Author Topic: Joe Snyder Polyester Review  (Read 11073 times)

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Joe Snyder Polyester Review
« on: April 06, 2019, 12:08:57 PM »
I just recently got a pair of the new Joe Snyder Polyester thong. I got the JS03 Bulge thong in black, as the bulge thong is my favourite style.

If you’re not familiar with the Joe Snyder range then you need to know that the majority of their thongs (and other underwear) are made of a nylon and spandex blend (80% to 20%). It makes for a very soft and stretchy yet hugging fit, especially for the bulge thong. Nothing wrong with it, it’s actually a really nice material.

I’ve been swimming at a beach in the regular nylon blend and it makes for a very almost naked feel when swimming. I’ve always wondered how long this material would last in the sun, salt water, etc. So when the polyester model came out I had to buy it because that is more of a hard wearing (speedo type) material.

The polyester model swaps out the 80% of nylon with 80% of polyester, so has the same amount of spandex in it. First impressions was that I couldn’t actually tell the difference in material when I first pulled it out of the postage bag. It smelled like a fresh pair of speedos, if you know that smell. I had to go get my pair of regular nylon blend to compare it when. It’s definitely less shiny/glossy and feels most sturdy and slightly more course. It was actually exactly what I was expecting.

Next the fit. No surprises here, it fits just like the regular nylon bulge thong. It holds my parts snug and outwards. The material definitely has less give (stretchiness) so feels more secure and tight. I usually wear the thong around my hip bones and it felt tighter and more secure than the nylon pair, which I liked.

All in all, it’s the same great fit and cut, in a sturdier material. It has slightly less give than the nylon, but also feels like a material that is more suited for swimming in, and could last the elements more than the nylon material. As an everyday wear I’m not sure, I would say I would prefer the nylon blend because it’s softer. After a whole day in the polyester model, it was fine but I think the nylon pair edged it out. This is definitely something to grab for the beach or a day out by the pool.

I might head out to a beach with this pair today, and if I do I will update this review.

Let me know if you guys liked this review or want more info :)

underlvr

Re: Joe Snyder Polyester Review
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »
Hey great review that was super helpful.  I just put in an order for 4 JS items.  The bulge thong in fuchsia (sort of raspberry color/bright), the traditional thong in black (for long flights etc) a bulge bikini in black and another bulge thong also poly.

Hoping for the best.  I’ll give a review once i can try everything on! 

underlvr

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:09:01 AM »
My gear arrived yesterday - the poly thongs....have to say i’m A big fan.  THongnz’s review below is spot on.  Slightly different fit, GREAT new colors, but still very comfy to wear all day.

Thanks Thongnz!

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
Great reviews. I was toying with buying a Polyester Joe Snyder the other day but ended up going for another colour in that  'shining' fabric blend which I think is the same that thongnz was describing: basically the fabric that the majority of the thongs in this link are made of - https://joe-snyder.us/js03-joe-snyder-thong

I already owned ones in purple, turquoise and royal blue but decided to get one in black. I own some mini cheeks and boxers in that fabric too. I also bought another Candy stripe thong because I really like the fabric and colours.

Really gotten back in to Joe Snyder recently and decided I need to wear them more often. Soft, stretchy but also hugging for sure - hugging in a good way though. Ideal underneath tighter fitting jeans.

underlvr

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 06:16:55 AM »
After some further thought about the poly thongs, i’ve been wearing mine for 3 days now and though the material is good, its not great.  As the first review above states, it doesn’t stretch as well as the old material.  It is more like a speedo which only stretches so far and isn’t as soft.  The old material i could actually size DOWN for a snugger fit and still feel great.  I’d did that with the poly thongs and they are incredibly tight...not all day wear for me.

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:15:39 PM »
Glad you got some @underlvr. Yeah that’s a good point to note, that if you size down with Joe Snyder it might not be best to for the polyester material. Still a good pair in my opinion and definitely better for pools and beach. It could potentially dry faster and just wear better. Nylon blend is better as an underwear for all day comfort  ;D

underlvr

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 07:25:44 AM »
Yeah agree with the last point - one more note to add about Joe Snyder regular vs. bulge thong...

This was my first regular thong from them and they had a relatively flat pouch that caused the sides to have the dreaded side-gap issue.  I’ll stick to the bulge thongs that have total and complete coverage and support.

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 02:54:32 AM »
Yeah agree with the last point - one more note to add about Joe Snyder regular vs. bulge thong...

This was my first regular thong from them and they had a relatively flat pouch that caused the sides to have the dreaded side-gap issue.  I’ll stick to the bulge thongs that have total and complete coverage and support.

What’s this side gap issue?

underlvr

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 06:56:14 AM »

What’s this side gap issue?

Just like it sounds.  When the edges of the pouch are not flush with the skin leaving gaps at the sides of the pouch.  Something i find really annoying. 

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »
Ah right I see. I got the polyester in bulge. Must be packing some heat for the side gap to form  ;)

underlvr

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 08:25:53 AM »
Ah right I see. I got the polyester in bulge. Must be packing some heat for the side gap to form  ;)

Ha!  Not really...wasn’t hard or anything...just that there’s no stretch to accommodate much of anything (and then again i did size down in the way i usually do)

JohnG

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 11:05:06 AM »
I had two Joe Snyder thongs, I had high expectations, one was the bulge and the other model I can't remember. I did not like them, the fit was too tight. I prefer HOM, Olaf Benz and Manstore. But that is of course my opinion.

Tnline

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 04:14:47 AM »
Thanks for the update on JS fabric options.  I have a lot of JS thongs and bikinis but have not added anything new to my collection in a while.

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 05:09:29 AM »
Thanks for the update on JS fabric options.  I have a lot of JS thongs and bikinis but have not added anything new to my collection in a while.
No problems. I’m eyeing up the sock it but not sure if it’s worth it.

Tnline

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
Sock It looks good but $32.50 directly from JS is not an inexpensive option....but I did just get a 20% off promo code