Author Topic: New to thongs. Need guidance  (Read 15475 times)

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: New to thongs. Need guidance
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »
Thank you both.

So my experience with ikingsky yesterday was great. First time I wore a thong continuously for 4-5 hours! I had to take it off as I felt a bit uneasy in the back. I think it will take few days to get used to. 4-5 hours in one go is great! In these 5 hours, I didn't once adjust the front or the back strap.

Regarding uneasyness in the butt crack, I am not sure if I am wearing it correctly. Do you guys put the back strap deep into the crack?

Today I am wearing Olaf Benz thong. Been 4 hours and feels like I am not wearing anything. I squatted after wearing it, I think it might be the right way to adjust the back strap.

Meeting my gf in some time. Will model all these new pairs :)

alekst345

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 12:58:03 AM »
Thank you both.

So my experience with ikingsky yesterday was great. First time I wore a thong continuously for 4-5 hours! I had to take it off as I felt a bit uneasy in the back. I think it will take few days to get used to. 4-5 hours in one go is great! In these 5 hours, I didn't once adjust the front or the back strap.

Regarding uneasyness in the butt crack, I am not sure if I am wearing it correctly. Do you guys put the back strap deep into the crack?

Today I am wearing Olaf Benz thong. Been 4 hours and feels like I am not wearing anything. I squatted after wearing it, I think it might be the right way to adjust the back strap.

Meeting my gf in some time. Will model all these new pairs :)

Yes, I deeply wear a strip of thong between the buttocks. After I put on the thong, I spread my buttocks to the sides with my hands so that the strip takes its place. At the same time, it penetrates as deeply as possible between the buttocks.

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 08:08:18 AM »
I let the strap sit naturally where it goes.  I don't force it anywhere. 

I would think in a week you will be wearing thongs for the whole day. It took about a week for me to get used to the feeling. 

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 11:27:05 AM »
Thanks. Squatting after wearing the thong worked I guess. Or, Olaf Benz is awesome. I wore it for around 8-10 hours without adjusting a thing! The comfort while I was wearing it was beyond my imagination. My jewels must be thanking me for this switch. They were literally squished for most of their life with those flat front briefs.

Yesterday afternoon, gf came over. I modelled all pairs for her. She liked them all and said "wow" to some colors. I also got a fabric tip from her - ikingsky ones are made of modal fabric, which turns out to be her fav undie fabric as well. And most of her thongs (CK, Tommy) are modal ones. Looking at all the colors, she said "now you can also wear matching T-shirts and thongs like me" :D

Coming back to Olaf Benz thong, I had to remove it in the middle of the night, as I felt slight uncomfortable. I am suspecting it could be due to hair. May be few more days and I would be wearing it again after waking up in the morning. Few more days, and I will be wearing it for the whole day. Fingers crossed.

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 05:50:00 AM »
Thanks. Squatting after wearing the thong worked I guess. Or, Olaf Benz is awesome. I wore it for around 8-10 hours without adjusting a thing! The comfort while I was wearing it was beyond my imagination. My jewels must be thanking me for this switch. They were literally squished for most of their life with those flat front briefs.

Yesterday afternoon, gf came over. I modelled all pairs for her. She liked them all and said "wow" to some colors. I also got a fabric tip from her - ikingsky ones are made of modal fabric, which turns out to be her fav undie fabric as well. And most of her thongs (CK, Tommy) are modal ones. Looking at all the colors, she said "now you can also wear matching T-shirts and thongs like me" :D

Coming back to Olaf Benz thong, I had to remove it in the middle of the night, as I felt slight uncomfortable. I am suspecting it could be due to hair. May be few more days and I would be wearing it again after waking up in the morning. Few more days, and I will be wearing it for the whole day. Fingers crossed.

Many find that shaving or trimming very close makes thongs more comfortable. I know you are new to wearing thongs so shaving might be a bit much right now as well. You are right about the modal material. It is great and very comfortable. Ikingsky thongs are wonderfully comfortable.
Bryan

kiyoothong

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 04:54:56 AM »
Good to know that you've found some thongs that are comfortable, and it's great that your gf has been supportive.

