Author Topic: How did you get started?  (Read 6351 times)

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
How did you get started?
« on: October 26, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
Just curious how you got started wearing thongs or G strings?

Did you decide to try them or did your gf/wife get you into them?

For me it started on my honeymoon. Someone bought us a matching set of lingerie and I like it from then on. Soon after our honeymoon, I bought a couple of thongs that I wore periodically. As time went on, I ended up liking thongs more and more, so I bought a few more.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
Re: How did you get started?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 08:27:05 AM »
I started wearing thongs as soon as I left High School. I wanted to wear thongs much before then but found it difficult to find anything for men where I lived at the time. I had already been the one that would wear the smallest brief/bikini possible and roll the backs to expose as much cheek as possible. I found that the young women would encourage me back then. Once I moved to university I had access to a larger city with stores that sold thongs. I bought my first thongs (nervously) and never looked back. The first purchase I made was encouraging. The woman at the register talked to me about how sexy it was that I was buying a thong to wear. My girlfriend at the time was extremely supportive and excited when she saw me wearing a thong. Living in the college dorm I had several other women and men find my thong wearing to be attractive. From there I began wearing thongs to the beach on occasion (now exclusively).

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 12:44:39 PM »
I started wearing thongs as soon as I left High School. I wanted to wear thongs much before then but found it difficult to find anything for men where I lived at the time. I had already been the one that would wear the smallest brief/bikini possible and roll the backs to expose as much cheek as possible. I found that the young women would encourage me back then. Once I moved to university I had access to a larger city with stores that sold thongs. I bought my first thongs (nervously) and never looked back. The first purchase I made was encouraging. The woman at the register talked to me about how sexy it was that I was buying a thong to wear. My girlfriend at the time was extremely supportive and excited when she saw me wearing a thong. Living in the college dorm I had several other women and men find my thong wearing to be attractive. From there I began wearing thongs to the beach on occasion (now exclusively).

That is awesome you had so much support.  I wish there was more support for men wearing thongs to make them available in stores like women's thongs are.  It would be awesome to see men's thongs in all of the same stores that carry them for women. 

irthonger

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 11:16:33 AM »
I always liked when women wore thongs. I was interested in trying. I cut up some boxers and tried to make some but they ended up in the trash. In 2007 all the major shopping outlets carried some form of mens thongs, walmart, target, gordmans, and kmart. They were horrible. Scratchy cotton thongs by joe boxer and fruit of the loom that didnt fit or were comfortable. I gave up at that point. In 2009 I was in college. I had my first laptop and could order stuff online. One lingerie store I used was figleaves. I noticed they had a few thongs so I tried them out. They were from clever and hom. Those were ok but it took me a long time till I found a brand I really liked. Eventually I found ergowear and those were my everything. Since then and a couple thousand dollars later I have tried pretty much everything out there. I know what online retailers to go to and what brands I like and dont like. I am always on the search for the next brand or style I have not tried yet. It is a fun hobby.

Thonglover88

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 04:25:38 PM »
Back in the late 70's there was a small local clothing store in our town that catered just for guys.
It was summer holidays and I was earning good money, so I could afford to buy my own stuff.
They had a load of French Hom underwear and swimwear. I bought several pairs of really skimpy multicoloured bathers and also found my first Hom Freddie G string.
That was it I was hooked, I bought every colour and worn them all the time.
Now I've got so many thongs and G's and skimpy bikinis, see through, mesh, fishnet, ice silk, its probably bordering as an obsession, but it docent hurt anyone and it makes me happy to wear nice undies.

RCBlue

• Sr. Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 02:05:02 PM »
I miss those days when I could walk into a store and buy a few thongs. I liked being able to actually see what I was buying. While online shopping has opened up the selection vastly, I still liked being able to have something in my hands now instead of a few days from now. I also enjoyed buying thongs and interacting with the sales clerk. I have some great memories of buying thongs and having interesting talks with the person at the register.

Regnoht

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 11:39:13 PM »
I miss those days when I could walk into a store and buy a few thongs. I liked being able to actually see what I was buying. While online shopping has opened up the selection vastly, I still liked being able to have something in my hands now instead of a few days from now. I also enjoyed buying thongs and interacting with the sales clerk. I have some great memories of buying thongs and having interesting talks with the person at the register.

