Author Topic: Hello, Just how I got started  (Read 5304 times)

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Hello, Just how I got started
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:07:04 PM »
Straight married guy here. I've always worn more bikini type underwear, nothing exotic, just your average 5 pack Jockeys you can find at Walmart. I always wanted to try out a thong, but didn't really have the guts.

Recently when packing for a trip my wife realized I only had like 5 pairs of underwear. That wasn't going to cut it for an 8 day trip (not about to do laundry on vacation). She helpfully went to the store to buy me some more underwear. Unfortunately, she bought some of the largest briefs that could be sold. Not kidding I think they went up to my belly button.

Those were okay for the trip, and for a couple of months after, but eventually I had enough. I needed new underwear.  My plan was to simply find old fashion Jockeys on Amazon and order them up. Little did I know while browsing all the different options available! My wife happened to "catch" my browsing when I pointed out a MuscleMate Thong. I said, "I could try out one of these too" and she was sheepishly up for it. Even picked out the first color (yellow ;-) When they finally arrived (thanks Amazon Prime) I put them on right away. We had a few things to do that day, but in the evening she gave my backside a little pat and realized what I had been wearing. She wanted to check them out, and lets just say it led to a little fun.

I call those my gateway thong, since since then I've bought a three pack of some IKingsky thongs, 5 pack Braziians backs and er, joined a thong forum!

I'm trying to slow down my purchasing for now, I don't want to overwhelm the poor wife. She's adjusting to my "coming out" as much as I am. Either way, 2019 is a banner year for me.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, Just how I got started
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 01:34:24 AM »
Straight married guy here. I've always worn more bikini type underwear, nothing exotic, just your average 5 pack Jockeys you can find at Walmart. I always wanted to try out a thong, but didn't really have the guts.

Recently when packing for a trip my wife realized I only had like 5 pairs of underwear. That wasn't going to cut it for an 8 day trip (not about to do laundry on vacation). She helpfully went to the store to buy me some more underwear. Unfortunately, she bought some of the largest briefs that could be sold. Not kidding I think they went up to my belly button.

Those were okay for the trip, and for a couple of months after, but eventually I had enough. I needed new underwear.  My plan was to simply find old fashion Jockeys on Amazon and order them up. Little did I know while browsing all the different options available! My wife happened to "catch" my browsing when I pointed out a MuscleMate Thong. I said, "I could try out one of these too" and she was sheepishly up for it. Even picked out the first color (yellow ;-) When they finally arrived (thanks Amazon Prime) I put them on right away. We had a few things to do that day, but in the evening she gave my backside a little pat and realized what I had been wearing. She wanted to check them out, and lets just say it led to a little fun.

I call those my gateway thong, since since then I've bought a three pack of some IKingsky thongs, 5 pack Braziians backs and er, joined a thong forum!

I'm trying to slow down my purchasing for now, I don't want to overwhelm the poor wife. She's adjusting to my "coming out" as much as I am. Either way, 2019 is a banner year for me.
Congrats and welcome!! Once you find the exhilaration and comfort of thongs, it quickly manifests into wanting more and more. It’s exciting when you first convert. I can still remember my first time, somewhat vaguely. (I was 15 and just turned 38 so it was some time ago, haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:59:01 AM »
It’s still pretty exciting for me. Every morning deciding what to wear. Considering what brand/style I should buy next. Heck, I’m sitting here at work just enjoying the fact that I’m wearing a thong. I imagine that excitement wears off eventually.  Has anyone find that after a few months or years, that it just becomes no-big-deal?

TxThong

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 07:36:52 AM »
You should give wearing a thong swimsuit at the beach a try.  I think you will never want to wear anything more. 

I am straight. Another guy in a thong doesn’t bother me nor does it give me a thrill but  I appreciate not being the only man in a thong.   I love the freedom of wearing next to nothing at the beach and I imagine they feel the same way.

