Author Topic: Costa Rica  (Read 4987 times)

TxThong

Costa Rica
« on: February 07, 2019, 06:47:35 AM »
Last Spring my wife and I spent a week in Tamarindo.  We stayed at a wonderful boutique hotel on the outskirts of town.  Hotel was beachfront and had a great lagoon pool surrounded by beautiful landscaping.
Testing the local fashions, Day one I wore square cut briefs, day two I wore Daniel Alexander bikini, day three BeachnDance micro (pushout pouch, 1/2 sides, narrow 4 inch rear). This became my everyday suit.  (At the beach I prefer thong or nothing).

No negative reactions although my wife noticed several women watching.  I did overhear one discussion about attitudes towards men in bikinis.  No one else at the hotel, wore suits as small as mine.  I felt a thong would have pushed things to far.  Costa Rica is a conservative culture.

Here is what I found odd.  On the beach the tourist and especially the Costa Rican women all wore cheeky bikinis, some thongs.  But all the men, tourist and locals, wore baggies (dork shorts if you prefer).I was the only man on the beach in brief swimwear.  I assume this is a cultural reflection of women as objects of beauty.  No complaints, my wife wore cheeky suit too but it made me a bit self conscious.
Anyone else been to CR and are there any beaches or hotels where thongs are common?

Thongs4All

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:07:59 AM »
My friend hosted a yoga/retreat on Costa Rica and said where what you want. I was in a thong the whole week and loved yoga in just a thong. There were 10 of us and no worries at all

Hellboy

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 12:18:30 AM »
I am from Costa Rica. As noted above, we have a very conservative culture (prude and full of double standards). That´s why I only dared to wear a thong at public places in México (they really don´t mind one bit).
However, I started doing it recently here, because I found out ridiculous to live surrounded by beautiful beaches and not being able to enjoy them as I want.
I did it first at Jacó and more recently in Tamarindo (shown pics). Those two are some of the most crowded, and family oriented. Surprisingly, it was just as if I was wearing dork shorts. I still tried to be at a quiet spot, and as always, taking off the shorts is the hard part, but there was not a single comment, or weird stare during my stay. Everyone was minding their own bussiness and I now have a great time at beaches in Costa Rica.
I had two friends from Mexico that didn´t had such a good experience about thonging here (at Manuel Antonio), so that made me nervous as well, but they are very flamboyant about their thonging, so the did catched a lot of attention.

Hellboy

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »
Last Spring my wife and I spent a week in Tamarindo.  We stayed at a wonderful boutique hotel on the outskirts of town.  Hotel was beachfront and had a great lagoon pool surrounded by beautiful landscaping.
Testing the local fashions, Day one I wore square cut briefs, day two I wore Daniel Alexander bikini, day three BeachnDance micro (pushout pouch, 1/2 sides, narrow 4 inch rear). This became my everyday suit.  (At the beach I prefer thong or nothing).

No negative reactions although my wife noticed several women watching.  I did overhear one discussion about attitudes towards men in bikinis.  No one else at the hotel, wore suits as small as mine.  I felt a thong would have pushed things to far.  Costa Rica is a conservative culture.

Here is what I found odd.  On the beach the tourist and especially the Costa Rican women all wore cheeky bikinis, some thongs.  But all the men, tourist and locals, wore baggies (dork shorts if you prefer).I was the only man on the beach in brief swimwear.  I assume this is a cultural reflection of women as objects of beauty.  No complaints, my wife wore cheeky suit too but it made me a bit self conscious.
Anyone else been to CR and are there any beaches or hotels where thongs are common?

Thongs are not common in any beach or hotel in Costa Rica. Even speedos are rare. Maybe in the gay area of Manuel Antonio you might find another thonger if lucky, and it would still be rare.