Author Topic: Hi from the UK  (Read 4283 times)

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
Hi from the UK
« on: May 18, 2020, 12:25:50 AM »
Hi, this is Bill, been a thong wearer since 1989 when I first discovered them, was a tanga wearer before then but one day in British Home Stores in Margate the underwear display had been changed and the thong had taken over. What is this strange little thing with no back? I had to have some of these and that was that. Over 30 years later and the world has changed a lot including the opinion of others about men wearing thong underwear but I still wear a thong everyday.
Looking forward to chatting with you all. Bill..

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Blogger (almost)
Re: Hi from the UK
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 02:35:39 AM »
Welcome Bill, nice to have another Brit on the forum. BHS, that brings back some memories!
Please follow my thong wearing and naturist blog at http://thenakedbloggeralmost.wordpress.com

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:55:37 AM »
Hi Bill - welcome too and agree it's great to have another person from the UK on here. Great to hear you have been wearing thongs for so long.

And yes, good memories to when you could go into the men's underwear section in a high street department store and see thongs on sale for men. Sadly those days have pretty much disappeared now and not sure any high street store would now stock thongs.

I also transitioned from tangas to thongs too!
On skype

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »
Hi Bill.

Glad to see another Brit on here.

BHS! I think the first shop I ever saw a men’s thong for sale was, believe it or not, C&A! Another former bastion of the UK high street. Our old branch of BHS was very poor for menswear, which had so little space devoted to it. Other towns though were much better.

Debenhams was still pretty good for stocking their own brand last year. When I first started buying thongs they stocked YSL ones, which were similar to the CK Body ones but cheaper (and just as good quality).
Selfridges in London used to have a fantastic selection.

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 03:27:58 AM »
Yes BHS was definitely a good place to pick up a few pairs. I remember when I was a student browsing Debenhams and coming across them in the store and being intrigued and wanting to try them. I think their own brand used to be called Thomas Nash?
On skype

asianthonger92

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 10:05:47 PM »
I got my first men's thong from Debenhams. I believe it was a Thomas Nash thong.

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 04:44:09 AM »
Debenhams are about the only high street shop that still sells thongs in store, still Thomas Nash one as well..

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 03:38:34 AM »
Oh yes, just realised I bought a couple of multipacks of these a few years ago. They are really good everyday cotton thongs - would recommend.
On skype

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 12:05:10 AM »
Oh yes, just realised I bought a couple of multipacks of these a few years ago. They are really good everyday cotton thongs - would recommend.
Thanks, any pics of them?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Artor

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 07:24:09 AM »
Welcome Bill! It's nice to hear stories of how thongers and thong wearing has changed with time. I remember in the 90s when I first started wearing them, you could find them in stores catalogs with full photos of models showing them. I feel like everything changed when the board shorts arrived.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

benessex

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »
Good grief. I also remember BHS stocking thongs, as did Debenhams, as did M&S for a while. I used to have the Debenhams ones but they weren’t great and didn’t last. Finding a guys thong in a UK high street store now is pretty much impossible.