Poll

What are you in to?

Thongs only
Thongs & Jocks
Jocks only
Other

Author Topic: Thongs vs. Jocks  (Read 8772 times)

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Thongs vs. Jocks
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
I notice many sites seem to want to combine their thong and jock products under one category. I don’t see the two being related at all!  Could be because I’ve never had any interest in jocks. Nothing against guys who want jocks, they’re just not for me.

So irritating when I see a thong I’m interested in and click the back view and Bam! Jock straps. Do folks here dabble in jocks too?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:04:04 PM by billyboyd1201 »

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Thongs vs. Jocks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
Figured I’d add a poll, cause why not? People like polls.

TxThong

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:50:11 AM »
I chose other.  I agree with you that jocks have no appeal for me.  I prefer thongs, g-strings, or what I refer to as microwear; moderate pushout pouch with half back or less. 

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:34:46 AM »
I do like the micro wear as you call it. The half backs are pretty fun and still sexy that I enjoy them through the day.

Even though I’m not into g-strings I can see it making sense to classify them with thongs. Though I’ll afmit to never trying them, just not into the look.

underlvr

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
I wear thongs for all of my small underwear - i have one jock that never gets used. 

TxThong

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »
G-string have pros and cons and for me the cons outweigh the pros, that is why I only own one.
On the pro side I like the very narrow string and next to no rear coverage.
The con is the narrow strings don’t offer much support so the pouch tend to be larger than I like and not form fitting.

underlvr

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 10:42:04 AM »
G-string have pros and cons and for me the cons outweigh the pros, that is why I only own one.
On the pro side I like the very narrow string and next to no rear coverage.
The con is the narrow strings don’t offer much support so the pouch tend to be larger than I like and not form fitting.

My sentiment exactly...support in g-strings is terrible.  I tried a JS g...not good

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 04:55:05 AM »
I'm in a minority of 1 at the moment haha!

I like jock straps but thongs are definitely my favourite. At present I own two jockstraps and I was going to buy another when I had one of my shopping sprees recently but decided to invest in a Joe Snyder wet look bikini instead.
I tend to wear the jocks when I do my leg days at the gym.

As for g-strings I seem to have been quite lucky on the whole. I agree though that the JS Hilo ones are not that good for support or comfort: you can't have a one size fits all for a g-string in my opinion and they're just not really anywhere near the quality of their other underwear.

I've got a number of Gregg Homme Showoff strings in various colours: http://www.internationaljock.com/gregg-homme-showoff-string-purple,48308.html

I've recently discovered L'Homme Invisible and their Striptease g-strings are pretty good in my opinion - https://www.lhommeinvisible.com/boutique/en/22-thongs

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:01:59 AM by jdstring »

Briefsdave

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »
Really prefer Thongs over Jocks. 
To be honest I love the soft feel of material either on & up my arse. So it will always be either bikini briefs or thongs for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

underlvr

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
To be honest I love the soft feel of material either on & up my arse. So it will always be either bikini briefs or thongs for me

Agree with that statement - its the string in the back that i really like.  I know that’s what non-thong wearers hate about thongs, having the string up the back...but i really like it.

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »

Agree with that statement - its the string in the back that i really like.  I know that’s what non-thong wearers hate about thongs, having the string up the back...but i really like it.

I do as well. If anything hearing others say, "I don't know how anyone can stand the feeling of something up their ass like that all day" made me want to try wearing them even more. It turned out I love that feeling! I expect most who wear thongs all or most of the time do.

underlvr

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 04:02:51 AM »

I do as well. If anything hearing others say, "I don't know how anyone can stand the feeling of something up their ass like that all day" made me want to try wearing them even more. It turned out I love that feeling! I expect most who wear thongs all or most of the time do.

Yeah - it did take some getting used to but even right up front (and perhaps being a ‘bottom’) i liked everything about wearing a thong.  What i do find sometimes, still, is that sitting in a thong and having to concentrate can be tough sometimes as you CAN feel it and i can’t help but to get even a bit turned on...

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 07:45:22 AM »
This is why I’m often surprised when people mention that thongs are so comfortable because you feel like you’re wearing nothing at all. I’ve seen them described that way in reviews and probably on this board in spots. In reality I never feel like I have nothing on at all, and that’s ok.

I  just assume I haven’t found any of those mystical super thongs..Though  I don’t really have much variety (yet) and I’m unwilling to pay much more than $10 per pair (and that’s even a bit high). Maybe someday I’ll find the kind that you don’t feel, not sure I want them.

Briefsdave

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »

Yeah - it did take some getting used to but even right up front (and perhaps being a ‘bottom’) i liked everything about wearing a thong.  What i do find sometimes, still, is that sitting in a thong and having to concentrate can be tough sometimes as you CAN feel it and i can’t help but to get even a bit turned on...
Me as well Underlvr'. Not only do they look sexy, but they feel sexy.....for me anyway

asianthonger92

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:26 PM »
I've been wearing thongs for 15 years, and I just don't feel the strap between my cheeks. I know there's something between my cheeks, but I just don't think about it and I get on with my life. I guess I have my own know-how now, and I try to wear thongs that are slightly loose. I don't like that tight feeling, and I don't want the strap to cut deep into my crack. I know some guys are into that, but that's not for me, and it is for that reason that I avoid g-strings.