Author Topic: Shopping IN Stores  (Read 5218 times)

underlvr

Shopping IN Stores
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:06:39 AM »
From reading everyone’s reviews of shopping online and getting that thrill of taking delivery of some really fun/sexy gear - it seems that most have only ever bought thongs online.  That means they never got the amazing ‘butterflies’ experience of having to walk up to a salesperson in an actual store to make a purchase.  Please post any stories that you have where you actually made a thong purchase IN an actual store.

I, for one, have bought thongs in stores about 5 times - each trip was a total thrill.  I was concerned that the salesman would make some gesture regarding the fact that i had a couple thongs in with other stuff, or that someone at the store would recognize me...I mean i was looking at the thong section of the underwear department testing the material and what the garments looked like before walking up and slapping the goods down on the cash wrap.  Once a sales guy asked ‘did anyone help you with this?’...i almost turned blue...

beachlion

• Full Thonger
  • Hit the beach in a string or less
    • View Profile
Re: Shopping IN Stores
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
Around 2005-06, some department stores in my hometown The Hague, Holland, still had thong underwear. The first time buying them was quite nerve racking when I went to the registers to pay. I put my thongs with a dress shirt on the counter to wait for the register lady. In the line next to me were two Turkish women with some little kids around them, all talking quite loud. On of the women saw the thongs, grabbed them and with a loud voice showed them to the other woman. The lady at the register was also Turkish, started to curse at the women and took the thongs back. With a lot of excuses about their primitive behavior she rang everything up. After that, buying thongs was no problem at all for me. ;)
100% thong & g-strings, underwear & beachwear, 16/7/365

thong24

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:27:10 AM »
Are there any stores in the world where there are a LOT of thongs to choose from? would be great to shop in one

thongnz

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 04:02:04 PM »
Yeah there aren’t any stores with a large range of men’s thongs in my area or country for that matter.

asianthonger92

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 12:50:36 PM »
I always get my thongs from actual stores, and every time I go thong shopping, I try to visit every sex store in town. Gregg Homme and JM are based in my town, so I can easily get my hands on Gregg Homme and JM.

Never had an unpleasant thong shopping experience, but I had one embarrassing moment at a department store. So one time, I was able to get twelve Papi thongs at a department store. I had to get a basket because my hands were full. I got a basket and went to the register, but there was a long line. So there I was in line with a basket full of thongs and people behind me could see what I had in the basket. When it was my turn to pay, the cashier scanned my thongs one by one. I was so embarrassed that I quickly paid for my stuff and and left the store.

underlvr

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:53:14 AM »
I always get my thongs from actual stores, and every time I go thong shopping, I try to visit every sex store in town. Gregg Homme and JM are based in my town, so I can easily get my hands on Gregg Homme and JM.

Never had an unpleasant thong shopping experience, but I had one embarrassing moment at a department store. So one time, I was able to get twelve Papi thongs at a department store. I had to get a basket because my hands were full. I got a basket and went to the register, but there was a long line. So there I was in line with a basket full of thongs and people behind me could see what I had in the basket. When it was my turn to pay, the cashier scanned my thongs one by one. I was so embarrassed that I quickly paid for my stuff and and left the store.

i love that story...wow, 12 thongs in one go eh?  Damn. 

aninterestingguy

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »
I shop at Christian Andersen's brick and mortar and always like buying a thong there, even if its more expensive I enjoy the thrill of buying a thong in person.

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 01:54:48 AM »
Yeah there aren’t any stores with a large range of men’s thongs in my area or country for that matter.

I think Singapore is a notable exception, since nearly all upscale department store I've been there carries a reasonably large selection of thongs from multiple brands (C-IN2, 2(X)IST, 2eros, ES Collection, Groovin', TOOT, and Skinxwear). I was very impressed when I saw that.