Author Topic: Alternative Materials  (Read 3218 times)

underlvr

Alternative Materials
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:06:00 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a rather broad question for the entire group so please post your thoughts/feelings...

Who here has and wears thongs (often or not) that are made of non-traditional materials?  Since nylon/spandex/cotton, and the like, are all fairly conventional/traditional materials - who has/wears thongs made of other materials.  For example: PVC, rubber, metallic finish, leatherette, leather...and anything else you can think of or dream up. 

I’ve been semi adventurous in my underwear buying career but would love to hear what you all have to say about this. 

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Materials
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:20 AM »
I have bought g-strings with a see-thru latex front. The pouch was not formed so the equipment was quite flat. The only negative part was the sweating after a while. The fabric is not ventilating at all.
I made some g-strings myself and one model was made of denim. That is not eleastic so the pouch should be modelled carefully to give a good fit. I tried rubber with the same problem as latex. I will try clear plastic just for fun but it will be sweaty as the latex and rubber.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »
Try them.

I've got some faux-leather Manstore ones - one is more of a wet look style that looks like a PVC finish whereas the other - a type of Delta string - is faux leather. I have got some Gregg Homme faux leather ones too. I think they're comfortable. They're not daily wear, more something I wear if I was going out in the evening.

I also have some metallic finish ones. One of them being a Bum Chums Terra Firma thong - it's like a shiny metallic blue finish - and I also have a silver Joe Snyder bulge thong from a few years ago. I like them but you have to almost treat them with kid gloves to keep the finish looking as it does when you first buy them. Therefore I don't wear them often! I might dig out one of them tomorrow for a change.

I also have a few lace ones.  They're nice!

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 04:29:15 PM »
Velvet finish is worth trying too. Not that common but Manstore seems to release the odd one.

ilovethongs

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
I've worn metallic material thongs before. I don't have any currently, but I would wear them in the bedroom only. I found that they became uncomfortable after wearing them too long as they don't breathe as well as the other materials.

Never tried rubber or leather. Might be fun to try those out.

underlvr

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 07:23:25 AM »
Try them.

I've got some faux-leather Manstore ones - one is more of a wet look style that looks like a PVC finish whereas the other - a type of Delta string - is faux leather. I have got some Gregg Homme faux leather ones too. I think they're comfortable. They're not daily wear, more something I wear if I was going out in the evening.

I also have some metallic finish ones. One of them being a Bum Chums Terra Firma thong - it's like a shiny metallic blue finish - and I also have a silver Joe Snyder bulge thong from a few years ago. I like them but you have to almost treat them with kid gloves to keep the finish looking as it does when you first buy them. Therefore I don't wear them often! I might dig out one of them tomorrow for a change.

I also have a few lace ones.  They're nice!

Thanks to all who have posted on this so far...  I have a leatherette thong as well from Olaf Benz that i love and agree that it’s probably not for daily wear but more for a nice evening out...it fits VERY well on me and love the way it makes me feel as its a sexy unconventional material.  I’ve also worn it in the bedroom along with a couple metallic finish ones i have from Manstore, Joe Snyder and Jovana.  I’ll wear those anywhere though and happy to buy more if they fade.  I have one N2N rubberized finish thong that’s also a LOT of fun and very comfy to wear but they don’t make it anymore (not sure what happened to N2N...sad).

The rest of you please keep posting!

JohnG

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 10:54:58 AM »
I have a red PVC thong from manstore. It fits like a glove and is comfortable even for daily usage. However, you need to hand wash them which is of course elaborate. But the wearing fun is exceptional.

underlvr

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 11:38:14 AM »
I have a red PVC thong from manstore. It fits like a glove and is comfortable even for daily usage. However, you need to hand wash them which is of course elaborate. But the wearing fun is exceptional.

Very sexy and agree, the washing is the tricky part...very manual!