Author Topic: Softening trimmed hair  (Read 3946 times)

WizardWednesday

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Softening trimmed hair
« on: May 27, 2021, 05:48:41 AM »
Seeking advice. I like keeping my pubic hair trimmed short but not shaved. I'm not really into the hairless look. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like the abrasiveness of the trimmed hair. Is there any way to soften the trimmed hairs so they don't feel sharp? Am I stuck between going full bush or full wax?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Softening trimmed hair
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 06:18:44 AM »
This is a great question to a problem that we have all had. STUBBLE! I had always shaved my pubic area and did it every few days to avoid the stubble. When I began shaving my legs, my wife was uneasy about what others would say or think. She also didn't like the stubble at all. I sought out to find a solution. My solution was to use a home laser hair removal device. I used a Tria Beauty laser on my legs and after 8-10 treatments, my leg hair was gone and didn't grow back. With that said, there was a time during the lasering process that the hair did grow back but it wasn't as thick. I chose to go all the way and have my hair permanently removed on my legs. Had I stopped earlier, my leg hair wouldn't have been completely gone but much thinner. I have also heard that if you get waxed on a regular basis that they hair will grow back thinner as well.

Sadly, the laser was effective on my pubic hair because some of it is lighter colored and or gray. The home laser doesn't work well on those hair types. I choose to shave my pubic area on a regular basis and I can do it easily in the shower whenever I feel the need to shave.

I will say that since my legs have been completely smooth now for 6+ years, my wife does like them and often mingles her smooth legs with mine in bed!

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 06:45:11 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experience with laser removal. Not sure if I'm ready to take that plunge, but it's nice to know that's an option.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I understand. Sounds like waxing might be a good option for you. That will get you smooth and when the hair grows back, it will be thinner.

Ceolona

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 10:59:38 AM »
Any kind of blade will leave bristly stubble until it grows out.

Waxing and other “pluck” methods (you get used to the discomfort) doesn’t generate stubble, but you’ll be smooth for a few weeks.

Laser and other “zap” methods should weaken and eventually stop hair growth.  So, it’ll thin out the shrubbery, and possibly leave some softer hair behind if you don’t keep up treatments.  Think a 12 year old’s mustache.  (Note that this should be expected to be a permanent treatment, has no effect on blond/grey hair, and should not be used on brown skin)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irthonger

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »
in my experience you shouldn't trim it so short. I would suggest shaving the bikini line and butt crack and just trimming but not so short the rest. that is what I do. I just use clippers with a guard.

NCThonger

• Hero Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 07:01:09 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll try just trimming things longer. Since you shave around the bikini line, how do you blend that into your legs? Do you shave your legs as well?

My legs are indeed totally smooth but prior to shaving and lasering them smooth, I would trim the hair to about 1/4" and sometimes I went slightly shorter to 1/8". If you don't trim it down to the skin, it won't feel prickly to the touch but the closer it is trimmed to the skin without shaving, it will feel prickly. I suggest starting at 1/4" and see how you like that and go slightly shorter if you desire. At 1/4" from a distance you will look smooth but obviously a closer look will reveal some hair. Just play around with it and have some fun with it. If you cut it too short, it will always grow back.

I trimmed my leg hair for a couple of years and then one winter I said F it and shave them smooth and OMG the feeling AND look of them being smooth was the best so I never looked back!