Author Topic: How it all started  (Read 4157 times)

JustARandom

How it all started
« on: October 18, 2020, 11:23:49 PM »
I never liked to wear boxers honestly, they were either too loose to offer no support, or too tight and constricting around the inner thighs, I hated that feeling. And normal briefs started to look boring.

I always had a thing around wearing skimpy underwear, so I found thongs to be the ultimate choice. From, like 12 y/o I wanted to wear one, I don't remember why, maybe because of something I saw on tv, like someone joking around while wearing one, and I thought it was unironically sexy. So, mixing skimpy styles and sexiness drove me to that choice.

But there was the social shaming about it, like, If you wear this kind of clothing you were either, an homosexual, a pervert, a creep, and a big, big etc. And I started questioning myself why, what's the problem with it?, why should I conform with something stated by god knows who?, or conform with what's considered the norm (again, according to god knows WHO)?

So I thought no, a piece of clothing won't define my sexuality, I didn't want to comply with the herd mentality, I wanted to dare, to stick with the styles I liked, and try. So I could have a valid reason to like it or not (at this point you could guess my choice).

And at 19 y/o, I had a chance to buy one and try (keeping it in secret ofc), but since the most usual choice for men is boxers (it's socially unacceptable to wear anything else), no store offer something lesser than briefs, even low cuts are rare. So you guess it's pretty difficult to find styles like this. And shipping isn't an option, since postal service here is a total mess.

So my first experience was an unbranded, cheap thong, and... I'm gonna be honest, it was a dissapointment, I couldn't guess the size, so it was too loose and uncomfortable, but I liked how I looked wearing it, so my interest wasn't dead at all.

My second attempt was an small, local brand and it was also a disappointment, guessed wrong the size (because of no size chart), so the discomfort was a thing that I couldn't get rid of.

And at my third attempt, another local brand, but probably known for some people here 'Arroyman', was what it hit the nail, confirming that I really liked thongs.

Now here I am, casually wearing them, because of how comfortable they are. And every time I wear one it makes me feel more confident, because I dared to go against the norm, to wear the style that I wanted.

Bebrief79

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: How it all started
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I like how you realized at an early age that a piece of clothing doesn’t define your sexuality.

JustARandom

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:39:06 PM »
... that a piece of clothing doesn’t define your sexuality.

Right? If only more men would stop believing that, I wonder how many others are afraid to wear them because of mere prejudices, and missing something that they probably would like to try.

bemapiviz

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 02:52:24 PM »
A piece of clothing doesn't define your sexuality, it's 100% true. And to be gay is as normal as be heterosexual, so if it defined you (it doesn't actually), you'd be also a normal person; another problem of prejudices of thongs are the prejudices of homophobia as I've read in another post. http://mensthongforum.com/index.php?topic=659.msg7785#msg7785
English is not my language. I'm sorry in advance for my possible mistakes.

asianthonger92

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 06:57:51 AM »
There are a lot of straight men who are into thongs, and there are many gay men who don't like thongs. Your underwear choice shouldn't define your sexuality.

In my case, I started wearing thongs when I was 11. I was raised in a conservative environment and I was expected to act like a macho. And as a macho kid, I was into wrestling and WWE was my favorite show. WWE was an outlet for me and that's where I got the appreciation for the female body. I didn't have any female siblings and close female friends, so the WWE Divas were a revelation to me. Trish Stratus was my celebrity crush as she was the sexiest Diva on WWE. Through Trish, I got to know about thongs. Her ass looked really good in a thong, and for some reason I wanted to be like her. I wanted to know how my ass would look in a thong. So, I cut a pair of my briefs and made a string back. When I saw my ass in the mirror, I couldn't believe how amazing I looked. I had to get more thongs.

I told this story to a shrink and she said I might be into cross-dressing. Truth be told, I tried on my mom's clothes as a kid, but that was out of curiosity. As an adult, I never had the urge to wear female clothing. So, I don't know if my love for thongs can be seen as cross-dressing.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 08:47:58 AM »
Your love for thongs has nothing to do with cross dressing. It has to do with being comfortable, confident and sexy. In my opinion thongs on men and women are sexy as can be, nothing better. As long as I can remember I wanted the smallest type of swimsuit I could get, underwear too. I know I couldn’t be open about that with my conservative Christian family. I got the message that thongs were for whores or were disgusting and only worn by loose women. Any man in a thong was homosexual. How wrong those messages are! What you choose to wear as underwear or swim wear has nothing to do with sexual orientation, preference or behavior.
I think those of us that wear thongs are more confident, self assured, body positive and of course sexy.