Author Topic: A day at the beach  (Read 10327 times)

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
A day at the beach
« on: August 28, 2016, 05:31:50 PM »
On Mondays and Wednesdays, our car is not reguired for family-affairs so those are possible days for the beach. I check three weather sites to see if one of those days is suitable for sunning the buns. After breakfast on a beach day, I pack my backpack with my beach gear, large towel, a bag with 20 to 30 thongs and strings, a camera, a tripod, cell phone, some food and a thermos with water, a cap and sunglasses and my pass for Sandy Hook. I have a checklist because I'm old and I don't want to forget things.  ;)
Living in Allentown, PA, my nearest (and dearest) beach is Sandy Hook, NJ. It is a little over a 100 mile and depending on the traffic, it takes me between 1.5 to 2 hours to get at the gate of State Park Sandy Hook. Being retired and not very active at mornings, I leave the house between 8:00 and 9:00. Sandy Hook is a long stretch of sand, pointing at New York. You get a good idea with Google Earthview. There are beaches at the bay-side and at the ocean-side. Halfway at the ocean-side is Gunnison beach, a nude beach. I go there in the beginning of the season to get my all-over base tan. With changing suits, I don't develop much of a tanline.
I prefer quiet beaches so I go to the North beach or to the North tip. I have to walk about 20 minutes through soft sand to get to the beach. I prefer the part at the bay but in the summer the flies are very aggressive so sometimes I go to the official North beach, ocean-side. At the bay-side the beach is very small, about 50 ft at low tide and 10 ft at high tide. I found a spot that was flat and out of reach of normal tide and that is my spot to go. From there I do my beachwalks of about 2 mile. Because of the soft sand, it is quite tiring.
Most of the time some people show up, dogwalkers, fishermen of just beachwalkers. When I pass them in my thongs or strings, we say hello. I have not yet met any negativity, in looks or words. Last week, a speedboat was along the shoreline and the people onboard could not push the boat into sea. I offered my help and the three of us could just push the boat off. I had a small G-string on but the couple was very thankfull and only the woman seemed a little reserved.
When I go to the official North Beach, I wear my larger thongs because I don't want trouble with families with kids. Parents can be quite hysteric about visible behinds.
Between 16:00 and 18:00, depending on the length of the day, I break up and go home. At the first gasstation, I get gas (cheaper than in PA) and two large sodas. They are finished before I hit the highway after 15 mile.
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

gstringzian

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: A day at the beach
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
That is brave..I am still working on getting the courage to do that haha! Hopefully next summer. Playalinda beach is my target spot. Anyone heard of things, good or bad, about this place?

beachlion

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 08:41:49 PM »
Your only concern should be to know if thongs and strings are legal. Beside that stay away from families with kids and you are good. You have to build up confidence by just doing it. When you start at a quiet stretch of the beach, you can get the "feel" of it.

Tnline

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 06:14:16 AM »
Sounds like a nice beach

beachlion

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »
I'm still visiting the Sandy Hook beach, as long as the weather holds. I was there last Wednesday but the parking lot for the bayside was full, I went to the oceanside where a wind was blowing. The waves were quite impressive. It was a little chilly so I started in a thong one piece. After an hour I switched to strings until 4PM.

beachlion

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
Wednesday, October 10, promised to be a nice day for the beach. The day started however with a slight drizzle. Until 12:00 it was 100% clouded but then the sun started to peek through the clouds. Halfway afternoon it was very foggy on the bay but is was quite sunny at the beach. It was warm but humid.
It was also very quiet, 4 people and a ranger. I think the rangers know me by now. The ranger turned onto the beach in his buggy and as soon he saw me walking along the shoreline, he turned and drove back into the dunes.
Most of the day I walked around in backless strings.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 01:42:47 PM »
I decided the best place for this was here: A Day At The Beach.

I just had my first day of the year at the beach. With 84 F and full sun it was hard to resist it is the earliest I remember being able to sun my buns at a beach here in the Great Lakes. I wasn’t alone. There were many other people out enjoying the April heatwave. Aside from myself wearing a thong I saw several other women wearing thong bikinis and even more women in very cheeky cut bottoms. Looks like I’ll get one more day at the beach before the rain sets in the weekend.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 06:14:44 AM »
What a Day At The Beach…
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny warm day. I went out to my favorite local beach and met a friend there. We were going to spend the day soaking up the sun, having conversation and simply enjoying ourselves. I had decided to wear one of my more interesting pieces of swimwear, a blue foil G-string with silver metal chains as hip straps. It is a very attractive piece that is designed to be noticed. The only thing my friend could say was WOW when she saw what I was wearing. Interestingly enough, the beach was mostly deserted which seemed strange, especially after last week when there were many women wearing thong bikinis as well as the other typical beach goers. As the day progressed I decided that I wanted something that I had left in my car. As I trained to get in the car I discovered I had no power. The locks wouldn’t open with the fob. I tried starting the car and got nothing. I had to call a tow truck. Here where things get interesting. The only thing I had to put on was a t-shirt and semi sheer black short shorts from Andrew Christian with lace up sides. This is good enough for the beach and a drive home but for a tow operator, maybe not so much. Oh well what was I do do except accept the fact that this was how I was. I have to admit the tow truck driver was very chill and friendly. I hopped in his truck as we headed to the dealership (car is under warranty).of course this means I have to walk into the dealership wearing very short semi sheer short that gave everyone a good view of my swimwear underneath, minimal as it was. The dealership personnel was professional and we took car of getting my car set for repair. The tow truck driver had me sing a couple thing and he was off to another call. I had to call a friend to come get me and drive me home. This friend didn’t know of my minimal swimwear choices. She does now! So my day at the beach turned into a day of introduction of minimal men’s swimwear. The most interesting part was the tow truck drive had never been the the beach I was at and he made comments about wanting to return there because it looked like a great place.

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2023, 10:56:15 AM »
Boy, that experience would have left me feeling so uncomfortable. Especially in the dealership. That's great no one gave you any trouble though.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 03:02:55 AM »
With the air quality index issues there hasn’t been much beach time. I finally made it out the other day and there was nearly no one at the park. I did have two young woman down the way from me, one in a thong. I was wearing one of my thong’s. The most interesting part was when I was leaving the two young women were also leaving. They had parked their car next to mine. The one wearing a thong was standing with the passenger side door open blocking my ability to get in my car. She finally notice me and apologized. I can’t say I minded waiting a few moments to get in my car. I hope the air quality continues to improve and more people turn outside soon.