Author Topic: Japan  (Read 8766 times)

marvin10

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Japan
« on: May 20, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
Im thinkinkg of travelling to Japan in the summer of 2021 and im wondering if it is acceptable to wear thongs around the hotel pool in Tokyo?

AussieThongGuy

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 06:59:36 PM »
Im thinkinkg of travelling to Japan in the summer of 2021 and im wondering if it is acceptable to wear thongs around the hotel pool in Tokyo?

I’ve only traveled to Japan in the winter, but I’d say they would be fairly conservative in public area’s and would most likely not recommend a public thong.

marvin10

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:15:44 AM »
Thanks for your advice, thats what i was thinking as i know they are a conservative country and don't want to step over the mark.

AussieThongGuy

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 03:59:24 PM »
Thanks for your advice, thats what i was thinking as i know they are a conservative country and don't want to step over the mark.

I still find it a little strange given that all the onsen’s are nude. And some of the very traditional ones can still mixed gender.

marvin10

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 07:03:40 AM »
yeah i noticed that when i was looking into them. They do seem abit strange but something to try

irthonger

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »
You would be totally fine wearing a thong in public in Japan, especially for swimming. If you really want to get into their culture you could buy a pre made fundoshi or learn how to roll one yourself with a cloth. Fundoshi are the traditional underwear and swimwear and are common for men to wear only a fundoshi or a fundoshi and a traditional shirt at festivals.

irthonger

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »
This is an example of pre made ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNtnf7Nh9WA

This is a good video on how to do it yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFO0OiN5-ho&has_verified=1

Here is a good example of fundoshi at a festival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlaHxHDcmo

irthonger

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »

I still find it a little strange given that all the onsen’s are nude. And some of the very traditional ones can still mixed gender.

Mixed gender onsens are for families. If you go in by yourself it is considered creepy.

TightThong

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 05:00:29 AM »
Very strange that they have such a conservative culture but make outrageously sexy gear like TxM!

irthonger

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »
Very strange that they have such a conservative culture but make outrageously sexy gear like TxM!

They are really kinky but they keep that shit behind closed doors. Their culture is against PDA and generally bothering other people. But if you are in a club or a love hotel or your house then the gloves are off.

marvin10

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 01:08:00 AM »
Thanks to everyones feedback, gives me alot more confidence to go to Japan and wear a thong

AussieThongGuy

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 04:18:01 AM »
Thanks to everyones feedback, gives me alot more confidence to go to Japan and wear a thong

Have fun!

TxBulgeBum

• Full Thonger
  • flossin and bossin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »
The premade ones are awesome and very thong-y. I have a handful of them. They’re inexpensive too and tons of great colors and patterns, and they feel great. Very stretchy but supportive.

I’m not a fan of actual fundoshi though, lol the traditional ones, unless it’s a comfy sexy fabric and folded juuuuuust right lol.

Japan is on the short list for me and my husband to visit next year. Fingers crossed the worlds in a better place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keep on keepin on, but in thongs. ;)

asianthonger92

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 03:47:27 AM »
I think you can play the foreigner card in Japan and act like you don't know their culture. I'd say people in Tokyo and Osaka are pretty conservative, but Okinawa is pretty chill.

Scorpio0522

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 07:08:17 AM »
Summer in Japan is knowingly hot and unpleasant, best is to travel in spring around April-May or in autumn in November.
Except if you wish for outdoor tanning [emoji41]