them.

Flash forward 17/18 years and i have been a professional dancer for almost 10 years now, i can tell you that as dancers are all pretty vain, we all HATE panty lines. As we spend most are time in tight dancing attire, even when we don't have to wear our dance belts, i'd say most male dancers and pretty much all female dancers are thong wearers. We don't exactly talk about our underwear choices but since i've spent a large proportion of my life in changing rooms with other dancers, a lot of males will change into a thong when they put there dance attire on, and about 50% already have thongs on meaning they were them on a daily basis.

That was a long story, i didn't mean to write so much haha. If anyone has any questions about me or the dancing world i'll be happy to answer
Welcome and great story! I wish I had started that early. I think I was around 13 when I found some sexy underwear in my dad’s drawer that my mom had bought him. I remember there was a pair of pale blue bikini briefs, some black bikinis with a fishnet back and a satin animal print bikini. I kind of slowly stole them from my dad’s drawer and I don’t know if my parents put 2 and 2 together. They probably did! That got me into smaller skimpy underwear, which turned me onto thongs when I was around 15. I ordered my first pairs from International Male/Undergear and bought some from Jockey when I was 16. I’ve been wearing them often since and the past several years that’s all I wear. In between, I wouldn’t wear anything bigger than a bikini, which then went to a string bikini and now only thongs and g-strings. They’re the best IMO! I’m now 38 and thinking back, I’ve worn them as my primary underwear for over half my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ioannis

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
its one of the nicest stories i have ever read !!! its amazing that your mother helped you and encouraged you in a so nice way ! congratulations to her !!...and to be honest, your post confirmed what i always believed : that someone who use a thong (like a dance belt) for his work, its impossible not to use a thong as his daily underwear choice!!
and something more, i enjoyed very much the part where you said that you felt soo comfortable wearing your thong in public, when you were with another dancers...is soo cute to feel moments of freedom , without worry about maletails and all this....
we are here to read another stories from you !!

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37:38 AM »
Great story! I always feel quite envious of people, like you, who started wearing thongs so "early". I started when I was a young adult. My parents never liked thongs on males; I wish I would have had a supportive mother like you!

underlvr

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:32:04 AM »

Great story and thanks for sharing.  I wish that i started that early.  I’m in my mid-20s now and someone i dated only 2-3yrs back got me into them.  He said i should try a thong sometime, got me 5 from Joe Snyder and I was hooked after he showed SO much attention every time i wore them.  Now i have 30 or so!

jackdancer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »
its one of the nicest stories i have ever read !!! its amazing that your mother helped you and encouraged you in a so nice way ! congratulations to her !!...and to be honest, your post confirmed what i always believed : that someone who use a thong (like a dance belt) for his work, its impossible not to use a thong as his daily underwear choice!!
and something more, i enjoyed very much the part where you said that you felt soo comfortable wearing your thong in public, when you were with another dancers...is soo cute to feel moments of freedom , without worry about maletails and all this....
we are here to read another stories from you !!

Thanks! yeah my mother knew how much i wanted to be a dancer so was always very supportive of anything that would help me achieve my goal!

yeah it's great being in the dance industry. It's a very liberal community were thongs are pretty much the norm, so i've never really experienced any embarassment, or shyness about my underwear choice. If only the rest of the world were as open as dancers are!

I also agree it's impossible not to have thongs as a daily underwear choice once you get used to them. i remember when i first starting wearing them when i was younger, it took me a while to get over the fact i was wearing 'not normal' underwear, but once i got over it, i allowed myself to admit that thongs are actually really comfy and have so many advantages over any other kind of underwear.

p.s sorry for the late reply, i've been very busy with work, but i find this forum interesting, i'm going to try and start using it more.