Author Topic: The UK  (Read 10163 times)

simonm

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
The UK
« on: May 13, 2020, 01:48:24 AM »
Hi guys. Just wondered if any of you have any experience wearing a thong on beaches in the UK. I've never tried it and I only really have normal family beaches around me. Seems like we are more uptight then the rest of Europe, and the nudity laws worry me because it sounds like it's up to whether people get offended or not and I don't particularly want to get into trouble. But if you've done ok then hopefully I would too.

It's a shame if not, they feel nice trying them on indoors with the sun coming through the window, and why would you put on clothes to go to the beach :p

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Blogger (almost)
Re: The UK
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »
I’ve never worn a thong on a UK beach but have in other European countries. You’re right, I think we are a bit uptight when it comes to nudity and, I’m sure that includes male thonging, in comparison to mainland Europe.

I think if you were on or close to an official naturist beach then legally, I’d assume you’d be ok. Plus, you’re obviously not fully naked so I can’t see how this could ever be an issue?

Given the situation we are sadly in with cancelled holidays and travel restrictions, I’m hoping to visit some UK beaches later in the year. If I get that opportunity, I’m definitely going to thong for the first time on a UK beach.
Please follow my thong wearing and naturist blog at http://thenakedbloggeralmost.wordpress.com

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 05:41:05 AM »
I've worn thongs on a number of UK beaches - all were naturist/clothing optional. That's probably your safest bet. Otherwise if you can find a quiet beach with plenty of space between you and others then I suspect you'll have no trouble from other people.

I'd highly recommend thonging on a beach, it feels amazing and like @bunsonshow says, in the current travel environment, I'll also be trying to make it to a few beaches over the coming months.
On skype

simonm

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm lucky that my nearest beach actually has a nudist section, so if I can go there I just go all the way with everyone else. But I was wondering about the thong for being on a different part of it, or for going to/from there, or if I'm on another beach. It sounds like it might be little too far though, because my beach tends to be pretty busy. But it really depends if people would be likely to cause a fuss. Maybe if it's busy it goes the other way and you stand out less!? Wishful thinking though, probably.

It's funny, because I know that (sadly) a lot of people think a man in a thong looks silly, but I feel like trunks exaggerate my bum way more than having it hanging out, so those make me feel more silly! So I thought why not try something smaller, and they do feel nice. But I'd never intend to knowingly make people uncomfortable, hence the worry. The front on these is as understated as possible, it's just the rear! ;D

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 03:53:07 AM »
I guess it depends on what you do when you're there. If you strip down to your thong and just sunbathe then I don't think you'd attract much attention and as you say, you'll probably blend in with everyone else. That's different to say if you started to walk around, go for a swim etc where you'd attract more attention.

If you are worried about making others uncomfortable then I think you'd be better going to one end of the beach if you can where there should be slightly fewer people and usually people who would be less fussed by (shock!) seeing a man in a thong. Other obvious things like avoiding a spot where there are families, kids etc.

I completely agree with you too - it's a real shame that society views men who wear thongs as something weird or comical. Even men who wear swim briefs on the beach are ridiculed too. Hopefully that changes in the future!
On skype

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 04:57:16 AM »
I totally agree with thongdan, if you just pitch up and sunbathe, you’re less likely to attract any unwanted attention and you’ll hopefully start to relax as time passes. If you can, try and find the quietest area and give it a go.

If you’re still unsure about it, you could always start with tanga? And whilst doing so it will give you a chance to get a feel for the beach and the best place to potentially thong. It’s a good excuse too to buy some more underwear plus you can get the same brands and pouch styles of a good quality swim thong.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:59:50 AM by BunsOnShow »
Please follow my thong wearing and naturist blog at http://thenakedbloggeralmost.wordpress.com

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 02:03:45 PM »
Hi Simonm, if you have a naturist beach near you I would take advantage and get used to hanging out on a beach in a thong, over time you will gain confidence and start to move onto the quieter corners of the main beaches. Can I ask where you are..

irthonger

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 11:54:30 PM »
I wore thongs in the rocky beaches of southern England. No one cared. There was a girl a few feet from me in a thong bikini as well. Just take a trip to Majorca. Much nicer beaches there.

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
Hi, with this great weather we have been having I have had a couple of trips to the local beach, good to see a few of the 8) 8) 8) ladies wearing thongs and today had my first swim in a thong this year..

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 12:56:53 AM »
Hi, with this great weather we have been having I have had a couple of trips to the local beach, good to see a few of the 8) 8) 8) ladies wearing thongs and today had my first swim in a thong this year..

Excellent - I'm hoping to make it to the beach in my thong in the next few weeks. Can't wait - it's going to feel extra special given the weeks in lockdown.
On skype

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 04:06:41 AM »

Excellent - I'm hoping to make it to the beach in my thong in the next few weeks. Can't wait - it's going to feel extra special given the weeks in lockdown.

Absolutely, it’s going to feel great being outside in a thong again. I’m impressed that Billinathong has managed a thong swim already.

simonm

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 09:03:45 PM »
I guess that in the end I just need to try it, stay away from families and be careful. I can always put shorts over them. Thanks for the idea about a tanga. Would be nice to have a bit more confidence, I'm not worried about people seeing my body, it's just about standing out way too much! So easing into it would be good.

I don't want to give away too much information but I'm in the south of England. Glad there are a couple of positive reports from here, and yes wouldn't it be nice to go off to somewhere sunnier... :)

I'm not seeing anyone with a thong on on the news coverage about everyone flocking to the beach :p a lot of the women are still dressed quite conservatively too. Some bikinis but not many.

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 09:08:27 AM »
I saw the same pictures of crowded beaches despite still needing to social distance. I’m not sure if even the bravest and most experienced beach thonger would have gone for it in those circumstances.

You still need to pick the right beach at the right time to feel comfortable. I think UK beaches will probably be busier than usual this year due to the travel restrictions.

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »
I have had a few trips to the beach over the last few weeks, not the packed out beaches, I go to the quieter ends of the beach where there is a bit of space..A few tips..
Be confident, don't try to hide your thong.
Get there early so other people join you.
If starting later avoid children and younger girls, pitch camp around others wearing skimpy swimwear..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 09:03:02 AM »
I have had a few trips to the beach over the last few weeks, not the packed out beaches, I go to the quieter ends of the beach where there is a bit of space..A few tips..
Be confident, don't try to hide your thong.
Get there early so other people join you.
If starting later avoid children and younger girls, pitch camp around others wearing skimpy swimwear..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

All great tips - and great to see you proudly wearing your thong
On skype