Author Topic: Exposed Thong Comeback  (Read 10053 times)

underlvr

Exposed Thong Comeback
« on: August 20, 2019, 11:09:02 AM »
https://www.wmagazine.com/story/exposed-thong-trend-2019-bella-hadid-hailey-bieber

Well it looks like exposed thongs have made a comeback for women...curious what, if anything, it might do for men wearing thongs at all!

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Exposed Thong Comeback
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
https://www.wmagazine.com/story/exposed-thong-trend-2019-bella-hadid-hailey-bieber

Well it looks like exposed thongs have made a comeback for women...curious what, if anything, it might do for men wearing thongs at all!
People are talking about this on the aimoo thong forum and the consensus is that it probably won't reach it being acceptable for men, which I think I agree. There is an interesting conversation about how it used to be "acceptable" for me in the 80s to wear thongs and that fashion tends to just repeat itself so who knows? People are becoming more and more conservative I feel.

underlvr

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:28:41 AM »

People are talking about this on the aimoo thong forum and the consensus is that it probably won't reach it being acceptable for men, which I think I agree. There is an interesting conversation about how it used to be "acceptable" for me in the 80s to wear thongs and that fashion tends to just repeat itself so who knows? People are becoming more and more conservative I feel.

Need to check out the other forum....sounds fun

I’m not sure if people are becoming more conservative but you’re right that fashion trends do ebb and flow in terms of how much people will reveal...and based on several trips around the US and internationally, women wearing short shorts are showing a lot of ass cheek, and every now and then a thong slip...i’m Sure this trend won’t last, but would be fun if it did...and spilled over to men’s fashion etc

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 12:39:13 PM »

I’m not sure if people are becoming more conservative but you’re right that fashion trends do ebb and flow in terms of how much people will reveal...and based on several trips around the US and internationally, women wearing short shorts are showing a lot of ass cheek, and every now and then a thong slip...i’m Sure this trend won’t last, but would be fun if it did...and spilled over to men’s fashion etc
Imagine if it did spill over into men’s fashion [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asianthonger92

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:19:30 AM »
Exposed thong backs are called whaletails, and they’re hard to see these days.

But I agree that there are more thongs and cheekies on the beach.

underlvr

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
Exposed thong backs are called whaletails, and they’re hard to see these days.

But I agree that there are more thongs and cheekies on the beach.
Agreed. Now that I've figured out where the more secluded beaches are in my area, I've been seeing more and more men in thongs; gay, bi, and straight. Those that are in speedos usually see me in my thong and go back to their car and change into a thong (I guess they were waiting for someone to break the ice). I'm glad I can help others feel good about themselves.

As a few of you have noted in other threads, the only way to change things is to be the change, so I'm hoping we can all be a part of a movement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

100% agree with all that.

EasterBummy

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:00:23 AM »
Also a nice long read about the history of the thong and the current trends:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/visible-g-strings-are-trending-again

TightThong

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 04:06:16 AM »
Also a nice long read about the history of the thong and the current trends:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/visible-g-strings-are-trending-again

While i’m Not a thong shower, i don’t mind that mine shows through compression tights, running shorts or the like...but i don’t let my thong go above my waistband for very long without adjusting.  I love that the exposed thong appears to be making a comeback...a sort of sexual revolution! 

RA1NSIR

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:42 PM »
such a hot look, I've pulled a similar look off at EDC with a costume and the thong straps pulled high to show em off above some gold booty shorts - so hot

TightThong

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 05:25:24 AM »
such a hot look, I've pulled a similar look off at EDC with a costume and the thong straps pulled high to show em off above some gold booty shorts - so hot

Hot!! What’s EDC though?

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 08:12:44 AM »
I've been wearing white tights to the gym more often lately. Once I had a friend walk by and say "I like your yellow thong" Sometimes i make the thong completely visible and other times not as much. Before going to the gym i go through a series of changes between tights and my thong... which shows more or less. How brazen do i want to be. A pattern thong or just a solid color.  I get a rush knowing my thong shows through. I have a pair of mesh knee length tights from Amazon brand Brave Person(fitting name) in white. I have yet to wear these. They are definitely see through.  A friend has the gray pair and he also only wears thongs. I took a pic of his ass for him so he could see how nicely his red thong was showing through. 
I have a pair of 2XU tights which sit lower on my waist. I'll usually wear a bright colored thong with those. If i bend over slightly the top of my thong will show.  I don't think its a full whale tale type of exposure but for sure the color pops against the black.
I have many white short shorts where the thong will show as well.  I've noticed that shorter workout shorts are becoming more popular at my gym. HALLELUJAH!
Now if only I would notice more guys in thongs. 
follow me on Instagram:  Cruise1beach

HappiMan

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 02:15:37 PM »

I do think there is a trend of double-standards though. Like men are still expected to be more conservative while women have more freedom in expression. But maybe that part will change.

I agree that some things are more ebb and flow and a lot of things have been like that through history even though the media likes to portray the pre-1960s world as a total dark age. Pin-up girls were also very big in the 1950s.
Welcome to men's thongs