The only main stream store that I know of that sells thongs is Dillard's.   Target and a few others had a small selection, but not anymore.

benessex

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 10:31:59 AM »
I started after I left school and went to University. In the UK you could then buy them in most Department Stores and that is what I wore. I had previously played around with panties but they aren’t good for 24x7 wear and and I found man thongs a good sexy compromise. Wife is very supportive, but my previous girlfriends had sometimes been freaked out. Can’t imagine wearing anything else now.

njnudist

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 09:01:30 AM »
I had read about men wearing thongs on a message board and was curious to try them. I ordered from a men's clothing website I found advertised in a workout magazine. Wasn't completely sold on thongs though until I found Jockey thongs for sale in Macy's stores. I started wearing them once in awhile until I had enough to start wearing everyday. I told my wife I was going to try wearing a thong for a month straight. I've kept wearing them ever since.

billyboyd1201

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 10:05:04 AM »
I was always interested in thongs. I find them super sexy on women and luckily my wife wears them frequently. One day I was online and a men’s thong came up as an ad. I mentioned to my wife that maybe I should buy it. She wasn’t opposed so I went for it.
When it came in she mentioned that she was excited to see me in it. Eventually I confided in her that I’ve always loved thongs and the idea of wearing one myself made me really happy. I basically told here that I would probably be happy wearing thongs almost all the time. I think that surprised her, but she was (and still is) totally supportive. So that is my official start of being a dedicated thong wearer.

String2B1

• Newbie Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 05:51:15 AM »
I was 21 y.o. and I was student in a school engineer. It was in 1998.
I was interested by thong since a long time, but I had never bought one and never worn one.
I didn't know where to buy one.

One evening, I chatted with a gay buddy at his apartment and I explained him I would like to try to wear a thong.

He had a thong underwear in his wardrobe and he suggested that I tried it.
So, I tried it in front of him. He gave me a compliment and told me that I had the buns for it.
He then ordered me to put my pants back on because he was very aroused to see my buttocks with this thong.
He offered me the thong and told me where to buy other ones.
So, I kept the thong on me and put my pants back on.

Next week, I started to buy thong underwear and thong swimwear. I showed them all to him. He suggested me to go to the swimming pool with the thongs, but I didn't do it at this time (now, I regret to have not done it)

It is how I started.

As I am straight, it was a torment for my gay friend to watch my buttock with a thong in his apartment. He was really very aroused.

ilovethongs

• Casual Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 07:15:35 AM »
I started wearing thongs when I was a teenager. I became curious about thongs when I was doing laundry and found my father's thongs. Up until then, I thought only women wore thongs. Once I was able to, I bought my own thongs from a department store and tried them out. I was immediately hooked and began wearing thongs almost daily all throughout high school, college, and still do to this day.

kiyoothong

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 07:41:02 AM »
I started wearing thongs when I was 11. Back then, I was a big WWE fan, and I enjoyed watching the Divas in WWE. Trish Stratus was my favorite, and one time I saw a photo of her in a thong bikini. She looked so hot in her thong bikini, and that got me hooked. I wanted to be as sexy as Trish, so I made my own thongs by cutting the back of my briefs.

I was 13 when I purchased my first thong. I was 16 when I purchased my first men's thong and the rest is history.

mbit

• Full Thonger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2021, 02:44:51 PM »
I always had a fascination with women's underwear. I would try on my mom's when I was a kid, and bought a few 'bikini style' mens underwear when I was old enough to buy my own. In my early 20s my gf at the time wore thongs most of the time and told me they were real comfortable and I should try. So I ordered some online and they weren't very comfortable but I felt sexy in them. She loved them so I just bought a few more and our sex was wild. Eventually I started running a lot and my 'normal' mens underwear was causing a lot of issues, so I switched to thongs full time.

FLthong

• Full Thonger
  • 24/7 thong wearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 02:48:37 PM »
My parents were divorced when i was very young. I would spend weekends with he and his new wife. He would always hang his thongs on the line to dry.  I was always curious about them. I liked the colors and patterns. I never saw him wear one. In my high school years i would l house sit when they went out of town. I remember trying on his thongs and becoming instantly turn on. He also had Under Gear catalogs in the mail pile. I would always check out the thongs they had. One time I accidently left a thong on the floor under the bed after my parents got home.  My step mother asked if i liked the thong. I was pretty speachless and very embarrassed. I stumbled through some sort of answer. 
Now I wear thongs 100% of the time. I hate material on my ass .. thongs are by far the best type of underwear. If more guys would try them i'm sure they would be hooked!
follow me on Instagram:  Cruise1beach