Author Topic: New to thongs. Need guidance  (Read 15250 times)

irthonger

Re: New to thongs. Need guidance
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 02:30:03 AM »
the material of the fabric is not that important. Mostly it is the size and pattern of the weave. mixing in spandex is great for a good stretch. I don't like cotton normally but I did find a really nice n2n thong that was really thin and stretchy. I have also had very soft and stretchy nylon thongs as well. It really all depends on the brand and how they make the fabric.

I will say that I normally go for modal. The ace and indigo ones you can not go wrong with. That fabric is buttery smooth and stretchy and the waist band looks very classy. I really can't recommend them enough. they are really really good.

ergowear is also amazing, more of a sporty look to them rather than classy but they really are cut perfectly and just have a classic mens thong look. really you can't go wrong with either imo

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2021, 07:09:46 AM »
Hello everyone. Some positive updates.

Fear and social stigma
Up until mid June, I had been wearing thongs on and off. I would not wear thongs when I had wore them for 2-3 consecutive days (sometimes just to be safe from any irritation/itch issue i had before). Also, when i was out with my friends or gf during weekends or in a park, I would wear briefs just to avoid any peek from the behind when I bend. To avoid thongs hanging on the drying rack, I would stop wearing them for few days.

Then I realised I am still not free from my fear and social taboos. I like wearing thongs, they are super comfortable, my gf loves me in thongs, and it even made our sex life more exciting. So, why I am scared of wearing it! It's not that I am wearing a swim thong. Underwear is such a personal thing, and why I should sacrifice my comfort to keep others (read strangers) happy.

Liberation
There was something that was not letting me switch completely to thongs. It was my rest of the underwear drawer. So 2 weeks ago, I took the plunge and threw all my briefs in the trashbox. I knew there would be days when I might not want to have a string in my butt. So I bought 2 pairs of boxers, becuase I would only wear boxers when it's super urgent.  So, now my underwear drawer has only thongs and 2 boxers.

This is such a liberating feeling. Now, after bath I don't have to think if I should wear a thong or a brief today. Fun fact: My gf has more briefs than I have (few dozens : zero) 😄

I think now I can call myself a thongist (if that's even a word). It's a wonderful type of undie that screams sexy+comfort. I am spending whole day without even feeling that I am wearing anything constricting. My jewels must be thanking me a lot.

I would like to thank everyone in this forum who gave such helpful suggestions and kept encouraging.

Question
I have a weird question. Considering everyone here is open to questions and is helpful, I hope I will get an answer. How do you manage hygiene after going to the toilet? For me, I have not yet been able to overcome the feeling of string in cheeks right after the morning toilet routine. So, I immediately go to bath, clean up and then wear the new thong. How do you all maintain the hygeine?

Thonglover27

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2021, 07:17:21 AM »
If I'm wearing a thong I like to use flushable bum wipes like from cottonelle or I prefer dude wipes. You use toilet paper, then the wipe, and toilet paper again if you choose.  Plus bum wipes come in travel packs where you can slip one in your pocket while out of the house.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WizardWednesday

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2021, 08:05:50 AM »
We have a bidet installed on our toilet. They are inexpensive and easy to put in. Highly recommend

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

mbit

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2021, 06:41:54 PM »
I have a bidet installed at home. And also use a travel bidet for when I am on vacation.

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2021, 06:42:46 AM »
Once on a golf trip with the guys to Kohler, WI and Whistling Straits golf course, I went to use the public restroom in the hotel we were staying at and there was a bidet. The lid was down and I reached down to raise it and it popped right up automatically. Had a control panel on the wall where you could control the water flow, water temperature and many other things. It was an awesome experience and I would love to have a bidet at my home.

kiyoothong

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2021, 07:30:30 AM »
I also have a bidet and I usually take a shower after I take care of business.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2021, 08:14:09 AM »
Thanks for all the responses.

I am looking to buy some more thongs. Had almost finalized buying Ace and Indigo, but unfortunately all their thongs are sold out in size M (on UK website). :(

I also came across Zonbailon thongs on Amazon. Does anyone have tried these? They look good but not sure about the quality and comfort.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2023, 09:12:40 AM »
Hi all. I logged back to the forum after almost an year now. I wanted to share an update because it was the guidance of this group's members that helped me find the right thongs and convinced me that thongs are indeed the best undies out there for men.

I can now call myself a thonger. Although i only wear thong underwear, not swimwear (don't have courage :D). Thong is now like a regular underwear for me. I am only bothered when I am few days past my laundry day and have to wear those flat front briefs. First thing I do that day is the laundry! Haha

irthonger

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 10:39:12 PM »
Nice, I hope you got more than 2 now. also, when I lived in the UK I had no issues getting anything shipped there from the states. You just have to wait a bit longer. You can check the US websites of companies as well. For years all my underwear came from chile. lol.

jason_jackson_1951

• Newbie Thonger
  • I have been into thongs since I was pre-teen.
    • View Profile
    • Jason's Tumblr underwear blog
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2023, 03:40:53 AM »
I'll just add my two pence worth while I'm here.

Glad to hear that you are now a true thonger. While I haven't tried as many brands as many thongers here, I can say that my favourite is the Doreanse 1330 G-String. It's a modal mix so very soft and comfortable. The pouch is minimal in size but readily stretches to accommodate men of most sizes. It's a true G-String with little other fabric but the waist and under straps are very comfy and I can wear them 24/7.
Jason

aninterestingguy

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2023, 12:09:55 AM »
Hi all. I logged back to the forum after almost an year now. I wanted to share an update because it was the guidance of this group's members that helped me find the right thongs and convinced me that thongs are indeed the best undies out there for men.

I can now call myself a thonger. Although i only wear thong underwear, not swimwear (don't have courage :D). Thong is now like a regular underwear for me. I am only bothered when I am few days past my laundry day and have to wear those flat front briefs. First thing I do that day is the laundry! Haha

so what is your thong of choice?

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2023, 08:59:59 AM »

so what is your thong of choice?

My current favourites are Olaf Benz mini string and a non-branded Chinese thong called Zonbailon. I just love the bamboo fabric. Only gripe is fabric loses its elasticity in few washes.

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2023, 09:09:54 AM »
I'll just add my two pence worth while I'm here.

Glad to hear that you are now a true thonger. While I haven't tried as many brands as many thongers here, I can say that my favourite is the Doreanse 1330 G-String. It's a modal mix so very soft and comfortable. The pouch is minimal in size but readily stretches to accommodate men of most sizes. It's a true G-String with little other fabric but the waist and under straps are very comfy and I can wear them 24/7.

Somehow my experience with Doreanse hasn't been great. I feel everything is good with their thongs except the space in pouch. I bought 4 different thong styles and all of them were very tight in the pouch area. They've got best designs and fabric for sure. May be, I'll try to upsize and order L next time.

Jeffthong

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2023, 01:34:42 PM »
I recommend "Muscleskins.com". Their 'poser' with a narrow pouch, standard depth and 1/2 inch sides works well for me. Lots of fabric choices, colors and all are customizable.  They seem to be pretty well made and prices are reasonable. Good luck.