Author Topic: Uncomfortable thong  (Read 7067 times)

ThongAdvocate

Uncomfortable thong
« on: March 30, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
Has anyone ever purchased a thong with great anticipation, only to get it and find it to not be very comfortable?  I had purchased some silk thongs, but they were not very flexible and the backstrap was too wide.

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
Re: Uncomfortable thong
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 07:50:30 AM »
I have a drawer full of uncomfortable or ill-fitting thongs. So much so that I have considered buying a couple sewing machines and learning how to sew them myself. 
My biggest complaint is that the pouch is usually too small. JS thongs often fall into this category. 
follow me on Instagram:  Cruise1beach

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »
On one of my first visits to the USA, I bought two 3-packs of Joe Boxer thongs at Kmart. A big mistake. They fit well but had about double the fabric I was used to. They are in my drawer as a back-up to my back-up thongs. ;)
In the 80s I bought some thongs and strings that were really uncomfortable. Coarse fabric, strap too tight or the pouch not formed correctly. Luckily the forms and fabrics have improved over the years.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

aninterestingguy

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 01:42:06 AM »
Too often the pouch is tiny

underlvr

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 03:01:07 AM »
Yup, have had this problem.  There are several issues:  material not what i expect, poor fitting pouch, back strap too narrow/wide, thickness of material not to my liking etc...

Now most of the issues are usually down to the buyer - i admit that my not liking the 2xist y-backs due to the strange pouch shape and too-thick material, or the Cocksox thong with a really big back and strap and pouch too torpedo-like, or cover male material though snug like a Joe Snyder had no stretch etc...

Most of the time i find a place in my rotation.  Some thongs are meant for short term wear (dates!), others for daily...

a_lex

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 03:10:06 AM »
If I find a thong uncomfortable, it's usually because of the thickness and quality of the seams in the strap. I'm quite sensitive in the perianal area, so the wrong type of thread or seam can eventually result in a feeling of "discomfort" for me, especially with prolonged wear. That's why I tend to categorise my thongs and g-strings in "short term" and "daily" types, as Underlvr mentioned.

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
The first one I ever bought fits the bill. I bought a Hom Fredy in a size 32 waist and it was pretty uncomfortable! Lesson learned - upsize when buying thongs.

I'm not a fan of Joe Snyder hilo strings either.

underlvr

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »
The first one I ever bought fits the bill. I bought a Hom Fredy in a size 32 waist and it was pretty uncomfortable! Lesson learned - upsize when buying thongs.

I'm not a fan of Joe Snyder hilo strings either.

I hear you.  I do love Joe Snyder thongs and my first ever was a HOM Fredy but luckily the guy selling it to me suggested i size up.  It was a lot of fun to wear with the string back that looked like a thong from the top.

Brizzure

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »
I would say, 1 out of 4 would not be up to my expectation.
Not saying that they are not good, I would still wear some of them.
But what to do with those that are the wrong size, thickness, fabric?
For now, I'm pilling them up until solution is found.

thongflex

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »
Muscleskins for the win. Pretty much all I wear.

Glad to see the forum is back up and running!

underlvr

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 06:52:50 AM »

Also agree on Muscleskins - great fit and you can customize just about every aspect of the thong experience....and their help desk is great. 

Also congrats to Thongflex on your ‘69th’ post..hehe

thongflex

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »

Also agree on Muscleskins - great fit and you can customize just about every aspect of the thong experience....and their help desk is great. 

Also congrats to Thongflex on your ‘69th’ post..hehe
Lol thanks didn't even realize that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

asianthonger92

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 04:44:19 AM »
I always go one size up- I can wear a L but I always go for XL. I do this because some thongs shrink once they go in the wash.

I’m sure everyone here has their daily comfy thongs and special occasion thongs. My daily thongs are cotton based and they’re roomy in the front

underlvr

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
I always go one size up- I can wear a L but I always go for XL. I do this because some thongs shrink once they go in the wash.

I’m sure everyone here has their daily comfy thongs and special occasion thongs. My daily thongs are cotton based and they’re roomy in the front

Yeah good point.  Every thong has an occasion in my book.  Tight/shiny/kinky for short term wear....but then again my daily wear are joe Snyder bulge thongs that leave very little to the imagination :)

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
I’m guessing I have 40 one-offs that I’ve tried over the years that I only wore once because they were so terrible but I can’t bring myself to throw them away. Then I have some that have a sentimental value to them like the original Jockey Elance thongs from the 90s (yep, still have them) that are not great but I will wear on occasion just because. Then I have my daily go-to brands like Obviously, John Sievers, Cocksox, and N2N. At last count I have about 125 total.