Author Topic: Manstore & Olaf Benz  (Read 7374 times)

underlvr

Manstore & Olaf Benz
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
Question for you guys on the 2 German brands.  I’ve never tried either, they appear to be a bit similar...does anyone have experience with them?  I’m looking at material and cut.  I typically wear bulge thongs like Joe Snyder...and love them, but want to try others and Manstore and Olaf Benz looked really fun.

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
Re: Manstore & Olaf Benz
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:30:32 AM »
I have one Olaf Benz mini string thong and the cut is true to size but slim. it's a great product, perfect fit, material, etc. You could safely size-up one size to get a little more wiggle room as needed.

underlvr

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
I have one Olaf Benz mini string thong and the cut is true to size but slim. it's a great product, perfect fit, material, etc. You could safely size-up one size to get a little more wiggle room as needed.

Nice - which one is it?

Casper

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 09:21:53 AM »
No experience with Manstore but I have a few Olaf Benz mini strings and a string tanga style. I think the mini strings are all mostly the same cut with the variation between series coming in the fabrics.

On the mini strings I find the sizing fine and the materials are great - just what you'd expect from a premium priced brand. I don't wear then terribly frequently because I would like a little more space in the pouch. For me they are a bit too flat fronted if you prefer to point down. That makes the Ergowear x3D my preferred everyday thong.

The string tanga is a totally different story. (I think it was style RED 1766) I've only seen it come out once but I'm looking for a new series. I like a t-back thong with a decent flexible waistband. These were super stretchy and therefore give you as much room as you need without needing to size up. I only regret more buying more - but at the price they weren't really a option to get multiple pairs.

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:34:58 AM »
They're from the same stable. Manstore tends to have the more flamboyant materials and designs of the two but they are both definitely fun! I even enjoy wearing the Manstore cheeky style briefs they do. Quality wise I think they are worth the extra premium you pay for them. I've owned a purple velvet Tower String for well over 6 years and the colour is as vibrant as when I first bought it and it hasn't lost its elasticity either. I can't say the same sadly for one of my staple Bruno Banani thongs, which I wore weekly, and bought around the same time.

They tend to be on the more generous side of things size wise these days. Styles like the Manstore M601 Rainbow String or M103 Tower String are ideal for just about everything.

I've bought a number of Olaf Benz thongs the last 2 years. I agree with Casper that I think the 'mini strings' are mostly the same cut of thong but there is a difference between the fabrics they use. They are great for wearing to work under trousers or under jeans. My most recent style, which I love, is the 1804 String Tanga. https://www.deadgoodundies.com/olaf-benz-red-1804-string-tanga
It's definitely more one for play.

underlvr

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:24:19 PM »
They're from the same stable. Manstore tends to have the more flamboyant materials and designs of the two but they are both definitely fun! I even enjoy wearing the Manstore cheeky style briefs they do. Quality wise I think they are worth the extra premium you pay for them. I've owned a purple velvet Tower String for well over 6 years and the colour is as vibrant as when I first bought it and it hasn't lost its elasticity either. I can't say the same sadly for one of my staple Bruno Banani thongs, which I wore weekly, and bought around the same time.

They tend to be on the more generous side of things size wise these days. Styles like the Manstore M601 Rainbow String or M103 Tower String are ideal for just about everything.

I've bought a number of Olaf Benz thongs the last 2 years. I agree with Casper that I think the 'mini strings' are mostly the same cut of thong but there is a difference between the fabrics they use. They are great for wearing to work under trousers or under jeans. My most recent style, which I love, is the 1804 String Tanga. https://www.deadgoodundies.com/olaf-benz-red-1804-string-tanga

Great feedback guys, thank you!  I really like that OB red string tanga that you linked above...that looks like so much fun.

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 11:39:32 AM »

Great feedback guys, thank you!  I really like that OB red string tanga that you linked above...that looks like so much fun.

It is! I agree with everything said in the description that the site gave to it. I've got one in red and one in black. I said 'it's definitely more for play' but others could probably wear them to work. I just find the feel too sensual for work!  ;)

underlvr

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 04:05:04 AM »

It is! I agree with everything said in the description that the site gave to it. I've got one in red and one in black. I said 'it's definitely more for play' but others could probably wear them to work. I just find the feel too sensual for work!  ;)

Fair point - i would have a tough time concentrating with something that sexy on...

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »

Nice - which one is it?

Model #1809 Olaf Benz Mini String. Bought them at deadgoodundies.com

underlvr

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:23 AM »

Nice - which one is it?

Model #1809 Olaf Benz Mini String. Bought them at deadgoodundies.com

Oh nice...love the 1809.  Send a post once you get it!

JohnG

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 04:17:09 AM »
I have many thongs from Manstore and one from OlafBenz. Great quality, soft fabric and very nice fit.

underlvr

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
I have many thongs from Manstore and one from OlafBenz. Great quality, soft fabric and very nice fit.

That’s great - how is the fit, any other brands where you can compare fit/feel?

JohnG

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 08:24:25 AM »
The fit is great and really this. I cannot compare with other brands. The fabric is spandex like and feels very smooth.

underlvr

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 12:12:32 PM »
The fit is great and really this. I cannot compare with other brands. The fabric is spandex like and feels very smooth.

OK perfect thanks!  The sizing is pretty normal or do you size up or down?

JohnG

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
 Underlvr, the sizing is normal, no up or downsizing required.