Author Topic: When it starts getting cold  (Read 6891 times)

85dh

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
When it starts getting cold
« on: October 07, 2020, 06:58:35 AM »
Do you guys still wear thongs when the temperature drops? How do you keep from freezing in late fall and winter?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

benessex

Re: When it starts getting cold
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 09:18:28 AM »
Yes, I wear them 365. In the UK very cold weather is unusual so I rarely have much of a problem. I have sometimes worn leggings under jeans to handle being outside during heavy snowfall, but that has been necessary at most three times in the last ten years. If I lived in the US, especially the mid west, then I can’t imagine I would be able to get away with thongs in the winter.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:29:48 AM »
I wear thongs 365 days. It doesn’t matter the weather. Living in the Great Lakes area it can’t get very cold with feet of snow but that doesn’t hinder my thong obsession. Now I’m not running outdoors in my thong and nothing else when it is -5 F, but my first layer is a thong.

Dell1970

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 05:11:50 PM »
Yes I wear them all
Year round.  The only time I may not is when I have to shovel the snow.  Then I wear tights under jeans or snow pants.  And that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilovethongs

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »
I wear thongs all year long. Once it gets colder, I will opt to wear tights/leggings/thermals underneath my pants to retain heat.

mbit

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 08:34:54 PM »
It only gets down to the 40s-50s here. I still wear thongs because its basically the only thing I have lol.

asianthonger92

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 03:54:06 AM »
I live in Canada, and winter here is brutal. It is at least 5 months long, and the temperature  can drop to -20C. I need to wear a pair of thermal pants under jeans to keep myself warm during winter. However, I still wear thongs. My butt cheeks do get cold, but I actually don't mind that feeling.

JohnG

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 09:48:15 PM »
I wear thongs 24/365. Even when it becomes cold and I am outside. But the winters are moderate in the Netherlands. It is seldom colder than 24 F.

thong24

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »
Yes in UK it doesn’t get that cold so it’s fine. However from last winter, on the colder nights I started wearing thong bodysuits at home in the evening and Then to sleep in too. Keeps me that extra bit warmer and super comfortable. Had previously only been wearing them for Yoga and was pleasantly surprised how comfy they were to sleep in

TightThong

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 03:21:10 AM »
I wear thongs year round.  I mean is there really any difference to a brief/bikini and a thong???  I don’t think so....a brief doesn’t make me any warmer in my experience

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 06:13:28 AM »
Good question as I guess if you do live in very cold climates the loss of fabric that you have from not wearing boxers or briefs might be noticeable. For me if it's really cold I'll tend to wear a cotton thong with a fuller cut rather than something thin and skimpy to add that extra insulation!
On skype

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2020, 03:27:47 AM »
We are lucky in most parts of the UK with winter temperatures all things considered. I live in the outskirts of Cardiff and have seen more mild and wet winters since living here than prolonged dry and cold ones.
I still wore thongs throughout when we had a fair bit of snow in March 2018, even when I went walking in it.

Billinathong

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »
I wear my Thermal Thong [emoji23][emoji32]

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Treskje

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »
Thongs are actually great when it gets cold, I live inn Norway and work outside and it usually between -5c and -20c   in the winter and I have to wear thermal/long John's anyway so the thong just give support whiteout to mutch fabric

TightThong

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 02:58:48 AM »
Thongs are actually great when it gets cold, I live inn Norway and work outside and it usually between -5c and -20c   in the winter and I have to wear thermal/long John's anyway so the thong just give support whiteout to mutch fabric

Exactly my point...what’s the difference in warmth between a thong and a brief under clothing??  NONE i think...