Author Topic: Public Pool Experience  (Read 5669 times)

JohnG

Public Pool Experience
« on: October 29, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
I wanted to go the beach during this summer, to wear for the first time a thong in public. However, despite the great weather, it did not work out. So last week I took the decision to go the a public pool and wear a thong. It was early in the morning. Due to Covid19 reservations are required and a limited amount of people is allowed. There were about 20 people, all focussed to do their daily or weekly swimming routine.
The lifeguard saw me before I entered the water in thong and said "good morning". When I left the pool I walked to the change room and the same lifeguard said "have a nice day". No looks, no remarks from other people. It was again a step towards acceptance. Since than I went already 3 times to the pool swimming in thong. It felt great and will feel great in the future too. :). I am happy that I live in Europe where this is possible.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 11:03:45 AM by JohnG »

benessex

Re: Public Pool Experience
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
I wanted to go the beach during this summer, to wear for the first time a thong in public. However, despite the great weather, it did not work out. So last week I took the decision to go the a public pool and wear a thong. It was early in the morning. Due to Covid19 reservations are required and a limited amount of people is allowed. There were about 20 people, all focussed to do their daily or weekly swimming routine.
The lifeguard saw me before I entered the water in thong and said "good morning". When I left the pool I walked to the change room and the same lifeguard said "have a nice day". No looks, no remarks from other people. It was again a step towards acceptance. Since than I went already 3 times to the pool swimming in thong. It felt great and will feel great in the future too. :). I am that I live in Europe where this is possible.
Good story. I haven’t had enough courage to try a public pool with a swim thong. I have a brazil cut speedo I have worn a few times, and no one took any notice. You have inspired me! I am also in Europe and there are lots of speedos in my local pool, so a thong probably wouldn’t turn many heads. Early in the morning when there are no families and just competitive swimmers is also a good move. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

irthonger

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 03:43:50 PM »
sounds interesting. I think that would be pretty cool if they didn't mind. I lived in the UK for a few years and I feel like they would make fun of a guy in a thong at the pool. lol. Though they would probably allow it.

asianthonger92

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 06:14:36 AM »
I've thonged at outdoor pools before but I've never had the courage to wear a thong at an indoor pool. So that's next on my to do list. Right now, all the municipality pools are closed because of Covid. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon.

TightThong

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 07:41:45 AM »
The lifeguard saw me before I entered the water in thong and said "good morning". When I left the pool I walked to the change room and the same lifeguard said "have a nice day". No looks, no remarks from other people. It was again a step towards acceptance. Since than I went already 3 times to the pool swimming in thong. It felt great and will feel great in the future too. :). I am happy that I live in Europe where this is possible.

Great story - glad that you were able to get out and just be yourself at the pool.  I find that most times people care more about what they are doing themselves vs what you’re doing...and that most peoples’ apprehension to wearing thongs is mostly in their heads.  This summer i was able to get out to the public pool...but mostly to lay in the sun and get a nice tan line...all went fine...but then again I was not walking around and swimming and getting noticed.  Most of the time i would go to friends houses and used their pools...and there i didn’t hold back at all...swimming, playing, cocktails in the pool, lots of tanning oil...was a great summer for thonging. 

sensu4

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
    • Swimundy
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 04:39:19 AM »
I've only ever worn a swim thong with cover up shorts to the public pool. There is this odd indoor pool which is in the ground floor of the building the gym is in and apart from having glass windows looking down for the floors above which is the gym areas, it's pretty secluded and no lifeguard either. I've only ever stripped down there when no one else was around in my thong for a several laps. I've only probably had one guy walking on the upper floors kinda glance down at one point as I was swimming.

The other pool I goto is fairly busy and even when it's relatively quiet the gym surrounds it and everyone in it can see you as well as there's a life guard. They newly renovated it and moved the sauna to the far side as opposed to the changing rooms right near where you come into the gym which had a mini labyrinth style set of lockers and sauna right before you enter the pool which was shielded from the gym and pool area.

Again in this one I wore my thong swimsuit and cover up and did a few laps, but when I went into the sauna I decided to strip down to my thong. I was there a bit when  woman came in and I did get up once to check the time for a little while in my thong and that's about it.

Lately I've been dying to just go for it and go in just a thong both in the secluded pool and the other more visible one.

irthonger

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 07:07:40 PM »
I've only ever worn a swim thong with cover up shorts to the public pool. There is this odd indoor pool which is in the ground floor of the building the gym is in and apart from having glass windows looking down for the floors above which is the gym areas, it's pretty secluded and no lifeguard either. I've only ever stripped down there when no one else was around in my thong for a several laps. I've only probably had one guy walking on the upper floors kinda glance down at one point as I was swimming.

The other pool I goto is fairly busy and even when it's relatively quiet the gym surrounds it and everyone in it can see you as well as there's a life guard. They newly renovated it and moved the sauna to the far side as opposed to the changing rooms right near where you come into the gym which had a mini labyrinth style set of lockers and sauna right before you enter the pool which was shielded from the gym and pool area.

Again in this one I wore my thong swimsuit and cover up and did a few laps, but when I went into the sauna I decided to strip down to my thong. I was there a bit when  woman came in and I did get up once to check the time for a little while in my thong and that's about it.

Lately I've been dying to just go for it and go in just a thong both in the secluded pool and the other more visible one.

That sounds like fun. I say go for it. you only live once.

aninterestingguy

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 08:24:35 AM »
I’ve worn thongs to swim laps and they’ve come over to me while swimming and asked me to not do it again. Every time I’ve done it at that pool. The silly thing is that it was always like 6am when no kids are there. This is in LA.

String2B1

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 02:54:14 AM »
I’ve worn thongs to swim laps and they’ve come over to me while swimming and asked me to not do it again. Every time I’ve done it at that pool. The silly thing is that it was always like 6am when no kids are there. This is in LA.

Nowadays, almost all girls over 15, who train seriously in swimming, wear very cheeky swimwear which become a thong when they swim.
The major brand sell for them very cheeky one piece swimwear or cheeky bikini and sometimes thong.

It is impossible for lifeguards to ask a man to not wear a thong without doing gender discrimination.

Otherwise, the best answer is to swim, to swim and to swim.

If you do a serious swim session, lifeguards and other swimmers will consider you as a "serious swimmer", no matter if you wear a thong or a brief.
If you are a poor swimmer, you will be considered as a "thonger", a "sun bather" but not a "swimmer"...
This is unfair but it is valid for men and women. In my country, the consideration given to you will depend on your swimming level.

That is the reason why, when I arrive in a new swimming pool, I hurry to start swimming. That way, others consider me like a serious swimmer, no matter what swimwear I wear, no matter my swimwear is a thong.

sensu4

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
    • Swimundy
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »

That sounds like fun. I say go for it. you only live once.

I've finally been building up steam and today I went and actually did it :D I was going to slowly get started back swimming and wear my rio suits and then finally the big reveal. But I actually just went for it and went to a pool with a good half dozen or so people one lifeguard/receptionist. Went and changed into my swim thong and as I walked out the receptionists friend was there chatting away with her and I walked to the pool, very casually did a few laps, had a chat with a woman in the pool, walked past the reception area which overlooks the pool to the changing room, back out, few more laps and walked all the way to the sauna, then cold shower and out past the woman I was chatting with and receptionist and another woman who had just come in, a bit older who I caught have a good glare at my thong and side. The changing room was full but I still walked in and changed out of my suit, toweled off put on my thong underwear got ready and out.