Author Topic: Thong in gay men, also a taboo?  (Read 10435 times)

bemapiviz

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Thong in gay men, also a taboo?
« on: June 29, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »
It's clear that we the heterosexual men have very complicated to wear thongs, but I want to ask to gay men in this forum if is also complicated for them or if it's easier.

Happy pride day (sorry if I wish you this 2 days later).
English is not my language. I'm sorry in advance for my possible mistakes.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
Re: Thong in gay men, also a taboo?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »
I’m gay and I don’t find it complicated to wear them. Maybe I’m not understanding exactly what you’re asking but why would it be complicated for anyone to wear them, straight or gay? There are always options to avoid anyone seeing your underwear, regardless of the style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

underlvr

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
I’m gay and I don’t find it complicated to wear them. Maybe I’m not understanding exactly what you’re asking but why would it be complicated for anyone to wear them, straight or gay? There are always options to avoid anyone seeing your underwear, regardless of the style.

Well put!

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
Thongs and g-strings on men are still considered taboo in certain circles. For women it is less of a problem and it looks like skimpy swimwear is slowly coming back. Men should be able to go with this new development.
The problem is the taboo on skimpy male swimwear (and underwear). As long as the thong wearers are secretive because of this taboo, the longer the rest of the world will see male thong wearers as perverts and/or gay. The only way to break the taboo mold is wearing thongs in public to show that it is just a piece of clothing. As long as it is legal to wear thongs, just do it. It might takes ball to start but it can be done. Just be careful in the neighborhood of hysteric parents with kids.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

bemapiviz

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »

What I wanted to ask is if thong in gay men is as unaccepted as it is in straight men. Sorry if I don't express myself very well. English is not my language; I hope I've expressed myself well this time.
English is not my language. I'm sorry in advance for my possible mistakes.

thongornothin

• Full Thonger
  • Thongs, 100% of the time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 10:42:30 AM »

What I wanted to ask is if thong in gay men is as unaccepted as it is in straight men. Sorry if I don't express myself very well. English is not my language; I hope I've expressed myself well this time.
It’s probably a little more accepted for gay men but honestly, I don’t think they’re worn much more by gay men than straight men. Jocks tend to be worn more by gay men than thongs. I think the stigma of “men who wear thongs must be gay” is wearing off and it’s more of whether people find thongs on men acceptable in general, gay or straight. What I love seeing are photos of very muscular men wearing thongs and Speedo’s. I think that confidence in a masculine looking man is breaking down the taboo more than anything.

Lycrathong1

• Newbie Thonger
  • Mature guy, 70+ thongs, seeking younger for sex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 02:36:12 PM »
When I meet other gay guys, I find they are almost always wearing boxers, boxer briefs or briefs. I think I have yet to find one wearing a thong like me, unless we are meeting because of a common interest in skimpy underwear.
Thongs make me feel sexy

Hawaiithonger808

• Casual Thonger
  • Maxi from Hawaii. Avid thong wearer since 2003!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 12:09:15 AM »
Thongs and g-strings on men are still considered taboo in certain circles. For women it is less of a problem and it looks like skimpy swimwear is slowly coming back. Men should be able to go with this new development.
The problem is the taboo on skimpy male swimwear (and underwear). As long as the thong wearers are secretive because of this taboo, the longer the rest of the world will see male thong wearers as perverts and/or gay. The only way to break the taboo mold is wearing thongs in public to show that it is just a piece of clothing. As long as it is legal to wear thongs, just do it. It might takes ball to start but it can be done. Just be careful in the neighborhood of hysteric parents with kids.
Absolutely. Agreed! I think what can often be misleading is that many of us unconsciously subscribe to the assumption that thongs are for men who are gay. In my experiences, sexual orientation does not have a direct impact on clothing choice and vice versa. Rather, I've found that those who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community are simply more ACCEPTING of change and are less preoccupied with masculine vs feminine binaries. Because they are so accepting, we wrongfully assume thongs are for those who are a part of such communities. I, myself, am bisexual, but I wear thongs because I personally feel sexy and free in them whether I am with a male or female partner. I also encourage females to wear thongs and preach body-positivity and self-love, above all else.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:20:00 AM by Hawaiithonger808 »

Lycrathong1

• Newbie Thonger
  • Mature guy, 70+ thongs, seeking younger for sex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »
Judging by the number of thongs on sale on websites, a good proportion of guys must be wearing them.
Thongs make me feel sexy

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »
Judging by the number of thongs on sale on websites, a good proportion of guys must be wearing them.

Excellent point! Especially when mainstream department store brands such as Jockey, Calvin Klein, and 2xist are making them. If they didn’t sell, they would discontinue them.

Dell1970

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »
From my reading over the years.  Men wore thongs long before women did, even back in the rock ages.   Men wore loin cloths which were not far off of a thong.

TxBulgeBum

• Full Thonger
  • flossin and bossin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 02:16:53 PM »
having gone to a liberal large university, i had lots of lgbt friends, and a good portion of them at least owned a thong, a handful wore them regularly. my besty and i would go underwear shopping together time to time, but again, it was a large enough and liberal enough city that there was a gay mens underwear store. two even. the same where i live now. i have definitely met a few local guys into thongs via grindr. also, went to Folsom a couple years ago and saw a thong for every 3 jockstraps or so, so a good portion i'd say. :)

as for straight men, i get that its a little harder and unexpected within your community [the general vanilla populous] but with what ive experienced, yeah its slightly more acceptable and common in general among lgbt groups, because hey we're already one step off the 'norm anyway. but i have also seen plenty of awkwardness, and uncomfortableness around it too, especially with people only recently out and dealing with internalized stuff, and masculinity, and trying to conform and fit within the larger 'straight' expectations. but meh overall folks ive met are all 'you do you'. xD

sorry for the ramble lol
keep on keepin on, but in thongs. ;)

underlvr

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:54 AM »
I find it neither more nor less complicated for gay guys to wear thongs.  Each to their own but yes, to be perfectly honest, its more accepted in the gay world to wear thongs.  Even so, lots of guys will look and judge...really unfortunate but true.  I find thongs to be far more personal as i love wearing them for ‘me being me’ - and i think that makes a difference when others (e.g. at the gym) notice that I wear thongs and they have even made compliments over my uw choice.  But that’s likely b/c I’m totally comfortable and clearly not wearing them to show off but just that its what i wear. 

Peace, love, and thonging!

asianthonger92

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »
Last week was Gay Pride Week in Montreal, and I saw some guys in jockstraps. I didn’t see any thongs. It seems that gay people avoid thongs because they think thongs are girly. There’s still that stereotype that thongs are for women and jockstraps are for guys.

arizracs

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 04:08:49 PM »
I don't think it's taboo in the gay community, but it's definitely not praised that much either. Briefs, Speedos, & Jockstraps are the dominating underwear types for most gay men. I'm gay and I only wear thongs. It's rather hard to find other gay men into thongs. Usually jockstraps are king for gay underwear. I think jockstraps are hot, but their not my cup of tea, and to me, they're definitely nowhere near as sexy and fabulous as man thongs! I get the appeal of jockstraps and their utility, but I think it's just more sexually aesthetic to wear a man thong. When your butt cheeks are fully exposed and a strap is up your butt is just.. UMPH! Too amazing to explain in words. It just makes more sense for gay guys to wear thongs because our butts always have something up there. It also makes sense for straight men too because it shows their confidence and they're fearlessness of a strap up their butt.
Thug Life? Nah! Thong Life? Yes! The world would be a better place if men adopted the Thong Life!