Author Topic: How do people perceive men wearing thongs?  (Read 3110 times)

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
How do people perceive men wearing thongs?
« on: March 26, 2021, 03:28:01 AM »
Call me ignorant, but I personally don't have any opinion on what other people wear as their underwear. Just like I don't have opinion on people who prefer wearing shorts vs full length joggers or round neck T-shirts Vs Polo t-shirts, or sneakers vs casual shoes. Only slight opinion I would have about someone wearing different types of underwear:

Boxers: He must be liking the freedom down there
Briefs: I think he likes support down there
Boxer briefs: I think he goes with the fashion trends
Bikini briefs: Likes support and wants to look good
Thongs: Likes support and freedom, and must be confident about his body

Now, I am a recent thong convert (still in progress). When I read few posts on some other forums, I was surprised to know that people/society have so strong negative opinions about thongs and specially men wearing thongs.

My further internet search (quora, etc) really shocked me that people are so concerned and opinionated about a tiny piece of clothing. I would totally understand if the tiny clothing exposes genitals. People are giving reasons that "I don't want to see cellulite and hairy bum", "I don't want to see the shape of genitals, it's gross". Really? Is this the reason? Would you want someone to wear a full face mask because they have acne? Would you want people to wear full length trousers, because you don't like too much hair on their legs?

I think ignorance is bliss. Before knowing about this, I was considering thongs as yet another underwear type. If I don't hesitate wearing briefs in front of my friends, family and neighbors, why would I hesitate wearing thongs in front of them (unless I am shy about showing more skin, which I am not). But now, knowing that people will make strong opinions, I am a bit hesitant wearing it in front of anyone apart from my gf.

What do you think how other people perceive men wearing thongs? My research is mostly internet driven, but I guess you all have real life experiences. This little innocent piece of clothing is getting attention for all wrong reasons - while people should talk about how comfy/uncomfy the structure is or the back string is, but they are talking about "I want to unsee the thought of men wearing thongs"  >:(

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: How do people perceive men wearing thongs?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:08:36 AM »
Your thoughts are all valid here but I would say that when you are talking about underwear and what you wear under your clothes is totally different than going to the pool or the beach in a thong....or even a bikini for that matter. I wear thongs daily as my underwear of choice. The first thing I do each morning after lotioning up my body is put my thong on. My wife sees it every morning. Unless it is just my wife and I at home, I don't prance around the house in my thong. I wouldn't do it wearing boxers or briefs so why would I do it wearing a thong? When I go on a golf or fishing trip with the guys, I still wear thongs, but just like at home, I don't walk around the house or motel in it. If you are wearing thongs as underwear, I wouldn't worry at all what you read online. What you wear is your choice. If you decide to wear swimwear thongs out in public, you will get comments and opinions from others. Some positive and some that you might not like. Don't let them bother you and just wear what feels good to you and your wife/GF and be happy!

marquisdepercin

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
What you wear under your clothes is your choice. I'm beyond the point of caring what others may think.
If they catch a glimpse of my butt and don't like it they don't have to look.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:34:24 AM »
I agree that underwear is a very personal thing. But, I do change clothes in front of my friends, when I am on a trip with them. They would definitely spot it. During family visits, they would see it on the drying rack. I often open the door in my undies when it's a Amazon or food delivery.

So, just because people have such strong opinions on men thongs, I have to keep it a secret. Why thongs have to be a secret, but not briefs or trunks? I understand if it's women's thongs. For god's sake, a man wearing men's underwear should not be strange or odd!

May be, if men thongs starts featuring in fashion shows, digital commercials for popular brands (say, Armani or CK), then people will stop having such strong negative opinions.

kiyoothong

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 04:48:55 AM »
There are those who still think that thongs are for women only. Some people have never seen a guy in a thong, so I can understand why they would be taken aback if they were to see a guy in a thong.

Unless you wear a thong in public, people can't see what you wear as underwear. It is a personal choice, and the type of underwear you wear shouldn't define you. That being said, people do make assumptions. People might assume that you're gay because you're wearing something that is worn predominantly by women. They could make this assumption because they don't know enough gay people and they've only seen portrayals of gay people through the media. These people haven't had enough exposure to diversity, so that's why they can be ignorant.

It would be nearly impossible to educate these ignorant folks because some are not willing to change. That's why we should just focus on ourselves. We should accept the fact that we're not everyone's cup of tea and move on.