Author Topic: Hello from the UK  (Read 3495 times)

Pjw1592

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
Hello from the UK
« on: February 01, 2022, 04:10:25 AM »
Hey guys!

My name is Paul and I’ve recently started wearing thongs more regularly.

I bought my first thong at the age of 18, but didn’t feel comfortable in my own skin wearing it. I guess transitioning from boxers to thongs was a bit too much at once. I ended up throwing my thong away and then bought another one a few months later before throwing it away again. This went on for a few years until last year, when I turned 31, and I challenged myself to start wearing briefs as I love the look of smaller underwear.

After about five months of only wearing briefs, I challenged myself to wear thongs for 7 days in a row. So I bought some, and after 7 days I felt very comfortable in them; I didn’t feel like people knew my secret at all! So I now wear them every weekend, and whenever I have an extended period off work (two weeks at Christmas for example!)

I’d love to transition to wearing thongs full time, but frequently get in my head, thinking it is wrong/feminine. Does anyone else feel like that? How do you overcome that feeling?

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 01:25:44 PM »
First welcome on board and congratulations on doing something you like. The best way to get past the idea that it is wrong or somehow “feminine” to wear a thong is to simply wear one more. If you can, throw out the old scripts of what and how a real man is supposed to dress. If you are confident you can pull of anything you deem to be right for you. Besides who will know what you are wearing under your pants? No one really knows or cares to be honest. That is unless you are with someone that you’re going to be more intimate with. Then it is my experience that it is a huge turn on and that can be fun. If you have a partner that approves it can be a huge boost to confidence and lead to more wearing of thongs. Mostly take your time moving toward that which feel right for you. I remember doing that when I frost started wearing thong underwear and then later swimwear. It took some time to find my stride and then my comfort with others knowing. I hid wear a thong for a long time early on. As I got comfortable with myself it simply became a daily choice. Last, in my opinion the most masculine thing you can do is be confident in you and what you wear. When you are others will respond positively.

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 11:42:19 PM »
It is not feminine to wear thongs made for men.  I wear thongs and g strings exclusively and don't feel feminine.  I threw out all of my other underwear to avoid any temptation to wear something else.  After 13 months,  I only think of them as normal underwear now. 

You will love it 🤪

irthonger

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 09:18:17 PM »
Hello and welcome. They are just underwear there is nothing feminine about it. Even if it is made of lace or mesh or whatever. They are not womens underwear, ours have a proper pouch for the twig and berries. There is nothing feminine about feeling sexy as a man. Just think of it as feeling sexy in a manly way. lol. It is just clothing and it is just underwear. It serves a purpose. I wear kilts often. They are traditionally worn by men, and so are thongs. Look at the many cultures that used a similar garment. One off the top of my head is fundoshi in japan. A bra is pretty feminine. I am really torn about skirts though... A skirt by name is feminine but in history men have worn various lengths of cloth that are basically a skirt. I really like the pleats and tartan of kilts but I like when women have pleated tartan skirts as well.... I am in a dilemma. but underwear for men is manly. there is no dilemma for that one. lololololol

explorer

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 02:16:25 AM »
Welcome to the group. I too joined an year ago and started wearing thongs 18 months ago. It was a tough transition time for me as well (more because of difficulty in finding the right thong). Regarding your thoughts on men thongs being a feminine clothing, i believe this is too far from truth. Thongs couldn't be more masculine. 2 reasons from my side:

Built/construction of thong: It has a pouch! I used to wear briefs, and to me they were feminine (with no space in the front for jewels). I tried boxer briefs as well and they too looked as if they were made for women. I am not too big there, but none of the conventional underwear felt masculine to me (becuase of anatomy).

People's Perception: Now, this is where it gets tricky. To me, there's nothing feminine about it. It is an underwear made for men that's comfortable. In my social life, only my gf knows that I wear thongs (in fact she got me into wearing thongs). She finds it too sexy (in a masculine way) on me. It accentuates the front and it's a turn on for her. Her opinion is that underwear should be small, comfortable, functional and appealing. Thongs tick all the boxes. But, when I read public forums such as Quora, I found that most people perceive it as a feminine clothing. Now, it's up to you how you take this. If your partner thinks it's feminine, talk to them and open their mind towards thongs. It's very likely that they too are brain washed by comedies and spoofs showing men thongs in bad rep.

jdstring

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 09:09:27 AM »
Hey Pjw1592.

I’m from the U.K. too and have been a full time thong wearer for at least 12 years (been wearing them most days since 2005).
My first experience of seeing a man wearing a thong was a scene on a TV programme with male strippers. They were being ogled by women, so a positive depiction but granted most men don’t have the same body type. I have however since seen plenty of scenes where the mickey has been taken out of men wearing thongs. However, I can think of other scenes where I’ve seen a guy being made to look silly wearing oversized boxers.

As well as thongs being dismissed as “feminine,” I used to hear or read others dismissing them as “gay,” which is equally daft. Many thongs for men are designed to enhance the way the penis looks so are arguably more masculine than other types of underwear. At the end of the day notions about thongs being “feminine” are other people’s hang-ups.

As others have alluded to, other people don’t have to know what you’re wearing underneath your jeans/trousers/shorts etc anyway.