Author Topic: What do you do when you thong is discontinued?  (Read 2981 times)

Mginn2950

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
What do you do when you thong is discontinued?
« on: July 11, 2021, 05:28:36 PM »
I've been wearing the same style/brand for 3-4 years now. The prospect of searching for something else that fits right seems daunting. What's one to do?

kiyoothong

Re: What do you do when you thong is discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 04:25:26 AM »
Trial and error. You've got to keep trying new thongs.

sensu4

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
    • Swimundy
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 07:11:00 AM »
I've been wearing the same style/brand for 3-4 years now. The prospect of searching for something else that fits right seems daunting. What's one to do?
Yeah that's a tricky one. I've realised that when it comes to certain brands or styles of thong and certain trends that arise which might not be to your liking meaning it's not just brands by styles and cuts which are in vogue and completely replaces what you prefer.

I have two thongs - one from lookme and tama 'doa which I felt were the best fitting and looking of all my thongs but no longer available. I've held onto them and they're both showing signs of wear so stopped using them, hopefully some day create something using the patterns hopefully.

Same thing with swim thongs. I never thought I would be able to use them but have just started recently wearing thongs and looking to get more. My first instinct was to look for Gregg Homme swim thongs, not sure about all their models but did see one from several years ago which is down to just one extra extra small size and now completely gone, then there was the after part pool thongs, which are no longer available in all the colours and in only a few sizes. Next up is the Sea Reef swim thong which are getting harder to find as well.

Best bet is to buy a good few when you find the right ones.

BunsOnShow

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Blogger (almost)
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 12:34:44 PM »
Trial and error. You've got to keep trying new thongs.
Totally agree, it’s all part of the fun of it for me. The choosing and buying experience then the anticipation of trying on new thongs and strings is always a pleasure.
Please follow my thong wearing and naturist blog at http://thenakedbloggeralmost.wordpress.com

dapotatoman23

• Full Thonger
  • Proud Full-time Thonger since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 08:43:08 PM »
I've had my fair share of thongs being discontinued, and what I usually do is stockpile the thong if they still sell it. Then I'd go to a aggregate underwear seller and look at the selections or google thongs made of similar materials. I'd usually find myself ordering any thongs I think look most like the discontinued thong and proceed from then on.