I never have the strap deep into the crack. I always pull out the strap and adjust the back before I put on trousers. I know there are some who prefer to have the strap deep into the crack, so I'd say this is just a personal preference.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Updating the thread with recent progress.

Well, the progress has been great so far. I am wearing thongs almost everyday. For 3-4 days a week, I am wearing it throughout the day. During other days, I had to switch to briefs in the middle of the day because of uneasiness in the butt crack. I think it wil go away as well.

I am truly loving the feel of thong underwear (or rather the feel that I am not wearing anything). It's super comfortable for my jewels and I almost forget that I have a string in my cheeks. I even slept wearing these without any problems. With briefs, it used to be uncomfortable while waking up in the morning (you know what I mean). But with thongs, the lack of tight waistband is a boon.

Another positive of my thong wearing is something that I hadn't expected. Once I started wearing thongs, my gf has also ditched her bikini undies completely for thongs. And somehow, this has positively impacted our physical relationship.

This week I am planning to buy few more and hopefully thongs will displace briefs to become the dominant style in my drawer.

thongdan

• Casual Thonger
  • Longtime thong wearer living in London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
So glad you discovered thongs. I'm a big fan of Olaf Benz so glad you tried and liked that one. They are really good quality.
On skype

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »
Updating the thread with recent progress.

Well, the progress has been great so far. I am wearing thongs almost everyday. For 3-4 days a week, I am wearing it throughout the day. During other days, I had to switch to briefs in the middle of the day because of uneasiness in the butt crack. I think it wil go away as well.

I am truly loving the feel of thong underwear (or rather the feel that I am not wearing anything). It's super comfortable for my jewels and I almost forget that I have a string in my cheeks. I even slept wearing these without any problems. With briefs, it used to be uncomfortable while waking up in the morning (you know what I mean). But with thongs, the lack of tight waistband is a boon.

Another positive of my thong wearing is something that I hadn't expected. Once I started wearing thongs, my gf has also ditched her bikini undies completely for thongs. And somehow, this has positively impacted our physical relationship.

This week I am planning to buy few more and hopefully thongs will displace briefs to become the dominant style in my drawer.
How is it going?  Are you still enjoying your thongs?

irthonger

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 07:07:35 PM »
I am about a month late and did not read all the other posts but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the bunch.

There are two styles I really like, one is ergowear and their max light thong. It is made of micro modal and in my opinion the only fabric underwear should be made of. They have some other fabrics that I like as well but this is a good all rounder.

Daniel Alexander has a cheeky thong a couple different styles something like a DAK028 or a DAK046. Very nice shimmery fabric and the best feeling thong for sitting in an office chair or going on road/plane trips. I know when I lived in the UK I had no problem ordering from either of their sites directly though it is international shipping so it takes a bit of time to deliver, probably even more with the covid restrictions.

I would recommend these for a first timer. It really depends on your own body if you need a certain style of back or waist band or pouch. I know these work great for me.

A new brand that I like a lot is Ace and Indigo which is a sub company of Body Aware. I never ordered any of these while I was living in the UK so I can not vouch for the international shipping.

Anyhow give these a look. Welcome to the fun world of alternative underwear styles for men.

irthonger

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »
I did just want to add that manscaping is another thing that really helps out with wearing thongs. This is another learning curve to figure out what is the best way to manscape for you but it is just a journey really. Good luck, and have fun.

Alynm

• Full Thonger
  • Thong enthusiast since 1990.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 06:13:38 AM »
Highly recommend Supawear and John Sievers which you can find at internationaljock.com. They both run true to size.

http://www.internationaljock.com/supawear-wow-enhancing-thong-black,73047.html

I also swear by Obviously thongs and recommend getting them from hisroom.com where they frequently have sales and you can save 25%.

Cheers!

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2021, 02:32:29 PM »
How is it going?  Are you still enjoying your thongs?

Updating this thread after more than a month. It was a mixed month with respect to my thong wearing. I started wearing it everyday, and IIRC I wore it everyday (day and night) for 2 weeks. I then developed soreness and pain in the area between hole and balls. Also developed some pain on the tailbone. Now, I tried not to let this impact my enthusiasm for thongs. From all the posts I have read in this forum, I knew something I was doing was not right. It could be the size, quality, fabric, hair, or string width. I figured out a Bruno Banani thong was the culprit. It was very tight and constricting, and was made of nylon kind of material. I immediately dumped it in the trash box.