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 10:10:20 AM »
Back in my younger days I found myself on a clothing optional beach. It was just my wife and I on vacation. I didn’t have thongs  back then, but I do regret not giving nude beach going a try, just for the experience.

In all honestly it would just be for the story. I don’t have much of a nudist desire.

Nowadays though, I wouldn’t mind giving the thong swimsuit a try. In reality I don’t think I have it in me. Not yet at least. The fact that any time I’m at the beach it’ll be with my family also makes it less likely. I don’t want them (outside of my wife) knowing my little secret.

VegasThong702

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 10:11:53 AM »

Love hearing there are other straight dudes out there that enjoy thongs as much as I do.  I want to beach thong it very badly. I’m a huge exhibitionist but only on here and Instagram. I’m too afraid of the negative reaction I’d get from others.  And with a child I could never subject him to that.

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »
Yea, it’s pretty great to hear about other straight guys enjoying thongs. With such a stigma out there it’s nice to know I’m not alone.

I agree with that last bit. Last thing kids should be thinking about is there fathers skimpy attire.
The idea of releasing my inner exhibitionist is tempting. But I don’t think I have it in me to post anything on here though.

underlvr

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »

Love hearing there are other straight dudes out there that enjoy thongs as much as I do.  I want to beach thong it very badly. I’m a huge exhibitionist but only on here and Instagram. I’m too afraid of the negative reaction I’d get from others.  And with a child I could never subject him to that.

Not straight but i do just really appreciate that people in general can be open minded about what to wear and not all caught up in stigmas.  Personally, i would like to just see more people out there comfortable in their own skin doing what they want.  If that’s wearing a thong as underwear or to the beach or pool, then so be it!  Some guys i’ve Dated have given me strange looks when they find out that I wear small underwear.  I think i look great but there are/will always be people so see thongs in a certain light. 

TxThong

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 09:24:45 AM »
I would never have thought gay men would have a negative reaction to other men in thongs.  When I lived in Florida, I often went to the “gay beach”areas because i didn’t encounter negative reaction, offend modest beachwear crowd, and were more likely to be around others in bikinis or thongs.
So I guess I am guilty of erroneous stereotyping.

underlvr

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 05:17:33 AM »
I would never have thought gay men would have a negative reaction to other men in thongs.  When I lived in Florida, I often went to the “gay beach”areas because i didn’t encounter negative reaction, offend modest beachwear crowd, and were more likely to be around others in bikinis or thongs.
So I guess I am guilty of erroneous stereotyping.

Yeah you’d think you’d be in safe territory amongst other gay guys...but they can be brutal with the body shaming and comments.  I guess its like everyone out there...there are all types. I’ve had the most pleasant chats with women about my and their thongs...think they actually enjoyed talking to a guy about them for a change

thong24

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 02:37:38 PM »

Nice! You should challenge yourself to wear a thong everyday. Going 100% thong, and throwing away all my other underwear was the best decision ever. It’s only been 2/3 years for me but I now wouldn’t dream of wearing anything else
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:30:07 PM by ManThong »

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 06:05:51 PM »
Nice! You should challenge yourself to wear a thong everyday. Going 100% thong, and throwing away all my other underwear was the best decision ever. It’s only been 2/3 years for me but I now wouldn’t dream of wearing anything else
Pretty interesting that you bring up challenging myself to wear a thong every day. I had just thought something along those lines. With today being Sunday, I was planning on giving a full week a try. The only problem is that I only own 4 thongs, so far. So depending on how the laundry situation goes, we'll see.

I'm not sure I'll ever go 100% though. I do have some brazillian back bikinis that I enjoy. I mean with enough movement there's a good chance they end up looking like a thong anyway ;)

marquisdepercin

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
Yea for you and your wife!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TxThong

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 06:00:38 AM »
Not exactly a challenge since it is pleasurable but last summer I wore just a thong for a day.  I have the advantage of living in the country so didn’t have to worry about offending the neighbors.  Mowing and gardening in a thong was addictive and became a habit.  I am so looking forward to warmer weather.