After the soreness recovered, I started wearing thongs during days only (not while sleeping). It was difficult because I feared that soreness and pain would come again. But I was determined as well.

I bought few other thongs as well. I really likes the back strap of a Doreanse thong (which has a very very thin waistband and appears like a brief from the front). So, I have been wearing thongs everyday, but cautiously.

I am about a month late and did not read all the other posts but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the bunch.

Anyhow give these a look. Welcome to the fun world of alternative underwear styles for men.

Thanks for the guidance irthonger. I haven't yet got ergowear, but I am considering buying this as I also saw some positive reviews on a YouTube channel.

One problem I am facing with buying thongs is regarding fabric. I am seeing a lot of thongs have nylon, polyester or polyamide fabric. Does anyone know the difference? Are these fabric good or bad as underwear fabric? My perception is that all three are same, and not good for underwear. They might be good for jog, gym or swim, but not at all good for daily wear.

Should I just keep to cotton, modal and bamboo fabric? I really loved the way Ace Indigo undies (micro modal) look. They look premium and comfy. I found they are available on a UK website. But a bit expensive, so thinking twice before ordering one.

Regarding manscaping, it gives me jitters. I do shave the front and balls regularly, but I guess it's the back shaving that might help with thong issues. I once shaved in the crack using razor, and it was horrible itching for next few days! Does laser removal work for anal hair?

irthonger

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2021, 02:30:03 AM »
the material of the fabric is not that important. Mostly it is the size and pattern of the weave. mixing in spandex is great for a good stretch. I don't like cotton normally but I did find a really nice n2n thong that was really thin and stretchy. I have also had very soft and stretchy nylon thongs as well. It really all depends on the brand and how they make the fabric.

I will say that I normally go for modal. The ace and indigo ones you can not go wrong with. That fabric is buttery smooth and stretchy and the waist band looks very classy. I really can't recommend them enough. they are really really good.

ergowear is also amazing, more of a sporty look to them rather than classy but they really are cut perfectly and just have a classic mens thong look. really you can't go wrong with either imo

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2021, 07:09:46 AM »
Hello everyone. Some positive updates.

Fear and social stigma
Up until mid June, I had been wearing thongs on and off. I would not wear thongs when I had wore them for 2-3 consecutive days (sometimes just to be safe from any irritation/itch issue i had before). Also, when i was out with my friends or gf during weekends or in a park, I would wear briefs just to avoid any peek from the behind when I bend. To avoid thongs hanging on the drying rack, I would stop wearing them for few days.

Then I realised I am still not free from my fear and social taboos. I like wearing thongs, they are super comfortable, my gf loves me in thongs, and it even made our sex life more exciting. So, why I am scared of wearing it! It's not that I am wearing a swim thong. Underwear is such a personal thing, and why I should sacrifice my comfort to keep others (read strangers) happy.

Liberation
There was something that was not letting me switch completely to thongs. It was my rest of the underwear drawer. So 2 weeks ago, I took the plunge and threw all my briefs in the trashbox. I knew there would be days when I might not want to have a string in my butt. So I bought 2 pairs of boxers, becuase I would only wear boxers when it's super urgent.  So, now my underwear drawer has only thongs and 2 boxers.

This is such a liberating feeling. Now, after bath I don't have to think if I should wear a thong or a brief today. Fun fact: My gf has more briefs than I have (few dozens : zero) 😄

I think now I can call myself a thongist (if that's even a word). It's a wonderful type of undie that screams sexy+comfort. I am spending whole day without even feeling that I am wearing anything constricting. My jewels must be thanking me a lot.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum who gave such helpful suggestions and kept encouraging.

Question
I have a weird question. Considering everyone here is open to questions and is helpful, I hope I will get an answer. How do you manage hygiene after going to the toilet? For me, I have not yet been able to overcome the feeling of string in cheeks right after the morning toilet routine. So, I immediately go to bath, clean up and then wear the new thong. How do you all maintain the hygeine?